She's a Bullet in Russian Roulette

*** That Noise!

From: 555-7845
To: 555-6923
Hay Aeron… how are you feeling?

I glared down at the bright screen staring back at me as only six words graced its presence. I quickly pressed the reply button and contemplated on what to say.

To: 555-7845
From: 555-6923
Fine.

I closed my phone and sat up, wincing at pains that shot up my back momentarily. I just wanted to be done with this achy, sick feeling. I hated it.

From: 555-7845
To: 555-6923
You don’t sound fine.. Are you sure?

To: 555-7845
From: 555-6923
What do you mean I don’t sound fine? You can’t even hear me.

From: 555-7845
To: 555-6923
Are you upset with me?

I read my new text and instantly felt a little bit of guilt. I could have at least explained my feelings a little better before just being pissed off at him for a reason he didn’t know.

To: 555-7845
From: 555-6923
Yeah I am.

I sent my text before jumping at the sound of my front door slamming shut and my father throwing his work boots at the shoe rack and flying into the living area in the worst possible state I could ever imagine him in. Tears were streaming down his cheeks, he was blubbering aimlessly, and I couldn’t understand a word he was saying. He collapsed on the couch next to me, sending me flying into the wall, making my aches scream.

“Karshe, Ican’tbelieve-ve-ve she d-d-d-didthistaaaame!” My dad cried.
“Dad.” I said, pulling him towards me and stroking his back, “We’ll get through this. I promise. Maybe she’ll give you full custody of the baby and you and I can take care of it.”
“Iwassooohappy Aer.”
“I know you were Dad, I know. But, we can do this together.”
“Just me and y-y-you.” He said, sniffling and lifting up his head.
“And the baby!” I grinned happily.

I had more of an understanding of the baby coming along now that Karen wasn’t around. My dad genuinely wanted another baby. And although I was recently at war with my dad, he rescued me when I needed it, and obviously my dad needed a little rescuing tonight.
“No Aer, you’re not understanding.” My dad said, composing himself.
“What do I not understand Dad? She can’t take care of four kids on her own. That’s insane.”
“I know.”
“Then what are you saying?”
“There is no baby.”
I blinked my eyes twice and looked at my dad, “What?!”
“She got an abortion Aeron. She killed it.”
I dropped my hands from my dad’s shoulder as I bit my lip, “She got an abortion?”
“Yes, she did.” He paused, “I didn’t know Aeron. If I did, I wouldn’t have let it happen. I wanted that baby more than you can imagine. I’ve always wanted more of you running around, I want little baby werewolves. I want to teach another baby how to control their transformations. I just wish things hadn’t have happened like this. I wanted that little baby.” He finished, fresh tears cascading from his eyes.
“Oh Dad,” I whispered, pulling him close to me so he could rest his head on my shoulder, “I know you did. I’m so sorry.”
“I think I need to go upstairs for a little while, okay Aer? Thank you for talking to me about it though, I’m glad I have you around.” He smiled, kissing my cheek.
He stood up and walked away. I heard him double back and come into the living space again, “If I didn’t have you, I wouldn’t still be here. You are the most amazing thing in my life and you’re an incredible human being. I love you with all my heart. Don’t you ever think you aren’t good enough for anyone, okay Doll?”
I smiled softly, “Okay Dad. I love you.”

He grinned to himself as he bounded up the stairs. No longer had his heel left the top step had the front door sounded with a loud knock. I pulled myself from the couch and hobbled to the door. I threw the door open to see rain pouring down mercilessly on top of a very wet Eric.

“Eric! Oh my God, are you okay?” I shrieked, grabbing him by his arm and pulling him inside. He dripped onto my linoleum floor as he shut the door behind him, “Let me go get you a towel.” I said.

I ran upstairs and grabbed a couple towels. I also grabbed the blow dryer and a big sweatshirt just in case he decided he was really freezing.

“Here.” I said, passing him the towel, “And I grabbed the blow dryer. Oh, and a sweatshirt. Are you okay? You haven’t said a word since you got here.”
“Just be quiet for a minute, okay Aeron?” Eric spoke roughly.

I quickly took a seat on the floor, crossing my legs and clearing my throat. I watched as Eric finished drying himself. He pulled off his clothing, and wrapped himself in the sweatshirt I brought down. I finally met eyes with him, but my gaze was quickly averted to his mouth and his nose.

“Before you say anything.” He paused, “You are not calling the cops. You are not taking me to the hospital, and you best not say a word to your dad, okay?”
“Okay.” I whispered quickly, “But, what happened?”
“My dad came home.”
My breath caught in my throat, “Wait. Is he still at your house? I mean, what the hell happened?”
“He came home and my mom, Cameron, and Taryn all hid in the closet. I went out and told him to get the fuck out of our house. We just went at it after that. He hit me in the mouth, obviously.” He laughed harshly, “And he also got to my nose.” He grimaced, “Which I have no doubt in my mind is broken.”
“Where did he go?”
“I don’t know. I’m guessing he left. But, we have to move. We have nowhere to go.”
“Eric. I don’t think that’s a good-” I started.
Eric interjected, “Aeron! We have nofuckingwhere to go! What do you want us to do?”
“I don’t know Eric. I have no problem with you, Cam, and Taryn staying. But to be completely honest with you, your mom is the last person that my dad wants near him. And, I don’t want her around either. She proved herself to be irrevocably selfish today with what she did to my father. He didn’t deserve that at all, and even you know that.”
He sighed loudly, “Fuck Aeron. I know that.”
“Listen Eric. If you want a place to live, you need to be a little bit nicer to your company, alright? I understand you’re scared, upset and frustrated, but you’ve no right to treat me the way you are treating me right now, okay? I don’t deserve it. And I’m not going to put up with it.”
“You don’t get it, do you?”
“Don’t get what?!”
“Have you ever done something for someone just to do it, because you cared?”
I thought back to yesterday and ran my hand over the hole in my neck again, “As a matter of fact Eric, yes I have.”
“Well then whats so wrong about it this time?”
“I told you. Taryn, Cameron, and you are welcome.”
“And my mom’s not.” He scoffed, making a clear statement.
“No, Eric. I’m sorry. But she’s not.”
“Well, that’s a bit selfish don’t you think?”
I laughed loudly, “Me? Selfish? Are you fucking kidding me? You’re mom is the selfish one here. Killing innocent babies cause she’s too much of a god damn mother to take care of her kids. This is bullshit Eric. I’m trying to be nice and I’m trying to help out. Don’t drag me around.”
“Why did you have to bring my mom into this?”
“Isn’t that what this entire conversation is about Eric? Is your mom, and why I don’t want her in my fucking house? Cause, if I’m mistaken, please. By all means, fucking correct me!!” I yelled, pulling myself to my feet.
“I made a mistake coming here.” He said, getting ready to leave.
“You made a mistake by treating me unkindly.”
“Well, I’m leaving now.”
“See ya.” I muttered, hearing the door slam behind me.

Fuck, I hate that family.

I ran my hands through my hair and contemplated going up and talking to my dad again, he surely had heard our conversation from his bedroom.

But, I decided otherwise and went up to my bedroom. I pulled on a quick outfit ready for rain, and ran out the door to find some place to grab a bite.

Completely forgetting the small fight I had begun with Ian, I left my phone vibrating mindlessly on the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Go read my Oli story, :D Please.
I hope you guys like this update. Aeron's being a jerk to poor little Ian.
:(