Sequel: Mutatio

Metus

Lor's POV

I'd never really understood why awkward silences seemed to equal gay babies, but it really was fun to say. ^.^ I know it makes me sound like a homohpobe, but I can't help it. Nothing breaks an awkward silence like someone shouting "Gay baby!"

This is one such instance, but I had enough sense not to go shouting out things that would make people mad at me, even if I didn't give a shit what they thought. I was at an interview for my booky-book entitiled 'Metus,' the latin word for fear. I'd gotten the inspiration from a dream I had that literally made me fear for my life. That, and it fit my mood today, because this was my first interview EVER and I was trying to be calm. It wasn't working well.

The interview woman had just asked me a series of uncomfortably personal questions, most of which had confidential answers that were not disclosed. This displeased her, and I had the feeling she wanted revenge.

"So, Lor, you're turning fifteen in two weeks on October Second, correct?"

I nodded. "Yep."

She smiled maniacally at me. "So when's the fabulous birthday bash? What celeberities are going to be there?"

I was taken aback by this. She realized that I was a fourteen year old girl who wasn't famous until now, right? "You act as if I have some connections or something?"

"Well don't you?"

"Not really. I'm fourteen after all."

The interviewer wasn't happy about my smart-assy answer. "Then, how about this: Who would you rather meet for the big 1-5? The Jonas Brothers or Zac Effron?"

I couldn't help but laugh at this. "You're serious? Ha!"

The interviewer smiled at me again. "So you're not a fan of them, then?"

"You're kidding right? I just wrote a five hundred page book about suicide and the slow decay of sanity, and you think I like the Jonas Brothers!"

"Well, who would you like to come to your party?"

"First of all, I don't want a super-huge party, and second, even if I did, it would only be people I know. If I knew any celerities, they'd be there. But I don't. So they won't."

The interviewer nodded and changed the subject. "What are your plans for the future?"

Now this I could answer. I was stoked. "Well, all I know of so far is that I'm going to a Tokio Hotel concert when they come to the states. I think I'm seeing their showing in L.A."

The interview continued with pointless questions for a bout an hour when it finally ended. Oh thank you merciful god. I thought. That woman pissed me off. If she kept treating me like a child I was going to have to slap her. Ugh. People are way too predictable.

My agent/ninja sat in the back seat with me, yamering on about other interviews I had to go to tomorrow, because I didn't have any time today with himeschool. Yes, even when you're famous, you have to go to school. I actually liked it, it made me feel like a human being still.

We arrived at the hotel in NY just a few minutes later and I practically sprinted to my room, much t the dismay of whoever was carrying my luggage. I'd be in New York for only one more day before flying back to my home in hichkville for the rest of the week, and then to LA for another. Thankfully, I usually didn't have to go all over the country because I was so young. It made me happy. ^.^

Take a bite of this poisonous apple my pretty
You fall to the ground,
What a shame, such a pity

When the clock stikes twelve, you'd better run fast
Only to Fall and lose your slipper
Made of glass

Locke up in a tower with nowhere to hide
Long hair cut away,
Nights filled with your cries

Fallen asleep for a whole lifetime to pass
Will dear Charming come to your side?
Will he give you a kiss?
Not this time sweetheart, he does not eist.

This fairytale is starting to fade, none of this is real.
Stop dreaming princess. I'm far to surreal
So lay down, and remind yourself why you can't win this fight.
So good night, farewell. . .

Sleep tight.


This was odd, I'd never dreampt in poem form before. Oh well, it was a nice change.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, not much of an ending, but it's all I could think of for the moment. ^.^' Please don't kill me!