Sequel: Mutatio

Metus

Lor's POV

This morning after watching ‘Dr. Horrible’s Sing-a-long Blog,’ I found I liked being back home in Hickville. I’d gotten over the fact that my agent royally screwed me, and now I had to finish a book I had almost no interest in (and it was going just as tediously slow as I’d expected, so there was no letdown at least), and as of today, I was officially a student of Hickville Jr-Sr High School. I was extremely curious as to how my former classmates would react to coming back. Luckily, the semester only started at the end of August and it was only November, so I wasn’t coming in as late as I’d thought. ^.^ It was cold as hell however, and it would start snowing soon which I was not looking forward to.

I arrived at about 8:05 and proceeded to my first class of the day: English Honors. Most freshmen were too lazy to take the class, so there were only a few of us with the sophomores. This class was supposed to be geared towards writing instead of the language arts crap that had been taught to us over and over since we were seven. Considering the small group of friends I employed while I was here were currently in Palm Springs shooting a movie, so I walked through the halls alone. I may be used to staring, but it doesn’t make it any better to be stared at like some alien creature. I’d known these people since I was in 4th grade, what could be so god damn interesting? Did they think I was joking all these years when I told them I was going to be an author?

The day dragged on, making me slightly irritable, but at least it ended before I shot anyone. I walked home (it was only a few blocks away) and settled onto the couch with my laptop.

“How was school Lor?”

My 18 going on 19 year old brother was staying home to work for a semester before going to college.

“Fine.” I called. “How was work?”

“Fine. And someone called for you.”

“Who?”

“Some Bill character. I told him to try you on your cell phone.”

That would explain why my phone went off in the middle of lunch. It still amazed me, though, that after all my fangirling, Michael still didn’t know who Bill Kaulitz was. He peeked out of the other room, smiled suspiciously, and shot me with a nerf dart before leaving for the store. I rolled my eyes at him and pulled out my cell. There was no voicemail.

“Way to be subtle Billa.” I muttered as I checked the recent missed calls list. The last three were from Bill. One would think he would leave a message.

I opened the laptop and logged in to my e-mail. There were three new messages. One from facebook, (just some dumbass update. I really hated those) one from Mibba, and the other from Bill dated three days ago. I opened the one from Bill.

Hey Lor! We’re taking a break from touring for a while and before we go back to Magdeburg, we figured we’d come see you and Lex. ^.^ We should be down in a couple of days, don’t forget!

My eyes widened. Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Seriously? No, this couldn’t be happening. First of all, where were they supposed to stay? Not my house, that’s for damn sure, and the Hickville local bed and breakfast was always filled with locals for some reason. And what were they supposed to do when I’m at school? It’d seem a little suspicious if a bunch of guys who’d already graduated from school suddenly showed up with me. That, and I usually tone down my personal dress code for Hickville, lest the town go into culture shock.

To my surprise, the doorbell rang. I glared at it before walking over to the door and yanking it open. To my even greater surprise, it wasn’t anyone from Tokio Hotel. It was someone who’d been something near to friend status before I got famous.

“Hey Lor. Watcha doing?” he asked.

“Nothing…. Any particular reason you’re here?”

He shrugged, pushing his way inside. The tiniest of alarms went off in my head. Something was wrong in the way he looked at me, something wild about his eyes. The door creaked; it was still open. I glanced at it, wondering how far I’d get if I ran. My classmate stepped forward.

“Fame treating you well?”

“Y-yeah, I guess.” I stuttered. I heard a car pull up, and glanced out the doorway again, trying to keep from looking at the person with me.

“Meet some… exciting people?” I cringed. The way he said ‘exciting’ made me fear for my life. I felt so fragile. Why didn’t I ask him to leave? I knew I should have made him get out, fought him if I had to, but still I did not move.

Bill stepped out of the car, smiling as always, Tom coming out on the driver’s side. They both looked to me through the open doorway.

“Hey Lor!” Bill called. My classmate’s head whipped around, eyes flaming. Bill’s expression changed to that of pure anguish when he saw the man in the room with me. Our eyes locked…. the door slammed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thou hast angered the gods of fanfiction with your lack of comments and such... ^.^