Sequel: Mutatio

Metus

Tom's POV

"Come one Tom, get up. We're going to get Lor in a few minutes.... and you might want to change your clothes."

I groaned and rolled myself off the couch, landing on the floor with a deafening crash.

"Nice one there." said another voice. It was Bill, who was peering down at me from his couch. I mumbled at him and tried to manuver out of my already oversized clothing, that had since stretched from last night.

Angie, who'd spoekn to me first, helped me up and at least tried to sort out what was probably my shirt, but could also have been the blanket I'd used. I'd given up on my pants, since I couldn't see them and was relatively sure both of my legs were in the same.... pant? I suppose that would be right, considering there are two legs in a pair of pants, but a pair? I just don't get these Americans! Anyways, I ended up running to the bathroom to change.

We met the entirety of Lor's family outside the hospital and we all sped off towards a diner I'd never been to. American breakfasts were so.... fried. There wasn't anything sweet for breakfast in this country, unless you count those fruit parfet things (of which I ate three. Bill would have eaten one, but someone made a reference to purple snot and he lost his appetite. He settled for a caramle machiato).

"So where are you lot headed off to?" Lor's dad asked. My eyes widened. Headed?!? I thought. What about sleep? I like that idea.

Everyone looked to Lor, who blushed. I find it funny that Lor hates to be looked at by friends, yet she handled the paparazzi without a care in the world. She hadn't even hit one yet! That's more than any of us could say at least.

"Our lot," said Ashley. "Is headed off to LA, actually for the premire of Lexi and I's new movie."

I groaned inwardly. Why, why must they torture me so? I don't get it, what have I ever done to them? Is it so cruel for me to ask for a bit of rest? Just because I was the better looking one (let's not be modest, I'm generally better at everything) doesn'y mean I don't need some rest once in a while!

"The premire is in a few days, so I hope you don't mind us staying until then?" Lexi asked and looked sweetly to her mom, who laughed and assured her that she would disown us just for staying another few days. ^.^

Oh thank you merciful god! I thought. Bill seemed happy too and smiled contentedly to himself.

"And it seems we are brought back to you, Lor." said Georg, who chuckled at Lor's dismay.

"Ummmm...." she mumbled. "Ashley, you pick."

"No-can-do Miss Indecisive."

"I'm a Libra, I don't make decisions."

Lexi rolled her eyes. "Why don't we just go to the mall and run around like idiots?"

A murmer of aproval hummed around the table, coming from all but me. I hid it well apparently, since no one seemed to notice. Soon after we all finnished eating breakfast, we headed off to the ,all. (Lor's mom, dad, and brother had other things to do)

All through the car ride, Bill (though exhausted) and Lor talked and gigled about nothing in particualr while I uscceeded in sleeping most of the way, thanks to the clever use of sunglasses and headphones. Ashley and Angie, as told by Geor, had noticed I was asleep and drew smiley faces on ym toes. I hadn't yet taken off my shoes to check.

"Look! Ties!" Angie cried when we'd parked. "Can we go in there? Please please please!!!"

I looked to where she was pointing. Hot Topic, the epitomy of whorish Halloween costumes and varius band merchandise, which had an elaborate display of ties in the window.

"Sure, let's go." said Lor.

"Holy crap! You made a decision!"

"Shocking, I know."

------------------------------------

Four ties and one 'Bludger' bag later, we left for lunch at the food court (or Keva Juice for Lor and Gustav, who returned with stuffed pretzels and smoothies). When we had successfully gorged ourselves of pizza and other greasy delights, Ashley called to attention to a dilema she (and Bill, though he didn't know it yet) was facing.

"So Angie, when are we to meet our little sparkly bandits?" she asked.

"Sparkly bandits?" Georg chuckled. "Who's that?"

Angie beamed and looked past Georg. "Just in time!"

"Shine!" Ashley cried and ran past Georg, tackling a tall blonde.

"Scheiße Ashley!" Shin cried, laughing. The two other men (both with blonde and brown hair) laughed and dragged Ashley off of their friend.

Lor squealed and went to hug the three men. "Where'd you three come from?"

"We've been keeping in touch with Ashley and Angie ever since our interview." said the taller of the two.

"Strify wanted to see the premire in LA so he called Ashley and she suggested we meet you here instead." said the other.

"Kiro wanted to surprise you, otherwise you'd know."

"Would someone mind filling me in?" asked Gustav.

Strify, Kiro, and Shin looked startled for a minute before Strify laughed and intorduced the three of them. He also explained that he knew us because we were on the same record label. Bill, who was staring daggers at Strify since he was still hugging Lor, silently suggested that they all go jump off a cliff for stealing Lor away. I sighed. His jelousy was getting irritating.