The Direwood Fairies

Post 1

“Did you see that? She totally fell for it.” I giggled to Misty who was the Fairy of Fog and Smoke, as we had just pulled a prank on Rhapsody the Fairy of Innocence.

“Be careful Flames! You are the most rebellious fairy here. You might just take a Fall From Grace one day.” She warned me.

“Come on that’s just a myth to keep us younger Fairies in line.” I told her rolling my eyes.

“Flamenco! Come here!” Marian, the Great Fairy of Changes yelled for me. I turned to Misty.

“Can’t she ever call me by the name I gave myself? I mean I do not want to be named after a dance!” I complained.

My nickname for Flamenco was Flames but the Great Fairies refused to call me by that name. I am the Fairy of Dark Skies but was born the Fairy of Music. I was given the dark skies title because I am a rebel of the fairies and dark skies is a lesser title. Fairy of Music is still my title though because it is my destiny to become a great fairy one day.

“Don’t worry Flames you’re supposed to be one of the greatest fairies of all time. You can tell them what to do when you go through your change. Don’t keep Marian waiting though or she might be wicked to you and make your changed form have warts.” Misty told me and I laughed a little before flitting (a fast run that uses our fairy wings to propel us forward) toward Marian’s change space.

“I’m here Marian!” I said while walking in her clearing.

“Well Flamenco, it seems Queen Fleur thinks that you have been too rebellious around here. We’ve been trying hard to keep you in line but you never listen. As a punishment you will fall.” Marian told me. I saw Kathy laughing behind her. Kathy always hated me.

“NO! Marian, please!” I begged.

“I’m sorry Flamenco; it’s out of my hands.” She told me and began preparing everything for tonight. It would be the first Fall From Grace ceremony in 40 years.

I have to tell Misty

I got up and flitted as fast I could around Direwood till I found Misty by our favorite tree.

“Misty!” I cried and ran to her. Misty had never seen me cry before.

“I heard through Prelude, you’re gonna fall tonight.” She told me and I nodded we sat together, tears streaming down my face.

“No one but Queen Fleur has made it back before.” I said and Misty nodded. I saw Hope walking towards us.

“Flames, is it true?” She asked me.

“Yeah. This is probably the last time we’ll ever see each other.” I told Hope.

“Don’t be so sure.” Prelude walked up from behind us.

“Queen Fleur made it back and you are ten times stronger than she was when she fell. Compared to you the Queen has as much power as her daughter Kathy.” I nodded, it was a well known fact that the reason Kathy had no fairy title and wouldn’t get the throne when the Queen died was because she had as much fairy power in her as the common ant.

“Yeah Flames, you’ll make it back for sure. Come on you are going to be the next Great Fairy because you’re so powerful. They won’t let you not make it back.” Hope added.

“Thanks guys. I better go prepare for my fall though.” I walked slowly back to Marian’s clearing looking defeated.

“There you are Flamenco. I know you want to be called Flames so I decided to make your human name Keahi which means flames in Hawaiian. Now we decided to leave you in Chicago Illinois you will get there in whatever you wearing at the time. I’m assuming it will be your favorite red dress that you are wearing now. That’s all you will have and you will have to survive in the human world till we see fit to bring you back.” I nodded processing all the information she was telling me.

“Will I be able to see fairies as a human?”

“Yes, for the same reason small human children can, you believe fairies exist.”

“Will I still look like a fairy?”

“No. You will be as tall as a human, though probably on the short side because it takes a lot of magic to make fairies become tall. Though your ears will be round like humans ears they might still have a small point to them.”

“Okay.” I said trying to imagine being as tall as some of the humans I had seen while darkening the skies.

“Now go, It is time for you to fall.” Marian grabbed my wrist and led me to the Fall From Grace ceremonial ring where all the fairies were waiting for me. Marian told me to squat in the middle of the circle.

Marian began giving instructions to the fairies and then they all looked at me. A second later I felt sharp pain as my wings disintegrated. My bones were expanding and I cried out in pain. I could hear Misty scream at everyone to stop before I was blinded by a brilliant blue light.

Image

The pain continued as I was stretched taller and taller I briefly realized I was no longer in Direwood but on the edge of a highway near a slightly wooded area. The pain subsided in my bones buy my back was still burning. I sat the in pain before everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
All Character discriptions have been moved to a journal entry the link is Here