Your Words Are Nothing but Overdramatic Echos

Chapter One

I didn't know what to think of him.
Not even at the wedding.
Not even at the reception.
Not even when he moved in.
I kept to myself while he was here.
I kept to myself when he wasn't here.
I chose to be isolated from the outside world,
in fear of what he would say.

"Hey Millie," my friend James said, following me down the hallway.

"Hey James," I said, pulling my books to my chest, my backpack over one shoulder.

"Are you okay?"

"Eh, I'm like always, James," I said, turning into my French class.

The last class of today, then I would go to the airport. I didn't feel right leaving James, he was such a good friend to me.

That's why I'm glad I'm going to Texas. James was moving two weeks from now. His mom told me not to say anything so I
can surprise him by meeting him at the airport.

After the last bell, I ran to my bus and enjoied the last ride home. I cleaned my locker out earlier, and just had to grab all my bags and get to the airport.
I shoved my stuff in the cab my mother called, my stepfather following me inside, to outside, and back out again.

"I'm leaving," I told them, after getting everything in the cab, then leaving, not even saying goodbye.

I got on the plane, then made it to Texas.

"Hey Kiddo!" My dad said pulling me into a hug. I went to his home, very large.

I got the biggest room. I have a room, walk in closet, bathroom, and a lounge room to myself.

"You can do anything to this room that you want to, think of it as your way of escaping," MY new "mom" said.

I walked to my room and fell asleep. School tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it?

If you don't, too bad, I'm continuing it because it took me SOOOO long to make that banner. :)