No One Will Hate You Like I Do

Chapter Two

Pandora jumped back , turning around, her eyes grew to the size of dinner plates as she saw the flaming pot of boiling water and the photo of Ville and his brother. The flames grew taller and licked the oven mitts hanging on the wall. Pandora panicked and grabbed a glass of water and threw it on the fire, but it only sizzled before growing. She screamed, running into Ville who was still shouting, but this time he had a…cup of flour? In his hands, he threw it on the flames, it worked, killing the fire on the wall, but the fire on the stove was still burning. Pandora grabbed the whole flour jar throwing it over the flame, although it worked, the extra flour spat back out and blew up, completely covering them and the kitchen in burnt flour.

"What…the fuck!" Ville yelled, shaking, trying to brush the flour off his good clothes. Pandora was sure he was going to fire her now. 'Oh fuck…this is not good.'

"I'm sorry!" She exclaimed, "I was trying to make you dinner and I got caught up dreaming about pirates and the next thing I knew the house was on fire and I saw you do the flour thing so I wasn't thinking I just acted!" Ville looked at her, frowning, he gritted his teeth.

"Look, I'm not mad about the flour, I'm mad about the picture! What was it doing on the stove?" Pandora blushed red, the photo had started the fire because she had forgotten to move it. She looked at the flour covered floor she had just spent hours cleaning.

"Umm…well…I accidentally broke the frame so I cleaned up the glass and I guess I forgot that it was on the stove…I'm so sorry." Ville pitched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

"Okay, okay, I just,…really, wish it had not been that picture."

"Are you going to fire me?" Ville glanced up at her, his brow frowned.

"I'm upset, but I'm not that upset, besides you are the only person who after seeing the awful state this place was in, had agreed to work for me under 50 an hour." Pandora's eyes widened, she could have changed 40? Damnit, she thought.

"Oh, so should I clean this up?" She gestured to the white dust everywhere.

"You're damn right you should," he spoke with slight bitterness, looking around the room before sighing again. "I suppose I'll pay you for the hours you worked earlier…does that sound fair?" Pandora nodded, relieved she still had a job. She grabbed the broom and started cleaning up. Ville went upstairs and she heard the shower running, she tried not to think about him showering and finished cleaning up the flour. Just as she got around to cleaning the flour off herself, she heard him yelling something.

"Where are all my clothes?" She smiled,

"In the drawers!" A moment passed.

"I meant my good clothes, the ones on the floor…"

"They were dirty, I washed them, they should be in the dryer!"

"Oh…"

A few seconds later he came down stairs in nothing but a towel, wrapped around his waist. His toned slender torso had a few tattoos, both of his arms were tattooed as well. A beautiful tribal shelve, and a mixture of portraits on the other arm. Pandora blushed red, turning her gaze the other way, wiping the flour on her black jumper harder with the paper towel. He walked to the laundry room off the side of the kitchen. Pandora's eyes had a mind of their own as they wandered back over in his direction. She'd never seen a man so bare in real life who was outside of her family, it was half attraction half curiosity. He's awfully toned for being so skinny.'

"What? You've never seen a half naked man before?" Pandora jumped and her blush tripled. She was beyond embarrassed, she bit her lip.

"Now, why would I want to look at you?" it came out surprisingly calm and innocent, it was out of her mouth before she could think. Ville looked shocked and than shrugged it off, before heading back up stairs she heard him mumble,

"Prude." She gritted her teeth, she just wanted it all to be over with. Finally she was flour free for the most part, Ville came down dressed and paid her what they had agreed. He was not as friendly or easy going as he was before. Oh great, she thought, now he was all business and she would have to suffer his rudeness. Well, she decided, if he was going to be that way to her, she would just be a bitch to him. It would be going out of her nature but she would have to fight back indirectly somehow. ….And no more thinking about him sexually or romantically she decided. 'This is going to be tricky'
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading.