No One Will Hate You Like I Do

Chapter Thirty-Two

Pandora sat in front of a man in his late forties, he was the head of a publishing company. She held her skirt in her hands, the fabric giving under her tight grasp. Mr. Lockhart looked up from her novel and smiled, setting it on his desk and crossing his arms.

"I think you have a best seller here, Miss Green," Pandora blinked, she couldn't believe it.

"Really? Oh and it's going to be Valo soon, and that's what will be on the cover." Mr. Lockhart nodded,

"I see, congratulations!" He leaned back in his chair, "That wouldn't be a Mrs. Ville Valo, would it?" Pandora frowned, why did it matter?

"Well, uh, yes, actually…he's the father," she laughed and patted her belly. Mr. Lockhart's eyes widened.

"Oh my, congratulations again! I assumed that you were…um, never mind." He smiled nervously, "I thought that was him with you downstairs, has your enragement been announced yet?" Pandora shook her head.

"No, we're waiting until after the baby comes and after we're married."

"Hm, well that's a good idea, I that that in light of your fiancé's fame, we should release your novel when the news comes out." 'What is he talking about?"

"Why wait?" Lockhart sighed and took on a serious face.

"Well, when the public learns about a star marrying someone not known they want to find out as much about the spouse as possible. So maybe some of his fans may become interested in buying your book and if it's being pushed as a new release than well, it’s what we call perfect timing. " Pandora looked at him like he was talking in a different speech.

"Okay, look, I'm not looking to use my husband's talent to better my carrier. You can release the book whenever you want but I'm not going to milk this." Lockhart looked surprised.

"Very well than, just remember that this is a business and there's no harm in smart investments."

Pandora left the office leaving angry. She didn't want the fact that people knew who Ville was to affect her, there was no reason why it should. She was part of his private life and it should stay that way.

Ville was happy to hear the news that she was going to be published. He insisted that they all go out to celebrate. Mary said that she wasn't feeling well so they should just go and have fun.

They went out to eat at a Italian place only a few blocks from home. Pandora had the voice of Mr. Lockhart echoing in her head, she worried that not only would their relationship be tested by the normal dramas of life that maybe outside forces would interfere as well. Ville noticed that she was more withdrawn than normal, he reached across the table and held her hand. Pandora gave him a soft smile.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" Pandora was about to answer him when they were interrupted by a young woman in a red dress, she looked excited as she clung to a napkin and a pen. Pandora sighed and watched as Ville kindly signed the napkin for her and posed for a picture. 'So, just because you're famous it's okay to interrupt your private dinner, yeah couldn't wait until we got up to leave…'

"Thank you so much, I'm such a big fan…oh is this your girlfriend?" The woman asked, eyeing Pandora with a critical gaze. Ville cleared his throat,

"Um, yes…" her face fell a little,

"Oh I thought that you said you were still single?" Ville looked to be losing his cool.

"We're keeping things private until our baby is born," Than her face completely changed.

"Congras! Um, I better go, thanks again!" she disappeared and Ville let out a long sigh.

"Sorry darling, " Pandora took a drink of her water and held her head.

"It's fine, I'm not upset at you…I just wish that this wouldn't happened almost every time we go out."

"I do too…but you know they never stay long and they buy the albums so a few minutes of my time is worth it."

"Yeah, I guess…." She looked up, "Ville…are you scared that if the public knows that we're getting married and that we're having a kid that your sales will drop?" Ville's face twisted up, as he sat back in his chair, it was like he was just slapped.

"How can you ask me that? I love you and the baby and I could give a fuck about sales when it comes to my family. " Pandora hated that his harsh reaction made her feel better.

They finished their dinner and went home, they spoke little that night and Pandora felt guilty for questioning Ville's love for her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, please comment.