Status: Active

Jackass (She's An Extraordinary Girl)

Early Morning Coffee

Image

Ivy's POV

I woke up the next morning to an empty silent room which meant there was no sign of Tre. I found that pretty weird since I'm the one who's suppose to wake up the earliest for work, but whatever. Maybe he felt the need to wake up earlier than usual.

I was doing my final makeup touches when Tre came dragging his feet in the room.

"My feet!" he whined as he fell on his bed, face first into his pillow. He looked tired and weak.

I weakly smiled to myself when I saw his helpless position on his bed. I walked up to his bed and laid down beside him.

When he felt me get on with him, he gave me the most surprising look; of course he looked cute.

"Oh... I didn't know you were here," he nervously laughed, recalling when he screamed about his feet.

"Of course I am, it's my room too," I laughed, lying my head on his pillow and looking into his eyes.

"No, I meant I thought you'd be at work," he laughed lightly.

"I'm getting there... just taking my time."

He nodded, "I see... If you need a ride to work, I'm up," he slightly yawned.

I smiled, "Thanks. Why are you up so early?"

He groaned, "I fell asleep on the sofa last night."

"I wanted to talk to you before going to sleep," I smiled. Actually, I really wanted to tell him about how I felt. Last night I had the confidence to do so, since I had a great time at the dance with him.

He gave me a look that said he was sorry, "I'm sorry, but Billy and Missy found me before I could talk to you."

"So... you fell asleep on the sofa with Billy and Missy?" I weakly smiled, imagining what it would look like with Tre sleeping with them. (A/N that wasn't suppose to sound perverted, by the way *giggles*)

"No. I fell asleep on the sofa after they forced me to go out trick-or-treating with them," he groaned, smashing his face in the pillow, "I'm so tired! They wouldn't let me go to sleep till four in the morning!"

I laughed as I soothed his back.

"And because of you, they wouldn't stop calling me Baboon!" he whined which made me laugh even more.

"You poor thing," I tugged at his spiky green hair which caused him to look up. He laid there, just staring into my eyes as I did the same to him. It was peaceful and silent. I knew he wasn't going to kiss me; he looked way too peaceful as he looked at me.

"You should stay home today and sleep," I suggested.

He yawned, "But I want to take you to work..." he closed his eyes as if he was falling asleep.

I weakly smiled at him, "It's okay. I'm use to walking there."

It seemed by the time I said that, he was already asleep. He snored slightly when I gently rubbed his head. He was so cute when he slept. Since I knew he was sleeping, I kissed his forehead, sort of a goodnight kiss even though it was morning.

I smiled at him one last time before I got up and went walking to work. Usually a bright morning like it was today would make me feel tired, and the sun would hurt my eyes, but today was different; I was still so worked up over the dance last night, I was happy, even though there was no kiss goodnight.

When I arrived at work, I saw Mike and Candice waiting for me to open the coffee shop. I laughed to myself when I saw Mike pacing around the door, getting really anxious for his coffee. Candice was sitting in a chair that was left outside the shop, looking at Mike like he was the most amusing thing ever.

"You're late!" Mike pointed out as I grabbed the keys out of my pocket to open the shop.

"I kind of noticed, Mike," I giggled to myself.

Once I opened the door, Mike went running to his usual seat where he sits every morning. I looked over at Candice who was smiling to herself.

"How can you stand him?" I giggled.

She shrugged, laughing, "He's good at making out."

"Erg... Did not need to know that!"

"You know what I want!" Mike said as I went to make him his usual.

"Yea, thanks," I rolled my eyes at him. As I was making them what they wanted, I couldn't help over hearing what they were talking about: most of it being about the dance last night and the other half of it was how Frankie was sick from eating the cake, so he couldn't go to school.

"Here's your drinks," I smiled as I handed them both their coffees.

"Thank you," they said together. I've never seen Candice come here before, only Mike. I guess since they've officially become a couple, they're allowed to be seen around together.

It was quiet. Mike and Candice were talking to each other more then they were to me. So all I really did was lean on the counter and flip through an old magazine; something Lizzie would read by the looks of all the stuff that was featured inside.

"I feel my cell vibrating," Mike jumped up from his seat and got his phone out of his pants pocket; "Hello?" he mumbled in the receiver.

Once he was in his conversation, I went right back into reading my beauty magazine- I know, sad ain't it? Flipping to the next page, I saw a shadow come over the page. I looked up, seeing Candice smile at me.

"Hi?" I giggled.

"What happened with Tre and you last night? You both kind of left early. Where did you go?" she smiled gushing like I was going to tell her that we went into the janitors closet to make out.

"We talked and ate candy..." I mumbled, flipping to another page.

"You mean... he didn't even kiss you goodnight?" she seemed shocked.

I sighed, flipping another page, "Nope... he took my little cousins out trick-or-treating through," I flipped another page; at this point I wasn't even reading the magazine.

"For some reason he's really shy around you..."

"No? Really?" I said sarcastically as I flipped another page.

Candice put her hands over the pages of the magazine, making me stop and look at her; "He really, really, really likes you," she looked into my eyes, making me wish I could believe her.

"No. He doesn't. If he did, he would have made a move already."

"Are you that blind?!" she snapped, which surprised me.

"Uh... what?"

"He asked you to the biggest dance of the year, he pretended like he was in a bet with Mike just to kiss you, he's tried kissing you so many times but each time the mood got ruined... DO I HAVE TO GO ON?" she shouted the last part, making Mike shush her.

I was quiet for a second as all the information got transported to my head, "...It wasn't a bet?"

She shook her head quickly.

I was a little bit in disbelief. I couldn't believe that. Tre was once the guy who hated me.

"He likes you a lot. Trust me," she weakly smiled, which made me weakly smile too. I didn't know whether to believe her or not. I really wanted to, but it was just so hard.

Mike walked up to Candice as he put his phone back in his pocket, "What are we talking about?" he asked, putting his arm around Candice's shoulders.

"Oh, you know... the usual boring girl stuff," she smiled at him. I was still thinking about if she could have been right. It was all very strange to me; no one has ever really liked me before.

"You in Lala Land?" he asked, poking me on the shoulder since it seemed to amuse him.

At that moment, I let something slip out of my mouth that I should have just kept to myself, "Mike, does Tre really like me?" I bit my lip, waiting for an answer that would either break my heart or put me in another round of disbelief.

"Wow... unexpected much?" he slightly chuckled.

Candice was smiling like I was just as amusing to her then how I was to Mike a few minutes ago.

"Well... does he?" I pleaded, "I'm sick of liking him and not doing anything because I'm too scared of heartbreak."

"Okay... I'll tell you," he bent down over the counter to meet my eyes, "He likes you... a-whole-friggin'-lot."

I stared at him, taking in the answer.

"We should be going, Mike," Candice tugged at his arm.

He looked down at his watch and grabbed his backpack off one of the stools, "Yea. I'll see you sometime later, Ivy," he said, walking to the door with Candice holding onto his arm.

"Bye," I said softly.

No one showed up at the coffee shop that day. Without any business, it gave me a lot of time to think about all the info Mike and Candice gave me about Tre liking me as well. Still, I was in big denial. Ever since... my incident, I haven't been able to find any guy that I'd want to be with. Tre's different though. He'd never hurt me, and I know he wouldn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who's seen 21 Guns? Amazing, right? I know.
Then in the new interview Tre's like "TRE COOL SWALLOWS!"
I literally died from laughter.

Anyway, I want comments and banners, please =]