Status: Completed!

Feather

Sephir

Lournua grimaced. “I’ve called this quick meeting Tay just to inform you that we’ll only be receiving reinforcements in about four day’s time at least. The Queen has had a meeting of her advisors at court and they’ve decided to call on the Council of Mages. With the soldiers coming so will a few elite war Mages accompany them. Further than that I do not know, I’m sorry…The message ended there.”

Tay breathed in deeply and shook his head. “I understand. Thank you.” He stood up and as he walked past the advisor she caught his eyes.

“From my spies I’ve learnt who we’re dealing with. The Queen did not wish for the information to reach my ears and with this new knowledge I can understand why.”

Tay stopped, his heart thudding in his chest.

“Sephir…You’ve known all along haven't you?” Lournua stepped closer to Tay her face a mask of court civility, but he detected a note of disdain in her voice.

“Yes,” he clenched his hands into tight fists, relieved that only they were in glade. “What does it matter? He’s caused all this suffering! Just because he’s the last of his kind does not justify his mocking cruelty. My father and his father before him…We’ve all been protecting him for so long, and for what?! We had thought that he was under protection by the Queen herself, how could we challenge that?”

“We had hoped he would change,” Lournua’s voice was a tight whisper. “The late queen gave him free rein and he seemed content to practice his harmless little spells up in his tower. When he requested a tutor, she let him have one forgetting the Avian ability to harness power of a terrifying enormity. He vanished after a massive earthquake hit the central palace.”

“And until I let slip that we had a sorcerer on our hands, you hadn’t known where to find him…” Tay looked up at the stars letting out a deep sigh that echoed with years of secrecy and strain.

“We never knew if he had caused the earthquake or not but whoever the culprit had been Sephir's tutor informed the then Queen that he was too dangerous and unstable to be let loose upon the world. We’ve given up the search, until now yes…I myself came here with the intention of finding out if the rumours of an expanding forest could be founded on fact.”

Tay squared his shoulders and walked away but as he did so Lournua let slip her mask and grabbed his arm.

“We must stop him at all costs, no one can save him now; he’s gone too far. From here on out he's no longer under anyone's protection, not even the Queen's, I'm sure however hesitant she is.”

Tay clenched his jaw and then suddenly relaxing he nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was just explanatory really and I'll update with the good stuff soon enough...This weekend hopefully. Exams x_x

I know...The name Sephir sucks...I wanted to give the sorceror this really cool mysterious name but for some strange reason the name Sephiroth kept popping into me mind and I can't exactly use that...property of Final Fantasy. So I shortened it! YAY! Stealing! (does a little jig) Any suggestions? I will give credit if I use the name you made up. Must be made up.

ROAR!