No One Will Hate You Like I Do

Chapter Three

Pandora sucked in a breath as she stared at Ville's front door. She knocked finally and kept her head down until he opened it. He appeared to have just rolled out of bed like the first time she saw him, but he had no shirt on and his curly hair was standing on end, Pandora almost giggled when he rubbed the sleepily dust from his eyes.

"Oh, it's you, come in…" he mumbled and turned around, she fallowed him into the house. Thankfully the house was only a little messy and needed a basic clean. Pandora was thankful because last time took forever. Ville slugged upstairs and she assumed he was going back to bed. It wasn't that early, around eleven.

Pandora got started cleaning and when she needed to go upstairs she knocked on his door and waited, hoping that she could just get in and get done. Ville mumbled something and came out a moment later, still groggy. He brushed past her and went downstairs without a word. Pandora cleaned the bathroom and put his clothes away. She was completing her task of folding his many black articles of clothing when Ville came back up, holding a cup of coffee looking more alert. He leaned against his door frame. 'What's he up to?'

"Um…so you'll be done soon?" He asked looking down at his coffee cup. Pandora nodded, trying to pretend his presence didn't make her uncomfortable. She tried to think about what kinds of topics she'd be covering in her text books for school later when she did her homework.

"Oh, okay…I was thinking…you, um, you don't have a boyfriend do you?" Pandora paused, and put down the shirt she was folding, gazing at Ville with wide eyes.

"Yesterday I decided it was best to have as little interaction with you as possible, so please excuse me if I chose not to answer that personal question." Ville frowned, and looked, disappointed? She turned back to her work and begin humming to avoid having to reply to anything he said. Ville sighed heavy in defeat, sitting on his bed, he turned his head to watch her. Pandora bit her tongue. 'What the hell? Why is he being so…weird?' Was he mad that she wouldn't flirt with him? Pandora didn't have the time for a relationship and she didn't like the idea of getting enloved with someone so complex. She tried to think of the last boy she dated…when she was in high school, sophomore year, he took her to his junior prom and tried to talk her into giving him a hand job. She punched him in the face when he put his hand up her skirt, the date ended in disappointed and after that all the guys in her school called her a prude and her nick name was, 'crazy bitch.' Even though she was nice and polite most of the time and was most defiantly not a prude. She just did not like being pressured to do things, sexual or otherwise. She had a brain, was matured with a strong will, and that was threatening to teenage boys who wanted a girl to manipulate and control. Pandora spent much of her life by herself, taking care of abandoned animals, painting and reading. She didn't like people much because they never seemed to like her. She was very detached from society, sometimes she liked the idea of being independent. Than again, she did spend most of her time alone and she feared when her Dad finally passed she'd always be alone.

Pandora finish the upstairs bathroom last, as she was climbing to her feet, Ville helped her up. She raised an eyebrow, trying not to notice how his touch made her heart sped up.

On her way home she remembered to stop by the pharmacy for her Dad's medicine. She hated sneaking it into his tea. But he was so stubborn, and strong willed, Mom use to say that she inherited that will of steal from him but Pandora usually thought of herself as easy going and relaxed. Her father always seemed stressed about something even before Mom died and he got sick.

When Pandora rode up her drive way she saw a man standing at her door, not just any man but her boss, Ville. He smiled when he saw her, he was lovely when he smiled, Pandora shook herself, just as she was caught up keeping eye contact with him she rode right into a brush. She flew over the bike and landed on her back, over the brush. Ville rushed over, Pandora looked up at him through her hazy eyes, the world was upside down and he was holding his mouth like he wanted to laugh. She frowned up at him, he reached out to help her up.

"Well, aren't you going to take my hand?" Pandora glared at him and pulled herself up by herself. She brushed off her clothes and picked up her bike. She was a little bruised up but northing serious, the bike was fine as well to her relief. She couldn't afford to get a new one.

"Thanks," Pandora huffed and put her bike up against the house. 'Why is he here? Doesn't he have someone else to stalk?'

"Why don't you get a car?" He asked, looking over her old bike, Pandora wished that he would go away.

"Because I can't drive, also I'm dirt poor." Ville's face changed for a moment, he looked a little embarrassed. "Look, why are you here?" She changed her weight onto her right foot.

"Oh sorry, I just thought that since I was just a cross the street at the store why not come over and visit? I know what you said earlier and I want you to know I'm not usually so cold. I'm sorry if I offended you. I really like you and you’re a great worker. I also think that you could get a much better job than scrubbing my toilet." Pandora didn't want to change her mind about Ville, yes it was out of her character to be small minded but she'd rather dislike him than have a crush on him. Men like him didn't like girls like her, she was meaty, quirky and old fashion. Most modern men's nightmares. She didn't want to have fantasies about her boss, she decided she needed a new job as soon as possible, but she doubted she could get one that paid as well.

"Well, scrubbing toilets is all I can do for now. I go to collage part time and I have my father's medical bills, and the mortgagee is due…" she shook her head. "You don't know me and I'd rather it stay that way. I want to keep working for you but I'll have to quit if you insist on coming to my house uninvited to flirt with me!" Pandora marched in her house and slammed the door behind her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading.