No One Will Hate You Like I Do

Chapter Twenty-Three

Pandora was finishing up her paper for Art History class on her laptop when Ville arrived home late for the third time in a roll. Pandora tried to understand that he was under lots of stress, they were still way behind on recording. Ville had also been having problems with his voice, Pandora thought that it was from all the extra cigarettes he was smoking because of the stress. Mary had went back to the states for a few weeks to see her friends back in the east coast, she wanted to see them again before the baby came. It was only four months before the baby was due. Pandora had swollen up like a balloon, her back and feet contentedly ached. She had headaches, and a awful appetite that wouldn't go away. For food and some strange reason sex, which even stranger to Pandora, Ville still wanted her regularly.

Ville entered the bedroom, wobbling and Pandora smelt booze. 'Oh great…I thought he had quit drinking a while ago…' She didn't say anything as he climbed into bed after undressing. He kissed her cheek, his breath reeked. Pandora coughed and pushed him away.

"You smell like a bar." That was a nice way of putting it. Ville sighed and stumbled to the bathroom mumbling to himself. Pandora tried to think of what this meant. Her mind raced, she thought everything was fine between them. Wasn't it? 'Maybe he's finally realized that he's going to be reasonable for a human life and have to spend the rest of his life, or at lest the first few years of the child's life, with me.' She heard the shower running. Pandora put her laptop away and changed into her nighties before climbing back in bed. She tried to fall asleep before Ville came back, she didn't feel like fighting off his drunken pawing.

"Sweetheart….Pandora…" Ville shook her shoulder, bringing her out of her dozing. She glared at Ville in the faint light from the hall nightlight. He smelt better now, he kissed her, his mouth tasted like mint tooth paste, Pandora pushed him away again.

"Ville, I'm tired…and your drunk, we both need sleep." Ville frowned, rubbed his excretion on her thigh.

"But I really need you, kuta." Pandora got angry, she sat up and stormed downstairs. ' What makes him think that he can just use me whenever he wants? Why is he drinking after it almost killed him? Oh god, please, I can't handle this going wrong, please…I can't lose Ville after my parents….'

Pandora slept in one of the guest rooms, she hoped that Ville figured out why she was so mad. Thoughts of what if this was a bad idea, to move in with Ville and believe that they would get married and be a family. Pandora woke up in the morning, she cried, holding her womb. She didn't want her baby to ever feel like she did. Pandora wondered if she leave him, it wasn't too late, the baby didn't know him…'Maybe that's what I should have done to begin with.'

Pandora heard Ville enter the room, he walked to her side of the bed. She looked up at him and tried to imagine raising the baby without him, Mary was still there for her.

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart…I should have came home that drunk…I shouldn't have drank at all…please believe it won't happen again." Pandora frowned at him and sat up. 'Why don't I believe him?'

"Ville…I have to think of what if our child ever saw you like that…I thought that you didn't want to drink anymore." Ville sat on the bed, his head down.

"I don’t! I've just been so fucking stressed out lately…it was too easy to slip into the old habit of drinking after a take…I do regret it. I don't want my kid to see me like that, and they never will, I promise." He looked her in the eye, Pandora believed him and she didn't want to, that old doubt of their relationship came back. The fear of loss, the fear of failing as a mother…Pandora pretended that she completely forgave Ville. She kissed him, as they embraced and than made love, she really thought about every action, every emotion she felt, realizing that she was deeply in love with Ville and even though leaving him would break her heart completely, if she had to, she would, for her child.

Hours later, while Ville slept, Pandora laid awake still thinking about the baby growing inside her. Confusion clouded her mind, slowly, without waking Ville, she left the bed and went to call Mary.

"Hello?"

"Did I wake you Aunt Mary?"

"Oh no, not at all…I was just napping, me and the girls were out all day shopping. I got a few things for you and Ville. So why did you call, dear?"

"Mary…I'm thinking about leaving Ville." Mary sighed heavily.

"Oh honey…please tell me your joking…that boy loves you and that baby more than anything, you know that."

"I know…" Pandora played with the phone cord, feverishly.

"Than why, would you even say such a thing? It wouldn't be fair to him, your child…and your own heart."

"Because he came home drunk and he's bee moody and depressed lately and I can't help but think that it's because he's regretting being with me."

"How often does he want sex?"

"Almost every night, why?"

"He wants to be with you, stop doubting it's not good for the baby to worry so much. I need to go now, please tell me you'll stop all this leaving Ville thing?"

"I'll try, good bye Aunt Mary."
♠ ♠ ♠
I really love seeing how much you guys like the story and the characters. I have a lot of fun writing it and I love knowing that it makes you guys happy too, so again, like in every chapter, I thank my readers and those readers who comment, you all rule.