Sequel: Mutatio

Metus

Georg's POV

Bill and Lor had been inseparable ever since the interview, laughing and giggling nonstop (we figured they’d decided to forget about whatever they were mad about and leave it alone until it reared its ugly head again). And since Lor’s friends had nothing to do and Lor was always with us, the camera crew would never see less than six people when they found us. If anyone was absent, 80% of the time it was Lor’s younger sister, Lexi. She’d been a little off ever since she’d stormed out of the studio at the last interview we’d had together. Angie’s found her crying in the bathroom more than once, but no one could get an answer as to why. After that day she’d been acting sickeningly sweet. You definitely knew she was acting, but she was no amateur, making it nearly impossible to tell what she was hiding.

On this particular day, Bill and Lor were strangely calm, sitting on the couch in the break room behind the stadium where we’d be performing tonight. Ashley and Angie had left for Palm Springs earlier that morning (Ashley was shooting and movie there) and Lexi’d stayed at the hotel room with Melanie, claiming she wasn’t feeling great. The only reason Lor was here and not at the hotel was that Bill insisted she was his good luck charm. We hadn’t told Lor yet.

“Sound check guys!” the stage manager called.

Bill was hesitant, but left with us, leaving Lor to sit on the couch. It wasn’t the greatest sound check ever, we had to get a new microphone and one of the speakers wasn’t working great, but we found out it was just a faulty wire and it was fixed. Because of this, the sound check lasted waaay longer than it should have (about an hour). When we finally got back, we found Lor lying on the couch, furiously writing in her notebook. The previously empty table was now laden with coffee cups.

“Yes and I have the coffee problem.”

She stuck her tongue out at me. “And they weren’t all mine, by the way. I only had two.”

“In an hour?”

She shrugged. Bill’d been inching closer to her ever since we got in, trying to get a peek at what she was writing. Lor closed her notebook and sat up once he was close enough to read over her shoulder.

“Awww, please can I read it?” he asked, pouting slightly.

She shook her head. “There is a reason people thought I was twenty three, you know. I write horror.”

“I like horror!” Bill retorted and grabbed for the notebook.

“No!”

“Show in 20!” called the stage manager. Bill glared playfully at Lor before running off to get changed. Lor laughed triumphantly.

“Oh, come on Lor, why won’t you let anyone read your stuff?” Tom asked, chuckling.

“My mind tends to disturb people when I don’t intend for it to be disturbing. When I try, people tend to run. So no, none of you are allowed to read it.”

Tom shrugged, but I knew them, and they would definitely get their hands on her notebook in a day or two. She looked at me, and the expression she was wearing told me she knew it too.

We didn’t see Lor when we got back; the stage manager told us she had to leave, but to tell us it sounded awesome from backstage. ^.^ Bill looked a little disappointed, but the show had gone so well he couldn’t stop beaming.

"I think I believe you Bill." Tom said. "Lor is definately our lucky charm."

"I told you! I wish we could have gotten Lexi to come, she needs to get out sometime."

Tom said nothing, his excitement calming a little. Lexi wasn't the only one who'd been a little off.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know. It's so short. But I couldn't think of anything!