No One Will Hate You Like I Do

Chapter Twelve

Pandora finally started to feel better on finals week, she felt reflifed when she finished the semester. What she would do before fall classes started up, she wasn't sure. Ville kept trying to get closer to her, he sent her flowers when she missed cleaning his house again, simply because she didn't think she could face him. The past three weeks had drained her completely.

Pandora sighed, staring at her unfinished drawing of two people kissing, she was trying a more amine style and surprisingly worked with her Tim Burton cartoonist style. The phone rang and she froze, she didn't want it to be Ville…but it might be Aunt Mary…she was due back in a few days, she wanted to spend as much time with her brother as she could. Pandora picked it up on the seventh ring,

"Hello?" her voice shook slightly as she already knew she should not have answered.

"Pandora! I've been trying to call you all day!" Ville sounded very worried. Pandora felt like hitting herself.

"Ville, for god's sake I was upstairs with my father most of the day…he's been even more ill than usual…I need to keep a close eye on him."

"You should tried, have you been sleeping?-sigh- Pandora, darling, you need to take care of yourself." Pandora gritted her teeth, she quickly switched ears with the phone and turned towards the wall.

"Why do you fucking care?!" than she busted into tears and hung up the phone shaking. ' Now…I've lost my job…and he'll hate me forever…the way it should be.'

Than it happened, it was late, around midnight when Pandora heard her father calling for her. She ran from her room to his bed side, her mind racing. He seemed fine, just laying there smiling at her.

"A man called here for you while you were taking a bath." Pandora sighed and sat at the end of the bed. 'Ville, damn him…' "He seemed nice on the phone, he really wanted to talk to you too." 'Give it a rest, Valo…' "I invited him over for dinner tomorrow."

"What? Why?" Pandora pancied. Dad just shook his head.

"You need someone to take care of you when I'm not here anymore, honey. I think he really cares about you, you should give him a chance." Pandora frowned, she didn't want to say this.

"Dad, Ville's the guy who…I…we, yeah….and I do like him but I don't want a relationship right now. I have too many other things to worry about."

"I knew who he was dear, I know you wouldn't let just any old idiot touch you. Relationships are hard yes, but they are also rewarding. Maybe it would help you to know there was someone there for you other than me and your Aunt. I know how Mina's death made you scared of losing someone close, but dear, you dersevre to know what love is. It isn't always bad." He reached out for her hand, Pandora looked at him. "Please, I just want to leave this world knowing that you're happy and safe." Tears weld in her eyes as her emotions choked her.

"Oh Dad," a few tears escaped, "I know…I just…don't think I'm ready, and Ville will just hurt me in the end, I know it."

"Someone only has as much power over you as you let them have, it sounds like you've already given him too much over you. One person shouldn't be able to destroy you." Pandora wiped her face.

"So what you're saying is, that I can be with him without completely devoting myself to him."

"Yes," She thought about it, how nice it would be to be able to kiss him and hold him and know that his heart was hers for that time. 'Like he'd really love you' Pandora sighed again.

"I'll give it some thought," she kissed him goodnight and went back to her room. She tried to relax and go back to reading on her bed but she was too worked up about Ville. She hated how often she thought of him and how strongly she ached to see him to hear his deep voice and look into his beautiful eyes.

"What's going on?" Pandora asked Ville as she petted the white bunny on her lap, the woods around them was shaking, there was a loud humming sound. Ville stood on top of the table and jumped up and down a few times.

"The trees are changing, that's all." Pandora rasied her eyebrow, he sat next to her and stroked the bunny's ears.

"But is that a bad thing? And why now?"

"Sometimes, it's very sad, and sometimes it's very happy. It depends on the way you look at it." Than his face seemed sullen, he leaned forward, his hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry," Pandora felt a shiver run through her.

"Oh god…Dad!"


Pandora jumped up and ran to her father's room. 'You're being silly, he's fine, it's just a dream…just a…'

Dad laid peacefully, his hands across his still chest. His dry blue lips turned into a soft smile. Pandora felt a wave of heat over come her, tears stinked her eyes but didn't fall. Her lips quivered, her knees gave out as the room span around her. Than all went black.