Status: Completed!

Feather

Deceived

Leylia seemed extremely embarrassed by her mental collapse and when she led Kian to a silent grove she kept her face frozen and hardly looked at him.

Kian shook his head. Nymphs would forever belong to their own little world among nature, but in staying out here so long with a homicidal maniac snapping at their heels and leering from the shadows, it would play upon anyone’s nerves. No wonder some become inhumane and slaughtered and stabbed each other in the back.

Kian almost came to a standstill. He had never been keen on philosophy and here he was spewing it like an old medicine man. His simple plan of getting in here, somehow throttling Sephir to death and thus getting revenge was clouded by recent insight. Neither had he ever wanted any part in this whole, save the world as we know it from a power hungry monster, yet here he was, promising to save everyone, etcetera. He could feel a headache coming on as the stress ebbed into his system.

When he saw a moon elf again he’d ask it to take a peek into the conflicting chaos that was his mind. He couldn’t think clearly now, because of the headache. Everything in his vision had a blurry edge to it and the he felt cold. Kian took a few more hesitant steps and collapsed as his knees buckled beneath him.

“Kian?” He felt more than saw her coming nearer and the headache became a pounding crescendo.

“Stay back!” he yelled shocking them both. He fell backwards clutching his head.

Sephir!
Sephir!
Run! Hide!


When he saw a moon elf again he’d ask it to take a peek into the conflicting chaos that was his mind. He couldn’t think clearly now; the headache was even worse. Everything in his vision had a blurry edge to it and he felt cold. Kian took a few more hesitant steps and collapsed as his knees buckled beneath him.

It’s an illusion Kian.

Yin? What…How are you… He struggled to form his thoughts in the chaos.

Just listen and everything will be over. We’re trying to send as many thoughts to you at once…

I can sense that, he growled pushing the clamouring thoughts of others to one side. He actually had a moment of clarity and it came out sarcastic.

It was the only way to break through to you. Are you sitting still?

As still as I can be. He tried not to roll on the grass whimpering in pain.

Sorry for the pain. Hopefully it will help bring you back to reality. Kian, this is going to hurt but you have to do it, or else you’ll end up being led to your death. Sephir is playing for time and…

Details later please! He roared.

Take out your knife and cut yourself, not too deep just enough to really hurt.

Easier said than done. The pain in his head was unbearable and without hesitation Kian removed his dagger its leg holster and he looked up the blade ready he managed to witness a look of complete shock and hatred flit across the impassive face of his prison keeper.

He gave a cheerful wave of smug farewell to the Leylia imposter and drove the dagger point into his thigh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short... I apologise. I was not satisfied with the two previous chapters and actually wanted to rewrite them when this sprung to mind.

One more thing. Do you prefer the old layout or the new one? I might even make a newer one seeing as I'm still not content with this one. Haven't found one to suit the style of the story yet. Any picture suggestions?