She's a Bullet in Russian Roulette

Please Daddy, Please!

I rubbed Ian’s back lightly and held onto him. He was breathing rather heavily after yelling so much and finally letting all his built-up anger out.

I have to admit, what I just saw frightened me. I’ve never seen someone so angry in my entire life. Especially not Ian. He’d always been quiet and calm, never the type to blow up on someone and yell at them like that.

“I’m sorry.” He mumbled against my shoulder.

I pulled away from him and held him at arm’s length, looking at him. He looked upset and hurt, almost on the brink of tears if he hadn’t been so angry.

“Aeron. I’m sorry. Don’t look at me like that.”
“Like what?”
“You look scared. I didn’t mean to yell like that in front of you.”
“I know. I am a little frightened, but I think I understand.”
“You think?”
“Yeah.. Why don’t you just get some stuff and maybe my dad will let you stay at our place or something.”
He returned to packing his suitcase, “Isn’t he going to be mad that you didn’t come home last night?”
“Well, I texted him when we were walking and I told him that I might not make it home because of the moon and whatnot and he said it was fine.”
“And he trusted you to stay here with me?”
I smiled softly, “Yeah, he trusts me quite a bit. More than he probably should, but it’s nice, so I’m not complaining.”
“Well, I have most of my stuff. I’ll take it out to my car, do you think you could round up Kitty and Fizgig while I’m doing that?”
“Yeah, I’ll do that.”

Ian carried his suitcase out to the car, grabbing a few more things on the way. I looked around the bedroom, not spotting either cat. I made my way into the living room and found who I had presumed to be Kitty. She must have ran off in quite a scare after hearing all the yelling. I picked her up and she mewed softly at me. I shushed her and went on to find Fizgig, who was lounging comfortably on the floor in front of the bathroom.

Once I had both cats in my arms, I turned to retreat to the car and I heard Ian’s mom come clicking down the stairs. I quickly pushed myself into the closet and hid from her. I really had no reason to, but the mere thought of being near her after the way she had just treated Ian kind of made me want to go Wolverine on her bleach blonde ass.

“Ian!” She yelled, “Ian! Where the hell are you?”
“What do you want?” I heard him grumble as he pushed the front door open and come back into the house.
“What are you doing?”
“I’m packing my stuff and leaving, what does it look like?”
“Well, do you want your damn ticket or not?”
“No. I don’t want that stupid ticket.” He muttered, “Cause I’m not leaving here.”
“Where the hell are you going?”
“I don’t know yet. All I know is it’s not going to be here, or in New York.”
“Well, then get out of my house.”
“Fine. I have no problem doing so. Aeron? Come on. We’re leaving.”

I bit my lip as I pushed open the door and came out of the closet with Ian’s cats in my arms. I contracted a weird glare from Ian’s mom and a slightly amused smile on Ian’s face.

I made my way past the both of them and carried Ian’s cats out to the car where I took a seat in the passenger’s side. I held the cats in my lap as Ian continued arguing with his mom a bit before throwing open the door to his car and starting it. We rolled out of the driveway and something smacked Ian’s windshield, sending a crack from the left corner all the way to the middle of the piece of glass. I looked at the culprit, a very high heel and carried my gaze back to Ian’s mom where she stood, waving around a thick piece of paper with an airplane on it.

“Fucking bitch.” Ian muttered.

I ignored his comment and continued to calm down the cats by petting them between their ears. We rolled to a stop in front of my house and Ian sighed loudly.

“Look. I’m really sorry for yelling and screaming like that in front of you. You shouldn’t have had to deal with that. It was completely ridiculous and unnecessary for my mom to call you names and I don’t want you to think I’m some kind of psycho freak. My mom and I have never got along and I’ve never had the nerve to say anything to her about it all. I just kind of blew up on her this morning after the way she acted.”
“It’s okay. I get it. If my mom acted like that, I’d probably freak out a bit too.”

That wasn’t true. I would go completely ballistic and whip out my fangs on her. I didn’t know my mom from Adam and I hated her more than I hated vampires.

“Well.” I said, filling the silence, “I’m going to go and talk to my dad. I’ll be right back, okay?”
“Okay.”

I set Kitty and Fizgig next to Ian and climbed out of the car, making my way up to the front door. I quickly let myself in and closed the door behind me.

“Aer? That you?”
“Yeah Dad. It’s me.” I said, walking into the living room.
“You worried me last night, not coming home.”
“I know, but I just didn’t want to come home so late at night, and I was really really tired. I kind of just passed out at Ian’s.”
“Yeah yeah.” He smiled.
“Well, speaking of Ian.. He’s sort of sitting in his car in our driveway with two cats and a suitcase. His mom kicked him out and he needs a place to live.”
My dad let out a slight chuckle, “Well don’t waste your breath there, kid.”
I bit my lip, “Yeah. Well?”
“Aeron.” He sighed.
“Dad, he has nowhere to live and if he doesn’t stay here, he’ll have to go all the way back to New York, or live in his car. That’s not fair.”
“He’s not even my kid Aeron.”
“I know. But, he can get a job and pay some rent. He’ll buy his own food and stuff. He won’t get into our food, he’s a vegetarian.”
“Fine Aeron, fine.”
“Thanks Dad!” I smiled.

I ran back outside to tell Ian the good news.
♠ ♠ ♠
thetosted: i happen to be from boise! (: ha, i'm the one including all the area codes and what not. (:

anywhoo, hope you guys like this chapter.