Status: Completed!

Feather

Feathers

The arrow spun to the ground, its shaft snapped, the tip dented. Kian’s arms slowly fell back to his sides, his knuckles white as he clenched the bow in one hand.

Two colossal wings shielded Sephir and hid him entirely from view. The feathers stirred in the breeze and a bloodied area of open flesh slowly repaired itself as three arms slick with blood seemed to seep back into the wings.

“This is probably why they killed our species off in the first place. We were undefeatable and invaluable during warfare, not only for our skill in manipulating our environment but−”
Kian froze, as a blade of searing white light tore through his midriff. “But also for manipulating our enemy’s senses…” Sephir whispered into his ear as the blade withdrew. Kian fell to the ground in a messy heap. His eyes were wide open in shock. He didn’t even feel the pain.

“You all think I hide behind this puppet of a forest, when I’m perfectly able to defend myself against hordes of more idiots just like you, skilled in ways you would never know.” Sephir bent down and grabbed Kian by his hair pulling him up slightly. “But everyone will soon find out why this place…and Leylia, are so essential to further my goals.”
“Just a little tip boy, if you do live,” Sephir said pulling Kian’s head so far back he winced, “Stop playing with toys like these. Your kind are far superior to those bloody Light elves cowering in their big cities. Unlock the seal and you’ll unleash the true you. Monsters, just like me, some would say.”

Sephir laughed and ground his boot heel into Kian’s back. “I doubt you’ll live however. Enjoy your last few seconds of your worthless life. I hope this teaches you,” Kian heard a resounding smack on flesh and a cry of pain, “Not to cross me again Leylia, but I’m sure being trapped in your form for the next twelve hours as you watch yet another one die is punishment enough. I’m finished going easy on you. These last thirty odd years will pale in comparison with the following days.”

As his vision began to fade, Kian watched dawn seep into the night sky and he heard the unmistakable sound of beating wings.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another one bites the dust! Na na na na...(author hums crazily to self while rocking to and fro)

I aplogise for the wait and the length of this chapter. It's called suspense my dear readers and I hope I've achieved it to some degree.

I've been busy and am going to me even more with A Song for Death ( and my life ) so you guys have to wait extra long for the next chapter. Besides, I have no cookin' clue what to write next. Hope inspiration strikes me in the following two months...