The Direwood Fairies

Post 5

Who thinks that someone not being human is not something important?

I was outside in the Way’s backyard, thinking about what had happened yesterday when the guys found out I wasn’t human but didn’t really care. I picked at the grass a little before I felt someone standing behind me.

Please don’t be Don.

“Hey.” It was Frank.

“Hi.” I said softly.

“So you’re not human huh?” He asked me.

“No.”

“I know I said before it didn’t matter but last night when I was home I couldn’t sleep because I was trying to think what you might be. My fiancé, Jamia, kept asking me what was wrong. So can you tell me?”

“You wouldn’t believe me if I did.” I told him.

“Try me.”

“Do you believe in magical creatures?”

“Like elves or pixies?”

“Exactly like pixies.”

“Sure why not.” Frank said after thinking about it for a minute.

“Well, pixies are the same as fairies, and I am really fairy who is being punished and now has to be human till I figure out what I need to do to be able to be a fairy again.” I said in a rush. Frankie looked at me, trying to figure out if I was serious.

“Well…” He started but I cut him off.

“I understand if you don’t believe me.”

“No, I do, I’m just surprised because I was expecting more like alien or something.” I giggled.

“Wait, do you truly believe me?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Then you should be able to see real fairies.” I explained.

“Okay, find me a fairy.” I looked around before I saw Misty fluttering nearby, listening to everything I told Frankie. I walked over to Misty and grabbed her, hiding her from Frankie’s sight until I walked back over to him.

“Here this is Misty, my best friends from back where we fairies live.” I said while revealing Misty to Frank. I watched his eyes fill with astonishment as he looked from Misty to me and back.

“Wow!” I let go of Misty and she fluttered around, testing to see if Frank really could see her or was faking it. When Frankie’s eyes followed her exactly we knew he really could see her.

“Hi Frank, I’m Misty, fairy of fog and smoke.” She told him and his eyes widened even more.

“So what were you the fairy of?” He asked me as I let Misty fly away.

“Music and I also was the fairy of dark skies.”

“Wow this is so cool.” I smiled at him before starting to walk into the house.

“I’m glad you believed me.”

“Wait, those cuts on your back. Are those where you wings used to be?” He asked me.

“Yeah, part of pretending to be a human is not having wings so the changing spell, referred to the fall from grace by all fairies, makes your wings disintegrate.”

“Ouch.” Frank said while wincing. I nodded before walking into the house with him.

“It feels good to be able to talk to someone about it, I’m glad you know.” I said but then realized that Mikey, Ray, Bob, and Gerard were in the room we had just walked into.

“Crap.” Frank muttered and I smiled uncertainly.

“Hey guys.” I said.

“Frank, you know what she is?” Bob inquired looking surprised.

“I was curious so I asked.” Frank said, defending himself.

“I’m glad he did; now I can talk to someone about how I’m slightly terrified of being among humans and how I miss home. It’s nice that Frank knows.” I told them all and then smiled at Frank.

“See, she is glad that I asked.” Frank said. I looked over at Gerard to see him glaring slightly at Frank.

What is going on here?