Sequel: 11:11
Status: Finished

All I Ever Wanted

Chapter Twelve

“Oh this is nice.”

I look over at Kasey. She’s in a wedding dress. It looks amazing.

“I don’t know. It’s a little much, don’t you think?” she tells my mother who’s staring at her in awe.
“Oh, no sweetheart, I think it looks stunning!”

My mother doesn’t really care about what Kasey thinks. She wants everything to go her way.

“I think I’m going to try on the strapless one.”

I hear mom sigh and I turn around to look at the bride’s maid dresses. They’re all pink. Kasey is a big fan of pink.

“Alexis, dear, what are you doing?”
“Looking through these. I’m not sure which one I like best. Kasey said I could pick because-”
“I think her maid of honor will pick. That’s one of the best parts of being maid of honor. Now come over here and help me pick out more dresses for her.”

I sigh and roll my eyes before turning around to face her. When she came home yesterday, I can’t say I wasn’t happy. I mean, I love my mom and I wish she was home more often but once she does come home, it seems like I get more stressed out. Dad, on the other hand, is a little better. He doesn’t stress me as much, but that’s because I’m the only girl. He hates being hard on me so he leaves it to my mom.

“I think Kasey really likes the strapless dresses,” I say and point to the gorgeous one Kasey just came out with.
“I saw this and I really have to try it on. Be right back.”

She disappears behind the dressing room curtain and my mother and I wait for her patiently. It’s awkward to be around my mom by myself; I wish Kasey’s best friend were here too, just so it isn’t just me and her. But Michelle is working, so we don’t have our maid of honor with us. Kasey’s mom died when Kasey was 8 years old, so my mom is the only motherly figure Kasey has. That sucks.

“So?” Kasey asks when she walks out of the dressing room.

I give her a big smile and she turns around to show us the back. It looks so perfect on her.

“I think you should get this.”
“Really? What do you think?” she turns to my mom for an answer.
“Well, it’s very nice and it looks great on you. I liked the other one better, though, to be honest. But you get whichever one you want,” mom says.
“Ok… I absolutely love this one… I think it’s the one.”
“You look so great, Kasey. Get this one,” I tell her. I can almost feel the glare my mom is giving me right now.
“I love it… I’m getting it… It’s $700… I think I can afford it.”

I stare at her as she turns to look at herself in the mirror. She’s one of those people who can eat whatever the hell they want and not gain weight. She works out only to get defined muscle. I used to go to the gym with her but then I decided to go on my own because she always wanted to leave halfway though. I haven’t been in a while, though… I should probably start going again if I want to look good for her wedding.

Oh, trust me; I’m not obsessed with the way I look. I’m a size 4 in jeans, and I have no problem with that. I just want to look my absolute best when I see relatives who I haven’t seen in like, 5 years. That’s all.

“Lex, go look at the bridesmaid dresses that Michelle picked out. She said she’d be fine with any of those and that you should pick it out.”
“Oh, really? That’s so nice of her!”
“Yeah, she said she looked good in all the ones she picked so it doesn’t matter which one you choose.”

I head back over to the rack of dresses and sort through them. There’s only one that’s not pink. It’s blue and the shortest one there – it looked like it would fall a little above my knees. I already love it.

“I’m just going to try this on.”

I check and see that it’s my size so I walk past my mom and go to the dressing room. I have a feeling she’s not going to like it, but whatever. If Kasey says it’s ok then I’m picking this one. It fits perfectly and the color goes really well with my skin tone. I have to have this… is it selfish that I don’t care if it looks good on anyone besides me?

So after the wedding dress shopping, I had plans to hang out with Alex and his friends. But then a crisis came up. Luke has a date with this guy he met at the gym. His name’s Andrew and he’s ‘perfect’ according to Luke. So now me, Alex and Luke are in my room looking through every single outfit Luke brought over. It’s as if he managed to pack his entire closet into his backpack. I have no idea how he does it.

“What about this?” Luke holds up a pair of dark jeans. They look like girl jeans.
“Are those girl jeans?”
“That’s all I own.”
“Oh. Okay, then wear those with this.”

I hold up a plain white v-neck t-shirt. They’re only going to the movies. There’s no need for him to get all dressed up or anything.

“… Are you sure?”
“Ok, seriously, you’re usually better than I am at picking out outfits. Go put this on and come back to show us.”

I throw the outfit at him and he leaves for the bathroom, leaving me and Alex alone.

“He’s panicking. It’s really funny,” Alex states and puts his head on my shoulder.
“I know. He’s never like this. Well, he’s never been like this the whole four weeks I’ve known him, at least.”
“I’ve only known you for a month…. That’s so weird.”
“I know. It feels longer.”

It’s quiet between us for a minute before he speaks again.

“Um… I was kind of wondering… would you um be interested in going to my parent’s house for lunch tomorrow? I usually eat there every Sunday and I was thinking it’d be nice if you met them…?”
“Really? Of course I’ll go!”

I’ve been waiting for him to ask me to meet his parents; I’ve been trying to avoid him meeting my own. It’s fairly easy, considering they’re not home very often. Today they had my dad’s annual golf outing. Exciting stuff.

“Cool… I’ll tell them. They’re going to like you. A lot, I know it.”

“I am NOT wearing this shirt.”

Luke storms into the room and pulls off the t-shirt.

“Why? There’s nothing wrong with it!” I try to argue, but it’s hopeless.
“Max came out of his room and told me I look like a girl.”
“Max isn’t gay, so why do you care what he thinks? Just wear it, I promise it looks fine!”
“No. How about this?”

He holds out the exact same shirt but in pink.

“Pink? Really Luke?”
“Ok… how about this?”

This time it’s a white button up short-sleeved shirt.

“Fine. Put it on. You’re going to be late. Where are you meeting him?”

He buttons up the shirt and then looks at his watch.

“At the movie theater. Now. Bye!”

In under a minute he’s gathered all his things and is gone. I hear the door slam and Alex laughs.

“I hope he has fun.”
“I need to go yell at Max. Excuse me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Um so this chapter is awful, i think. i'm sorry=[
and thanks for the comments, they make my day =]
i would def like a few before i post the next chapter. we'll see what happens.

this is Kasey's wedding dress: clickkk

This is the brides maid dress, in 'horizon' blue : clickk