Do Over

Moment of Bliss

Bree sat alone in the park bench, thinking. I screwed it up, I fucking screwed it up. I made a mistake, and he’s never taking me back. The sky roared and it slowly turned grey.

Meanwhile… Nick was on his room, staring at the spot where she was just moments before. She deserved it, she did… did she? I mean, she did break up with me first and a month later she comes back knocking on my door saying she was sorry and that she didn’t mean to hurt me? Just then, his cousin Cassadee came in, a tube of ice cream in one hand and a spoon on the other.

“Oh hey, Cass…” he said his voice faint and dead – you could almost hear the tint of regret in it.

Cass just looked at him. She looked at him disapprovingly; she shook her head as she said, “Nick… Nick… Nick…”

He ran his fingers through his red mob of hair, “What?”

“Minutes ago, I answered the door to a hopeful Bree McKinnon. She asked me where you were I told her you were in your room, and I let her in because I knew what she was going to do. She was going to apologize Nick; she was going to tell you she made a mistake. And then I here shouting, and a minute later she’s crying running out the door.” She explained to him carefully, but then as she went her voice rose, “What the fuck where you thinking?! Dude, she came back –“

“You don’t get it cuz,” he started, “She broke up with me. That’s what she gets for-“

She cut him off, “Fuck you, Nick. This fame’s getting in your head. You are turning into such a big jerk.” She told him. They heard the thunder, “She could be anywhere right now Nick, anywhere. And any minute she’ll be bathing in the rain – not caring if she gets pneumonia. And what are you doing?” She paused and shoved a spoonful of ice cream in her mouth, “Nothing.” And she walked out of the room.

Before he knew it, he pulled on his pants and a shirt, grabbed his jacket and was searching the town, holding up an umbrella. The rain got harder as he passed all the blocks. He first checked her apartment, she wasn’t there. Next the place she worked at, they said she hasn’t shown up for days. He lurked the town, asking anyone that passed him. He got to the park, he searched it… he found her there, on a bench, drenched, her back to him.

“Bree!” he yelled and ran to her. She didn’t look back. When he got to her, she wasn’t awake, she was asleep and shivering. He left the umbrella, picked her up and ran as fast as he could to his house. He opened the door as he rested her body on his bed, Cass walked in again.

“Oh my God! What the fuck happened?” she asked.

He coughed, “Went looking for her because your little speech caught up on me.” He explained, “Found her on a park bench, she was unconscious. Cass, get a pair of your boxers and a shirt, she needs ‘em.”

Cass nodded, “Yeah I can lend her some of my shorts but I don’t have any shirts right now, well except for what I’m wearing. They’re all in the dry cleaners, Justine soaked them all because he left his water gun in my closet and it leaked.”

“Fine, I’ll provide the shirt then,” said Nick.

She nodded and went out, in search for some shorts. Nick went back to staring at Bree, taking in every detail of her. Her damp hair, her pout, her rain soft scent…

Cass tossed the shorts in the bed, “Here you go. Do you want me to change her? Or do you want to do that?” she joked.

He chuckled, “Just tell me when you’re finish changing her, I’ll be in the bathroom.” He said.

&&

Bree woke up, her skin numb and cold – not damp or anything but it was cold. She looked around, she knew where she was but she didn’t know how she got there. She also noticed she was wearing different clothes. The rain was getting heavier outside. Sitting there on the bean bag was Nick watching TV.

She coughed which drew Nick’s attention to her. They just stared at each other for a while.

“I found you at the park. You were unconscious so I took you back here,” explained Nick, “Why do you have to do something stupid Bree?” he asked.

She remained silent. The thought that he would never take me back sunk in Bree’s system, “It’s ok Nick. You don’t have to watch out for me anymore. I won’t bother you anymore, I get it.”

Nick turned to face her, “No Bree. You don’t get it!” he said, his voice slightly rising by word.
He took a deep breath and exhaled, “When I saw you walk in that venue, boy I couldn’t take my eyes off you. And when you finally said ‘yes’ to me, I felt like the luckiest guy on the whole entire fucking universe – you can’t even imagine how happy I was.” He started pacing back and forth, “And after that, our relationship was perfect, we enjoyed each other. How we annoyed each other and play pranks on other people and… sure we fought, but it was always nothing serious, just about something silly like – why do you get to use to bigger water gun or stuff like that. And I never really understood why you broke up with me and that drove me fucking crazy!” he then faced Bree, “Why Bree? Why?”

“Well, Nick, I broke up with you because I was scared of loving you and losing you and having to go through all that,” she admitted, “so instead of losing you, instead of you leaving me, I broke up with you first before you eventually did because I didn’t want to get through the whole moving on process, because I’m not strong enough for that. But eventually I still did go through that, it hurt – it hurt real bad.” She explained, “Look I know I can’t undo the past month. I take full blame for screwing this up for us. But I would love, love, LOVE if we could try this again. If we could have a do-over, if we could push a restart button and by that… I don’t mean picking up from where we last stopped.” She was now pleading.

Nick looked at her, “Bree, you really tore me apart. I felt like I was toyed with, like- Oh fuck! I don’t know B!”

Bree started crying, small tears running from her eyes, “I love you, Nick,” she said, “I love how you mumble and sometimes laugh while you sleep. It’s weird but I love it when you do that, it’s the thing that comforts me when I’m scared during those nights. And I felt like I was special because I was the one you picked, among the six billion people in this world which includes all those glamorous girls out there - you picked me.” Bree was balling now; her tears ran down her face heavier like the rain outside, “And it’s ok if you won’t take me back anymore, it’s alright if you choose not to push the restart button. But I just want you to know that I never did stop loving you, NEVER.”

Nick bent down in front of her, now they were eye to eye, “I laugh when I sleep?” he asked as he put both hands on the side of her face.

She nodded, “It’s kind of freaky but I love it when you do.”

He kissed her forehead and then looked at her again, “There are six billion people in the world? Are you sure?”

She shook her head, “Not really, just said that to make a point,” she said.

“You got scared?” he kissed her on the tip of her nose.

“I did.” Bree closed her eyes every time Nick kissed her.

“You are special… and I love you too.” And with that Nick kissed her in the lips.

And at that moment, time stopped for both of them. It was a moment of Bliss
♠ ♠ ♠
i had nothing to do, and my friend wouldn't shut up about
Nick Santino... So I decided to make a one shot about him.
LOL! XD