Status: Active

Jackass (She's An Extraordinary Girl)

You Are Not Alone

Image

"We have Friday the 13th or we can watch..." Billie twisted the movie cover around to examine the back as you sat down on the sofa opposite Adrienne's television, "or we can watch The Shinning..."

Adrienne set down a bowl of popcorn on the coffee table and answered, "I say The Shinning, only because Friday the 13th is on the tube all the time," she said as she popped a single popcorn in her mouth.

Billie looked over at you, "What about you, Ivy? You're the tie-breaker."

You looked up at Adrienne who was offering you chips but from the news and drama you had just went through, you didn't have much of an appetite for anything. You blinked slowly, trying to get with it, but it was too hard to think; "Are you guys sure you want me here? I'll just leave if you want to be alone..."

Adrienne shook her head, "No, no, this is what we do every Saturday night, so it's not like we won't be alone next weekend."

There was a few moments of silence, until Billie broke it, "If we watch The Shinning, then next weekend we watch what I bring," he smirked at Adie, causing Adie to smile at him admiringly.

"Whatever you say, bum," Adrienne said, popping a chip in her mouth.

The doorbell rang at that moment, causing Adie to set down the bag of chips and walk out to the hallway.

You starred down at the bag of chips laying on the table, too tranced and tired to pay attention to whatever it was Billie was doing just a few steps away from you.

"So, did something happen at home?" asked Billie, glimpsing up at you and at The Shinning's cover repeatedly.

You looked up at him right away with that same pouting expression written all over your face as you shook your head, "Well... kind of. Just stuff at my parents house. I don't really want to talk about it yet."

He nodded slowly, "Yea, I have a lot of crap going on at home too," he sighed.

The way he said that felt as if it was reassuring, even though you didn't know if it was suppose to sound that way, but in a sense, it made you feel not alone; "How do you deal with it?" you asked interested.

He paused for a moment, then sighed, "I try to convince myself that tomorrow is a new day, and just because my family is making me stressed, at least I know that there is someone away from my family that I can go to and feel just as loved."

You weakly smiled at him, knowing he was talking about Adie. You nodded at him, feeling just a little bit better - not a lot, but just a little bit.

"Look who delivered the pizza," smiled Adie as she walked in the room, placing a box of pizza on the coffee table beside the chips and popcorn.

You looked over at the entrance door and saw Tre walk in with a pack of Pepsi. You weakly smiled at him, even though you wanted to grin because his presence always made your heart dance, you had to remember that the relationship isn't public yet. You could tell by the way he looked at you and the way his eyes jumped when he noticed you sitting in Adrienne's house that he wanted to grin as well at you, but he caught his actions just in time.

"Usually it's only you two here on Saturdays," said Tre, glimpsing at Adie and Billie repeatedly before he looked back at you, "I'm surprised to see you here. What is this; a three-some?"

Adrienne rolled her eyes as she took a can of Pepsi and handed it to a smirking Billie Joe. "Yea, we invited Ivy because we needed a third addition to our sex-life," Billie said; Tre laughed.

Adrienne gave Billie a look before shaking her head and giggling because of his nonsense. You wanted to laugh, but it felt hard just to crack a smile, so instead, you gave a very tiny smirk.

"Did you want to stay, Tre, to watch a bit of The Shinning with us?" Billie asked, sitting down at the other end of the sofa that you were sitting on; Adie took the middle cushion on the sofa.

Tre sighed, looking at the clock, "I wish, but my boss has been on my ass about how I seem to always return late when I deliver to you guys," he paused, thinking about it, "I only got a hour of work left, so I might as well just be good."

You stared over at the black screened television, waiting for Billie to press the play button so you could get lost in your upsetting and confused thoughts and not watch the movie.

Billie turned off the lamp on the table beside him and the room went dark. Billie then pressed play, so the only light was the light coming from the television and the light from the hallway; however, the hall light was a bit blocked from Tre leaning on the entrance wall of the hallway.

Everyone starred at the television, waiting for the opening scene to come on where Jack Nicholson is accepting the invitation to take care of the hotel during the season.

