She's a Bullet in Russian Roulette

I Hate Superman!

It was now Friday, and I was –as I had been for most of the week- hidden safely in the Art room eating my lunch and trying to finish a painting of Bat Girl and Robin. It was just me and another random kid in the room so it was nice and quiet.

I could honestly say I was indeed enjoying myself. There were no loud dirty kids yelling about the latest video game or manga that they bought, there were no sluty girls oddly fawning over me –which was awkward-, no jocks, nothing but me, my lunch, and my art… well there was the weird kid who had just been sitting and watching me every lunch since Tuesday. She kinda freaked me out at first, but I eventually built up a resistance. It was too bad I couldn’t build up one against the strange feelings I had quickly developed towards Aeron.

She was the reason I had decided to distance myself from everyone at lunch and recess. I didn’t want to chance bumping into her and making a fool of myself. After my terrible supper with my ‘family’ on Monday, when I got home all I could think about was Aeron. Like what she was doing, or dreaming, or thinking about, if she was thinking about me. I was honestly totally confused as to why I felt the need to know those types of things. It was very… not me.

Though keeping to myself at lunch and recess had given me lots of time to think things over. And in that time I had decided that I was going to go out on a limb and ask her if she’d like to go see a movie with me, as friends of course.

I was trying to figure out how I was going to go about it as I painted. I had decided that it would be best to be straightforward and just outright ask. If she said no, she said no. I would be devastated, but I’d live.

I put my lunch back away and finished Batgirl. I was pretty proud of how well it turned out.

“Wow, that’s good” some one said from behind me.

Shocked, I quickly turned to see none other then Aeron standing behind me.

“Oh… ah, thanks” I said as I looked at my lap, in a poor attempt to hide the blush that was creeping up my cheeks.

“So this is where you’ve been hiding, huh?” she smiled as she took a seat beside me.

I shrugged, “its nice here… quiet”

She nodded in agreement, “you really are a good artist. Those are your paintings in the hall way right?”

I nodded. Mr. Green the art teacher seemed to really like my work, so he started to hang up everything I painted. And he had me bring in a couple old paintings.

“Thank you” I smiled and briefly looked up at her, I needed my old confidence back.

“You paint a lot of superheroes” she stated, “but I haven’t seen one of superman…”

I glared at the table at the mentioning of that super-idiot, “yeah, I want to become a comic book artist. And as for superman… I hate him plane and simple.”

She laughed at me, “You hate him? That’s a but harsh, don’t you think?”

I shook my head, “no. I think it’s appropriate. I’ve never liked Superman… and I doubt I ever will… I like Hawk women more then Superman, and she’s pretty useless.”

“Why do you hate Superman so much?” she asked, her head tilted slightly to the side like a curious puppy.

She was adorable, and she seemed –strangely enough- genuinely interested in my hate for Super-fag.

“Well there are a lot of reasons why I don’t like Superman. But one of the main ones would be, that Lex Luther wants to kill Superman because when Superman saved Lex, Lex ended up going baled, he blamed Superman for it, and decided to kill him… at least that’s what my friend Sean told me. He liked Superman,” I explained.

She laughed once again, “seriously?”

“Yeah” I nodded, “its probably one of the stupidest things I’ve ever heard, and that’s saying something”

“Well I guess that’s as legitimate a reason to hate Superman as any…” she said thoughtfully.

I nodded and looked at my lap. I took a deep breath to prepare myself, and then I looked up at her beautiful smiling face. I got a weird pleasant sensation in my stomach; I believed most people called them butterflies… I called them a nuisance.

“So… I was wondering if you’d, um… like to go see a movie with me tonight?” I asked unsurely, then quickly added, “just as friends… you know…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jezabel DarkSnake for commenting ^-^ it means a lot to us.