Falling in Love Is Not That Easy

Maddy. You're Home.

Waking up in the tunnel was painful. As in, I hit my head. It hurt too. I got out of the tunnel and walked to Mom’s car. I sat there for a while, letting the memories flow back into my mind. My phone beeping brought me out of the terrible thoughts. I looked at my phone.
“46 new messages, 53 missed calls, and 25 new voicemails. Holy.” My eyes widened.
I sighed, “I guess I should get home, but I’m not.”
I wanted to look through my phone a bit. The text messages were from, Harry, Danny, and Tom. The calls were from, Mom, Lisa, and Dougie. I listened to the voicemails and almost cried. There was one voicemail from Dougie.
“Maddy, please call me back. Or someone. Please.” He paused, “I need you, Maddy. And, I screwed up big time. And I knew what I did was wrong. I’m sorry, Madeline. I love you. Come home, please.” Then it ended.
I turned the car on sighing. Driving back home was harder than I thought. I almost turned around five times. I finally pulled into the driveway. I walked into in the house, and noticed that it was quiet. Everyone most still be asleep. I walked through the kitchen to see that the cake was still there along with the present for Dougie. I shook my head and went into the living room to see Mom asleep on the couch. I shook her awake.
“Mom?” I asked.
Her eyes opened, “Maddy. You’re home.”
I chuckled, “Yea. I’m gonna go see Harry.”
She nodded rolling over and going back to sleep. I walked up stairs and opened Harry’s door to find him asleep. I walked over him and kissed his cheek.
“I’m sorry.” I whispered.
I walked out and to my room. I opened the door slowly and saw Dougie sitting on the bed with his head in his hands. I quietly walked over to him and sat down next to him. I put my hand on his shoulder, making him jump.
“Maddy.” He whispered taking me in a hug.
I hugged him back, “I’m sorry I overreacted.”
“You had every right too.” He said looking in to my eyes.
“You haven’t slept, have you?” I asked him.
He shook his head no.
“Go to sleep, Dougie.” I told him.
“What if you’re gone when I wake up?” He asked.
I smiled, “I won’t.”
Soon he was asleep holding on to me.
I rested my head on his chest, thinking that maybe that this would make our relationship stronger. I smiled as Dougie tighten his grip on me. I don’t like fighting with him. It makes me sad.
Two weeks had gone by and everything was back to normal. Dougie told me that he wanted to see me at the beach near my house. Harry decided to take me.
“So, want does Dougie to see you about?” Harry asked, smiling.
“Uh, I don’t know. I’m afraid to be honest.” I laughed as Perfect by Simple Plan blasted through the speakers.
“This song reminds me of Dad.” Harry said with a disgusted look on his face.
“Me too.” I mumbled.
Soon, we were at the beach and singing, more like screaming, the words loud getting into it. It went off and we laughed.
“Bye Harry.” I said getting out of the car still laughing.
“Bye.” He got out before he left.
I walked over to the sand where I saw a tall man with blonde hair.
“Dougie.” I said walking over to him.
He turned smiling. I was a nervous smile.
“You’re nervous.” I said raising an eyebrow.
He laughed as he rubbed his neck, “Yea.”
Dougie grabbed my hand and we walked on the beach talking.
“So, when do we leave for England?” I asked him.
“I think in two days.” He answered.
“Oh, okay, I guess when we get home, we should pack.” I told looking at the sand.
“Right.” He said sitting in the sand.
I sat next to him, taking my sandals off. Dougie looked at me and smiled.
“Here.” He said giving me a box.
I opened to find a ring and a necklace. They were beautiful.
“Is it-” I choked on my words.
“It’s a promise ring.”
“For what?” I asked putting the ring on.
“I promise that I’ll never screw up again.”
I hugged him, then kissed his lips.
“I love you, Madeline.” He told me.
“I love you too, Douglas.” I said laughing.