Your Words Are Nothing but Overdramatic Echos

Chapter Three

I was walking to my locker before I left for the walk home, I sighed as I reached up for my book.

"Hey Millie," Mason said, walking to his locker.

"Hey Mason," I said, glancing over and smiling.

"Wanna come over and hang out for a little while?" He asked, checking his locker for anything forgotten.

"Sure," I said smiling. He smiled and wrapped his arm around my shoulder after I closed and locked my locker, then we walked to his truck. He drove us to his house.

"You can leave your bag in the car, I'll drive you home later," He said, smiling across the seat. I nodded and hopped out...literally. I walked with him to the front door.

He opened the door, a younger boy running up to him, about 9 or 10. Maybe 11.

"Mason!" He screamed, running up and jumping into his open arms.

"Hey Marc. Marc, this is Millie," He said pointing to me.

"Hi Millie!"

"Hi Marc," I responded smiling.

A older boy, not as old as Mason, walked in.

"Hey Mase, you brought a girl home?" He asked, smiling and pointing at me.

"Yeah, this is Millie. Millie, this is Mitchel."

"Nice to meet you, Millie."

"Nice to meet you." I said smiling.

"Where's Mom and Dad?"

"They went to see Grandma, they wont be back until next week. You're in charge after Marc's babysitter leaves," Mitchel said.

"I don't need a babysitter!" Marc said, jumping on the couch.

"Apparently so, stop jumping on that, you'll fall and break your neck," Mason said, picking his younger brother off the couch and putting him on his feet on the ground.

"Well we're going up to my room," Mason said, grabbing my hand and leading up the stairs to his room.

"Mason, you know Mom and Dad's rules..." Mitchel started smiling. Mason threw a Hot Wheels car at his head, and we continued up the stairs.

"Are you guys always fighting like this?" I asked laughing.

"Eh, not really fighting. We have a couple disputes. We are brothers, so it's normal, I guess."

"I wouldn't know, I've been an only child and never really hung out with anybody before."

"Really?"

"Yeah, my step father..."

"You don't have to tell me any of that if you don't want to," Mason said, looking towards me as he opened the door to a lounge like area. He walked in, me following. I followed suit as he sat on a couch.

"But what if I want to?" I asked.

"Well then you can tell me."

"My stepfather pretty much is a bitch. I couldn't do anything with anybody. He-he...did somethings that I could have lived without him doing, bu-"

"He abused you?" Mason said with a crackly, but soft, voice. His eyes were glassy, but still looked amazing.

"Ye-yeah," I said, looking at my feet. Shit. My stuttering was back. He brought my chin up using his hand.

"That bastard," He said, then kissing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think that was cute!
Comments?