‹ Prequel: The Dead Town

My Sunshine

Each Star Represents A Problem

Waking up the next morning was anything but amazing. There was something wet moving around on my ear and I woke up screaming and batting at whatever it was. My hand just so happened to come in contact with something big, furry, and loud. It barked in the ear it had decided to stop licking and I pushed it off of my bed.

There was laughter from what I hoped was the doorway and looking up I saw my 'mom' leaning in the doorway. When I gave her a funny look she only shook her head and then walked away.

It made me wonder if she knew my background. Did the adoption home tell her about how I was insane and woke up screaming names no one had ever heard before in the middle of the night. That I rarely touched the nasty stuff they called food. That I had unexplainable scars; on my neck, on my arm. That my parents had died and I impossible blamed myself. That my friends were also 'kidnapped', that we had been separated.

Suddenly I hated them, I hated all of them.

Why take me out of my personal Hell and actually give me a life? I deserved all of it. I was an idiot and should have fixed problems before they ruined my life.

I shook my head and swung my legs over the edge of the bed and walked out of my room, not bothering to change out of what I'd slept in. The jeans I'd wore here yesterday and a T-shirt I'd put in my backpack.

Downstairs there were pancakes sitting at the island and I passed them-by without even thinking. I waved to the few people in the Living Room. Wait... what? Three?

Last I checked it was only Mr and Mrs Jensen. That's only two people, not three. I back tracked and looking back into the room I only saw two people. Last I checked I could count, too. Sighing and shaking my head I went back towards the door.

I wasn't trying to run away again, I'd tried it numerous times at the adoption home. I was caught every time as you can see.

"Rose?" I turned to face Mrs. Jensen.

"Yeah?"

"Where are you going? You haven't even eaten Breakfast." She looked at me, her disappointment showing in her big green eyes. I nodded and turned back towards the kitchen and went to sit on the counter before I remembered that though this kitchen seemed familiar it wasn't my own. I used to sit on the counter all the time... just because Zacky couldn't reach. "Over here." Mrs. Jensen pulled me out of my thoughts by motioning towards the stack of pancakes on the island. You know... the ones I passed before?

I tried not to make a face as I approached the stool so I could sit at the island. I sighed before picking up the small bottle of syrup and pouring a bit over the pancakes. I ate slowly and I only ate until Mrs. Jensen left the kitchen. I wasn't hungry, but I didn't want to hurt her feelings or something. Make her think that her food wasn't good or that I didn't appreciate the fact the she was taking me in for no reason what-so-ever.

I respected her for taking in a teenager with as many problems as I had. I slowly shuffled my bare feet over to the trash on the other side of the room before heading for the door again. Too bad for me I had to pass the Living Room door again.

I looked in and waved as I passed and did a double take. I could have sworn there were three in there again.

My head was just getting the better of me.

At least that's what I kept telling myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's not the best and I think I know how I want this story to play out, but I don't actually have any of this typed or written out...

You could probably say I'm making it up as I go.

*shrugs* I can't wait for school to end.

Oh! If there are any stupid mistakes yell at me or something, my computer isn't working and the family computer's keyboard doesn't like me. I swear! It's evil and demented and has a mind of it's own!!