Time Ticken Like A clock

Dancing

Hours later I was rudely awoken by the phone ringing; it had been ringing for a while now. Why hadn’t Zach or Demetri answered it? I turned over grabbing it and looking at the caller id, it was Justin. I pushed the talk button and brought it to my ear.
“Hello?” I asked trying to wake up.
“Jenna? Geez where were you yesterday for school Demetri called the school saying you were sick and then when I came to see you he shooed me off like a dog. What’s wrong? Is something wrong with you? Are you dieing?”
I laughed tiredly hearing him yelling that it wasn’t funny and to be serious for once. But I couldn’t. I didn’t want to, not with what’s happening. “Sorry Justin I was sick, just a cold or something I’m not dieing okay you can stop pissing your pants over it.”
“I’m not doing that! Besides I was worried don’t blame me. So are you better enough to come out with me today?”
I turned to my clock seeing it was about 5 in the afternoon. “Yeah sure,”
“Great! I’ll come and get you at 8, is that okay?”
“Yeah,” I said nodding to myself. “Yeah I’ll be ready by then.” We said goodbye and hung up. I laid back thinking about everything. Of course it was just some idiot getting some laughs, but those cuts on my brothers were so real. I suddenly felt grief and sorry for them getting hurt because of me. But what was wrong with this idiot. He some how got on my friends list, he said he was at the mall and out my window and they bother were the same but I mean. It can’t be him. Could it? I turned over on my other side looking at my computer. Its black screen reflecting the light from the window across the room covered by drapes but still some light shone through. I couldn’t help but feel like the light was disappearing a long with my sanity.
Finally after dragging my self out of my bed I took a nice shower and started to get ready. Since I didn’t know where we were going I just slipped on some jeans, converse, and a black tank top with skeletons around it. I grabbed a clip and put my hair up letting the ends come out at the top in every direction. The clock now read 7:30 so I had some time to spare. I walked down from my room to the living room seeing Zach played games. His arms and legs bandaged up. He turned looking at me smiling like always. Demetri appeared from the kitchen holding a soda in his hands. His arms and legs were bandaged too, but he didn’t smile when his eyes found mine. No, he just looked away and smiled to Zach sitting next to him. I couldn’t believe just one day had ruined the bond me and him had. But he lied to me, who’s to say he hadn’t lied to me long before now. I walked to the window looking out seeing only kids running around or skating. I remembered the time Justin tried to get me to skateboard but it didn’t work out well.
After a while the door bell rang signaling Justin. I walked to it yelling to Demetri I would be back later. Opening the door I saw Justin wearing his normal buttoned up shirt, arm things like gloves, wrist bands, bracelets and such. Hi jeans covered in black writing and red hearts I had drawn on them from before. I smiled hugging him tight like I hadn’t seen him in years. He returned it with as much love as I had and took my hand when we parted. We got to his convertible and drove off to somewhere. He told me what happened the day before at school. Apparently Nicky had punched some girl because she had said something about my absence and also for hitting on Justin for the millionth time. Justin finally stopped at a club and opened my door pulling me out. We walked in without getting stopped and saw right away Nicky, Christa, Michelle, and Dan dancing together. I smiled getting pulled by Justin into it all joining my friends. We danced and got drinks even though we were underage. Nicky and Michelle walked off to a corner while Christa and Dan made out right on the table. Justin and I walked off away from them both a little wasted. Everything was spinning to me, even the ground but I felt really great for once. No stress of school or that letter or that boy. Nothing mattered. Justin had ran off holding his mouth to the bathroom. I giggled lightly and sat down on one of the couches they had.
“Would you like to dance?” I looked up seeing the boy from before, at the mall and out my window. At first I really didn’t see it but once I stood up with the help of his hand I saw it. He pulled me his hand griping mine with strength but I couldn’t feel the pain. We danced, him always looking at me like I was going to run or something. But I couldn’t; not in the condition I was in right now. After a few songs he pulled me out of the crowd to the couch I was at before. He sat me down sitting really close to me. “DO you know who I am?” he asked over the loud music. I just nodded not really feeling my voice was there anymore. “Well my name is Dalen; my father sent you that letter. Do you understand it?” I shook my head no. “Well your parents engaged you to the youngest male of my family which is me. You’re going to come live and marry me as your parents intended. But they didn’t tell you. Did they?” once again I shook my head. He looked at me with his eyes filled with something I couldn’t even understand. He moved closer until his lips brushed against my ear. “I’m sorry I hurt your brothers.” He moved away smiling at me. I returned it not really understanding all of this since I was still wasted but it did make little sense. He suddenly stood up bowing a little to me and was about to walk off.
“Wait!” he turned hearing me. “Um…” what was wrong with me? I couldn’t say anything that was going through my mind. I couldn’t find the words for any of it even though I had repeated them in my mind over and over.
“Yes?” he said finally waiting a little to long I guess.
“Will…will you come see me again. Not from a distance but… like now?” He smiled and sat next to me again.
“Yes in do time I’ll come see you again.” He pushed back a strand of hair from my face and placed it behind my ear still smiling. I smiled happily feeling like I wanted, and needed to see him again. He stood up again and walked off and this time I didn’t stop him. Justin finally came back holding a beer. He smiled sitting next to me and wrapping his free arm around me.
“You’ve been okay since I was gone?”
“Yes.” He smiled and I smiled back resting my head against his chest.
Finally we were okay enough to drive back home. Justin walked me back to the door kissing me deeply, holding me close. I kissed back but then felt something that made me pull away. He looked down at me not understanding why I had pulled away. “Um I’m sorry Justin.” I kissed him again feeling his kiss back just as before. That feeling came back but I didn’t pull away until Justin did.
“Goodnight Jenna.”
“Night Justin.” He let go and walked back to his car waving one last time before driving off. I waved back then waited until his car was out of sight until I went inside. Demetri was in the kitchen with bills and money mom and dad had sent to pay the bills.
“Hi bro.” I said. He looked up smiling them looked back at the bills. I walked up to my room changing into a shirt from Demetri. After doing normal stuff before bed I laid down closing my eyes. I was about to fall asleep when I felt the bed go down a bit like someone else had laid down beside me. Arms wrapped around me giving off a cold but warm feeling. I snuggled close to who ever it was and fell to sleep smiling happily.