She's a Bullet in Russian Roulette

I Hate Alcohol

“Aer? Do you have Kitty and Fizgig?” Ian asked me, running up and down my stairs with his suitcase.
I smirked up at him as I sat on the couch, petting his cats. I really didn’t want them to have to leave. I liked them a lot, “Ian. They’re over here with me.”
“Oh lord!” He yelled, running to the couch, “I thought I lost them!”
“No, I was just hoping you’d forget about them. I’m starting to get attached.”
“Forget my kitties? Never!” He said, mock shock.
I rolled my eyes and stood up, holding Kitty in my arms, “Well. I’m certainly giong to miss them. That’s for sure. But, lets get this show on the road.”
“Okay.” He grinned, grabbing Fizgig.

We both piled into Ian’s car with the cats and drove towards this kid’s house who Ian had the address to. I was still a little worried about the fact that he was going to move in with someone he’d only known for a week. It’s not that I’m crazy and controlling, I just thought it was a little strange. I would never move in with someone I’d only known for a week.

“Aeron.” Ian sighed, turning down the radio, “Stop worrying.”
“I’m not worried.” I muttered.
“Yes. You are. I can tell by the look on your face. I promise that I’m not going to get hurt moving in with one of my co-workers.”
“You know.” I smiled, turning to face him, “You are the hardest human I’ve had to protect.”
“I’m a very spontaneous person.” He grinned, pulling into the driveway of an apartment complex.

I saw a kid about our age jumping up and down and waving his arms around.

Ian laughed, “Well there’s William.”

I sighed as Ian pulled himself out of the car and walked up to this William character. I stayed in the car with Kitty and Fizgig. Partly because I didn’t want to deal with this kid, and partly because I wanted to spend some more time with Ian’s cats before they were taken away from me.

“Aeron! Come on.” Ian grunted, pulling his suitcase out of the backseat of his car. I rolled my eyes unintentionally and grabbed the cats, following William up the stairs to his door.

“I didn’t know Ian had cats.” William stated, “I love cats. They make the best pets. They’re not all slobbery and gross like dogs.”
“Yeah..” I agreed solemnly.
“Well, here it is.” He grinned, swinging his door open to reveal a very small, disgustingly dirty apartment.

There were plates and cups everywhere, littering the floor. Candy wrappers and plastic cups were sticking from between the cushions. I walked into the kitchen to see dirty dishes piling out of the sink and covering the counters. It was ridiculously dirty, and it almost made me sick.

“Oh, Ian!” William yelled pushing open a door to the only clean room in the whole apartment, “Here’s your room. There’s a bed set up in there and everything. It’s my guest room. But, now! It’s your room!”
“Thanks.” Ian grinned, pulling me in the bedroom with him. I dropped the cats on the ground and Ian threw his suitcase on the bed.

He turned around to face me, a grin placed on his face and he snaked his arms around my waist, kissing my neck softly.

“I can’t believe I have my own place.” He smiled, breathing on my neck.
“Yeah..” I agreed.
He pulled away from me and sighed, “What’s wrong with it?”
“Nothing. I’m just gonna miss you and the cats being at my house all the time. I get sick of being there by my friggin’ self all day. It was nice to have some company.”
“Well babe.” He said, sitting down on the bed, so I was leaning against him, “You can come over here any time you want, you know that.”
“I know, I know.”
“I’m not gonna get hunted down by vampires.” He laughed slightly.
“I don’t think you’re going to get hunted down by vampires!” I argued, “This William kid just seems a bit.. I dunno, strange to me..”
“Well, that’s because you only met him today. Of course he’s going to seem strange to you. You have no idea what I thought about him the first time I met the wackjob.” He grinned, lowering his voice.
I rolled my eyes, “You’re crazy for moving in with him.”
“IAN!” William suddenly yelled, throwing open the bedroom door, “Guess what I just found?!”
“What?” Ian smiled politely.
“I found an almost full bottle of Jack Daniel’s baby.”
“Let’s get drunk!” Ian grinned.
“Well, I’m thinking I need to get home about now.” I said uneasily.
“Babe, we were just getting to the fun part, come on.”
“No, it’s fine. Really. I’ll just have my dad come pick me up.”
“Why don’t you just tell him that you were up all night, unpacking with me and you passed out?”
“Because. That would be lying. And I don’t lie to my dad. He trusts me, and I’m not about to fuck that up.” I said, walking away swiftly and heading for the door. I made it outside and almost to the stairs when Ian caught up behind me.
“Aeron, are you sure you want to leave? I really wanted to spend some time with you today.. I haven’t seen you all week.” He grinned slightly, running a hand down the side of my face.
“I don’t want to hang out with you just so you can get plastered Ian.” I mumbled.
“What? You don’t want us drinking?”
“No. I don’t.”
“Aeron. It’s just alcohol. It never killed anyone.”
“Actually.” I sighed, “It has killed tons of people. Not to mention. Drunk people are annoying.” I said, walking off.
“Fine. Whatever.” I heard Ian mutter as he turned on his heel and went back into his new apartment.

I texted my dad and asked him to come and pick me up. I didn’t feel like running all the way home today.

I sat down on the edge of the curb and picked at the grass as I waited for my dad to show up. I don’t see why Ian seemed so keen on getting drunk. He obviously saw how much it was annoying me and he didn’t even care.

I hate alcohol.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not the greatest, but I got it posted, didn't I? (: