She's a Bullet in Russian Roulette

Stupid moon!

"Stupid moon. Stupid fucking retarded moon." I mumbled, throwing myself further into the unneeded vegetation, getting all sorts of leaves and twigs stuck to me.
Why did I even decided to go to a movie at night? That could have been the stupidest thing I have ever done in my entire life.
And although my hand was disgustingly sweaty, Ian held on to it for his life. I didn't want to pull it away once he got a hold of it, that might have been rude. But, Jesus.
I finally made my way out of the trees and hit a busy street. I knelt down on all fours and quickly bounded across the street, receiving a nice yell from a little car. I crossed over a couple more neighborhoods and, finally. I made it to my back door. I reached up and nudged the handle with the tip of my nose and pushed the door the rest of the way open. It was so dark inside, I don't know how anyone could have been alive. The shrill squeak of the door definitely frightened someone.
"Oh my God! Oh my.. BRIAN!!" Karen's high pitched voice shrieked, shaking window panes and making my ears ring. I whimpered and knelt down.
My dad flew down the stairs and the light was instantly turned on. I looked up at him and towards Karen.
"Karen, its alright. Its just a dog."
"That. Is a wolf Brian. I have never seen a dog that big in my life."
"Its a stray. Just send it on back outside." My dad said, pushing the door open.
I quickly retreated to the porch and layed down. I was in no mood for this business right now.
Minutes later, a t shirt and jeans appeared at my feet. I quickly shielded myself and turned into Aeron again. I pulled on the clothes and snuck in the back door again. Locking it behind me, I turned on the kitchen light.
Faintly, I heard, "Brian. Who is that? Oh my God. They locked the door. That means.."
"Its probably just Aer. Sneaking in a little late. Don't worry about it." He paused, "Aer! Aer? Is that you?!"
My voice returned, harsh and raspy, "Yeah, Dad. Its me."
I began my walk upstairs and Karen came bustling out of my father's bedroom. Dressed in an oversized t shirt and pair of gym shorts, she reminded me of my cousin, Anne Marie. I got a hint of a smile to my face as she opened her mouth and words started spewing out, like a never ending drip of water, "Oh my God Aeron. You weren't here for it. I was in the kitchen, and there was the really really loud squeak and your back door opened, and this HUGE! I'm talking Huge Aer!" She paused at my giggle, "Don't you start laughing at me! I'm not joking!"
"I'm sorry Karen." I said, putting a hand over my mouth, stifling yet another small laugh, "Go on."
"Andsothen I yelled at your dad to come downstairs, and he tried telling me. He tried telling me that.. That thing. That WOLF! Was a freakin' dog! He's crazy Aeron. Your father is completely absolutely, psychotic."
"Ahhh, Karen. You crack me up."
She threw her hands up in frustration, "You're both crazy! Oh my goodness."
I laughed again, "I'm sorry dear. But, I'm tired and I want to go to bed. I promise to continue discussing the wolf in my house with you tomorrow morning. There is more of a story to it than you think."
"What?!" Her face lit up, "Aer. Tell me tellmetellmetellme!" She squealed like a small kid.
"Shower first. I'll be back down in ten mintues, and we'll talk, okay?"
"I'll make snacks!" She grinned.
I shook my head slightly and went into my bathroom. I washed off all the leaves and twigs and stepped out. Wringing my hair, I suddenly remembered Ian. I needed to think of a story to tell Karen and I needed to talk to Ian about what the fuck happened tonight.
Drying myself off, I caught a small glimpse of a light coming through the jeans I had been wearing. I quickly pulled my phone out of the pocket and saw that it said: Ian calling.
I stalled. I didn't have a story just yet. I needed to think of something. I can't just tell him that I ran away from him. Fuck. I went to set the phone down and pushed answer. FUCK ME.
"Um, hello?" I answered most innocently.
"Aeron! Jesus. Where are you? I have been trying to get a hold of you all night. I didn't know where you went, and I was terrified."
"Ian. I know. I'm sorry. I got.. Really sick. And I didn't want you to have to drive me home all sick. So I just called my dad. He came and picked me up. I am at home. I'm fine now. I just don't feel very well."
"Well, okay. Just let me know before you leave next time.. You scared me."
"I'm honestly sorry. I'll make it up to you, okay? But I have to go. My dad's girlfriend is downstairs, and I have to tell her something.." I cringed, that made it sound like I was going to explain the date. Shit.
"Oh. Okay. See you tomorrow?"
"Maybe."
Maybe? Fuck that. I'm not going anywhere tomorrow.
"Okay. Well, talk to you later. Bye."
"Alright. You too."
"Okay."
"Bye." I quickly said, leaving an awkward conversation. I set my phone down on the bed and pulled on a pair of sweats and a tank top. I quickly slid down the stairs and stumbled into the living room to see Karen passed out on the couch. Her hand clutching a small piece of paper, and her mouth slightly open. I took the picture from her hand very carefully and unfolded it to see my dad, from a few years back, his form not much different from the one I was previously in. I forgot how much I looked like him sometimes.
Sighing, I placed the picture on Karen's stomach and pulled the blanket off the back of the couch. After draping it across her, I turned off the kitchen light and grabbed a couple of the chocolate covered strawberries from the plate. I headed back up to my room and collapsed on my bed.
What would Ian think? If I just happened to be honest with him? That's enough to gross any guy out. I saw him today though, in his window. He was snuggling against a cat. And had another one, winding itself around his feet. I found it rather adorable. I wonder if he might like a pet dog too?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to SamanthaxSurrender, Jezabel DarkSnake, LionLambLove, and I Am Born For This for commenting ^-^ as always it means a lot to us!!! :D