She's a Bullet in Russian Roulette

Hunter

I sighed as I received a text from Aeron the next morning saying that she didn’t feel well enough to chill with me today. I knew what she really meant, I wasn’t stupid. She ran away from me the night before and now she was making up excuses to not have to chill with me. She just wasn’t interested in me, and I hated that she was pussy footing around it and lying to me.
I needed to get my mind off of Aeron… and I needed to preoccupy my Saturday with something. So I decided to go for a walk and get to know the neighbourhood better.
I walked into my bedroom and started to rummage through my closet for something to wear. I settled on my bright red rude fit skinny jeans, black pyramid stud belt, my long sleeve Drop Dead ‘sluts get cuts’ shirt, and my plane black Vans slip ons. I grabbed my wallet, I-pod, and phone and stuffed them in my pockets. I then grabbed my keys and hooked them onto my belt loop.
“Kitty, Fizgig!” I called out to them as I opened the door, “daddy’s going out, be good!”
I put my headphones in my ears as I started to walk down the sidewalk. It was a nice day for a walk, not too hot not too cold. I walked for around a half hour just listening to my I-pod and taking in the town, until I came across a vegan coffee shop. Now was as good a time as ever to see if the place was any good. So I decided to go in and grab something to eat and seeing as it was lunch time it only made sense.
I walked into the café, which was called Cupcakes. I thought it a little strange, but to each his own.
I looked over the menu that was written in chalk on the wall behind the counter that was covered in black board. I decided to just get a coffee and a cupcake. I wasn’t really in the mood for anything else.
I walked up to the counter and was about to give my order, when I looked away from the menu on the wall and into the biggest doe eyes I had ever seen. I found myself speechless as I gawked at this beauty before me.
She had straight bangs and bust length bleach blond hair that was tied back into a ponytail, for work I assumed. She had bright blue eye makeup on, and a soft pink gloss on her lips. She had her septum pierced; there was a purple plastic ring in it. She was slim and was wearing a David Bowie t-shirt as a dress. I didn’t know what it was, but I needed to get to know this girl.
Someone came up behind this gorgeous specimen in front of me and cleared their throat, “you gonna take this mans order hunter?”
She looked surprised and blinked, “oh! Ah, yeah! Sorry about that… um what can I get you?”
She had a voice like honey; it suited her perfectly, “um… I’ll have a vanilla cupcake and a medium coffee, soy milk and two sugar…”
“Okay that’ll be…” she slightly rocked from side to side as if dancing, “eight fifty”
I nodded and pulled out my wallet and grabbed a ten. I handed it to her and she gave me back my change. I stood off to the side as I waited for her to get my order.
“So, you’re new here” she stated as she handed me my food.
“That I am” I chuckled as I took my food.
“I’m getting off work in a couple minutes… if you wanted some company, I’d gladly show you around” she offered
My heart started to beat faster; she was making a move on me! I couldn’t let this opportunity go, “that’d be rad… I’ll be over there”
“Alright, sweet” she grinned lighting up her adorable face.
I couldn’t help but grin as I walked over to the seat I said I’d be at. I watched her wait on people as I ate my cupcake and drank my coffee. And soon after she came out from behind the counter. It was then I realised how short her t-shirt dress was, it just covered her bum, but it showed off her perfect legs. She was also wearing black gladiator sandals. Maybe Aeron not wanting to chill with me today was a good thing.
“So, I realised that we didn’t introduce ourselves” she giggled, “I’m Hunter Beckett”
“Ian Sykes” I chuckled, this girl was full of energy she kept bouncing slightly.
“Well Mr. Sykes what would you like to do?” she asked as she took the seat across from me.
“I duno… I was on a walk before I came in here for lunch” I shrugged, “would you like to continue my walk with me?”
“That sounds like an exhalent idea!” she grinned as she jumped back up, “lets go”
She grabbed my hand and helped me up. But she didn’t let go after I was standing. She started to lead me out of the café, stopping for me to throw out my garbage.
I once again was walking down the sidewalk, only this time I had a beautiful girl holding my hand happily swinging it as she practically skipped along beside me.
We started to talk about everything. We had a surprising amount of things in common… like our hate for Superman and our love for art and music.
“Sooo…” she said slyly
“Mmhmmm?”
“My friends and I are going to the drive in tonight to see Dracula. And my friends are a couple so they’re probably going to be sucking face the whole time… so I was wondering if you’d perhaps like to accompany me so I’m not an awkward third wheel?”
“I’d love to” I grinned stupidly; this was too good to be true!
She sighed in relief, “thank god you said yes! I would have been crushed if you said no”
I laughed whole-heartedly. She was adorable, “how could I say no to you?”
She looked thoughtful, “I don’t know… it would be pretty hard”
I laughed again and nodded, “I’d have to agree”
We ended up chilling all day, just walking around and getting to know each other better. We walked to the drive in and jumped the fence. We found her friends and ended up sitting on the hood of their car and watching the movie. We recited all the lines. It was strange, but she was the first girl I had met who could do that.
I ended up walking her home. The place was practically a mansion! Through the entire day she had rarely let go if my hand, and when she did she quickly took it back.
“So… this is it” she smiled shyly
“Yeah… its… big” I said as I stared up at it
She laughed, “mmhmmm”
I smiled and looked down at her, “can I get your number?”
“Oh!” she said in surprise, “that’s right!”
She handed me her phone and I gave her mine so we could exchange numbers.
“So” I said as I put my phone back in my pocket, “I guess this is good night…”
She nodded and bit her bottom lip. I leaned in slightly, hoping shed catch on to what I was doing. Luckily she did and she leaned in the rest of the way, closing the gap between our lips.
The kiss was quick, but I could taste her on my lips. She tasted like cotton candy. Her lips were soft and warm. And it sent shivers all over my body.
“Well, good night” she smiled as she walked into her house
“Night” I grinned back as I started to make my way down her drive way.
I was on cloud nine as I walked home. I couldn’t believe how lucky I was today! If Aeron wasn’t into me like that, then that was fine, we could be friends if that was all that she wanted. I had Hunter now.
I heard some leaves bustle from across the street snapping me out of my Hunter filled thoughts. I looked over to see a large wolf staring intently at me. I stopped dead in my tracks. My heart started to beat harder.
Suddenly a car drove by, scaring the crap out of me, and apparently it scared the wolf as well. Because after the car passed the wolf was gone… kinda like that scene from the third Harry Potter movie. I didn’t waste any more time in getting home. I ran the entire way.
I sighed in relief as I shut the door and was greeted by Kitty, “hay baby”
I scratched her head as I walked into my room; I stripped down and flopped onto my bead. And ended up passing out as soon as my head hit the pillow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to LionLambLove and I Am Born For This for commenting ^-^
It really does mean a lot!