While Adie and Billie kept their eyes glued to the television, you turned your head and looked at Tre, who caught your eyes almost immediately when you turned to look at him.

He smiled at you when he saw you look at him, but when you didn't smile back, his smile slowly started to fade and he mouthed, "Are you okay?"

You took a few moments to think about his question. Isn't it weird when you're upset, questions seem to take much longer than they're suppose to just to process through your mind? You shook your head, feeling as if you on the edge of running over to him and hugging him and have him tell you everything was going to be okay.

You couldn't blame him for not doing anything other than stare at you with a concerned look on his face; he wasn't going to say or do anything with Adie and Billie in the room.

You slowly turned back to the television but turned back to Tre when he said, "I better get going back to work. I'll see you all tomorrow probably, and I'll see you later, Ivy," he said, looking at you as he slowly left the room.

"Bye," Billie, Adie, and you said, your voice sounding a little bit softer.

It was almost a hour of watching The Shinning when you finally decided you couldn't take just watching a movie full of action that you couldn't even follow with your thoughts taking over your mind.

You were walking to the park that was at the back of your house that you had to pass by everyday to get to your home. It was a longer walk than usual do to your head being down to the ground and your feet taking their time.

You sat down on one of the swings that were at the park. You just sat there, kicking the dirt that was set at the bottom of your shoes and hugging your sweater close to your body, since the weather was starting to get chiller and the wind was starting to get brisker.

It wasn't long until you started pumping your legs weakly to get a swing. You looked up to the sights in front of you as you started to swing back and forth from your own strength and from the blow of the wind coming from the north.

You could already feel his presence from the back of you and see his shadow in front of you before you felt his grip resist you from swinging back and forth. Right away, he wrapped his arms from behind you and placed his chin on your shoulder.

"Still not home?" he kissed your cheek quickly, "It's almost midnight. I don't want you out alone at this time of night."

You weakly smiled, resting your cheek on his forehead, "You smell like a pizza factory."

He smiled from amusement and kissed your jawline lightly, "Just be thankful I don't work at a fish factory."

Tre unwrapped his arms from you and sat on the swing beside the swing you were sitting on. He twisted around to be facing you; "So, were you waiting for me?"

You shrugged, kicking some dirt, "I guess I was hoping you would pass by."

He couldn't keep his eyes off you as you spook, then he asked, "You wanna talk about it?"

You knew he was referring to your blue spirits. You paused as you thought about it; you shook your head, knowing if you did go in detail and allow yourself to talk about your feelings, you'd just break out in tears.

"Can I at least know what's bugging you?" he asked, rubbing your arm up and down.

You slowly looked into his eyes and sighed, "My mom told me her and my dad are divorcing," you sighed again, fearing to meet his eye, "They want me to come home soon."

"For a visit?" he asked right away, pleading eyes.

You looked at him and said very softly that it was hard to hear, "No."

He looked around the park for a moment, trying to get his thoughts together. After a few moments, he turned to you and grabbed your hand, "The feeling of being stuck in the middle of a divorce starts to go away after awhile. Just know that you are not alone," he weakly smiled, stroking your thumb with his own.

You weakly smiled at his words and touch and looked back at him; "I just really don't want to go back."

He took in a deep breath and looked at the ground; "I don't think they'll force you to do anything you don't want to do. You're old enough to make your own decisions."

You nodded, "I'm just concerned for my mom. If I go to live with her, I'd be farther away from you," you said the last part weakly, trying to keep control of your tears that wanted to burst out.

He looked back up at you, "I just got you, you think I'd let a two hour car trip break us up?"

You smiled weakly at him, "I'd rather you just be a few steps away than a few miles."

"Then don't leave; you know what you want as well as I do," he said eagerly. It was obvious talking about you leaving was hard for him, making him seem more eager to try to get you to stay more than anything.

You weakly smiled at him and said, "Don't worry, I don't intend on leaving anytime soon."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long delay,
work's been nagging me to work almost everynight.
Here you go, I hope you enjoyed.
Comments?