Status: Active.

And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts

Nice To See You Out Of Prison.

It had been a long time. In actual fact, it had only been 42 days. But that felt like a life time on its own. There were no phone calls, no visits. Not even a ‘Hey! How you doing?’ email. None of that. Her mind was full of reassurance that things were going to be alright in the beginning but in the end that had died. It was if they didn’t care anymore. She was just a long lost memory, or a dust bunny under the bed or the one sock that seems to always go missing.

But that was all about to change. Tonight was the MTV Video Music Awards. The night where all the big names would come out to play. The night where My Chemical Romance and Tiffany Chaos would come out to play. The night where Kyra Lee Murdoch would come back to it all.

She slipped on the last of three necklaces she would be wearing for the night and checked her hair in the mirror. Somehow, Kyra had managed to convince the rehab centre to let her dye her hair, riding herself of the platinum blonde locks for a some sort of sandy blonde colour.

“Murdoch! Your ride’s here!” An attendant called out.

Kyra nodded to herself before walking out to the hall in her heels. Normally she wouldn’t wear shoes like this but she had changed. She wasn’t the young irresponsible girl that left tour 42 days ago. No. Kyra had become a fierce young woman who knew exactly who she was and what she wanted.

“We’re going to miss you so much! Now, remember what we told you, okay?” The nurse smiled while hugging her at the door.

“Aw! I’m going to miss you more and don’t worry. I’ll never forget,” Kyra said, pulling away.

She thanked the people who had helped her through one of the most difficult stages in her life and went out to the limousine waiting outside. Kyra slid into the seat, her hand holding the material of her black dress.

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t Murdoch. Nice to see you out of prison,” Max smiled.

“Oh shut up Maxie. It wasn’t that bad. Aren’t you happy to see me?” Kyra grinned.

“Of course I am! Come here kid,” he said with his arms open for a hug.

Kyra shuffled across the seats, leaning into the guitarist, “I missed you guys so much!”

“Kyra! Kyra! Kyra!” The blonde drummer said excitedly across from her.

“What? What? What?” Kyra mocked.

“Bob and Ray have girlfriends!” Elliot squealed.

“Oh my God! No way!”

“Yes way!”

“No way!”

“Speaking of way, how are my three Ways? Gerard still an ass?” Kyra asked.

“Oh man. Gerard is still an ass of course and Jamie is growing up nicely. He can’t wait to see you!” Max smiled, looking at Kyra’s bracelets.

“And Mike? He’s still incredibly sexy?” Kyra giggled.

“Err…Well…Ah…” Elliot muttered, looking around the limo.

“What about Mike?” Kyra asked again, this time in a more demanding tone.

“Ky,” Max sighed.

“Will someone just tell me already?” She said, getting frustrated.

“Ky, I’m so sorry sweetie. He…He’s seeing someone else,” the guitarist told her softly.

“What? No, you’re lying,” Kyra said in an even softer tone.

“Pfft. I wish. This chick is a total goodie two shoes,” Elliot scoffed.

“I-I-I don’t believe you. Mikey…Mikey wouldn’t do this to me,” she told them, trying not only to convince them that he wouldn’t but also herself.

“We aren’t lying. Look at these Ky,” Max said, pulling out a few magazines, “We didn’t want to be the ones to tell you about this. But we both couldn’t stand to see you be so excited only to have that torn away from you when you see them.”

Kyra shook her head, her hands making frantic work of the magazine to get to the desired pages quickly. She couldn’t believe that this was happening. After all, she went away to get better for him and their son. Kyra had millions of thoughts racing through her mind, the main one being why didn’t Mikey wait for her.

She’d finally reached page fourteen where she was greeted with the headline of ‘A New Chemical Romance’ and several pictures of Mikey, James and this supposedly new girlfriend walking down the street with his arm draped casually over her shoulders while his other arm pushed the stroller. Both of the shiny paper smiles made her queasy in the stomach.

“While mommy’s away, daddy will come out to play. Mikey Way, 23, appeared to be happy strolling down the street with his son, James Lee, on a day off from his busy touring schedule. But he wasn’t alone. New girl, Sophie Hughes, tagged along for the walk. Sources close to the pair claim the couple are smitten with each other and that the bassist hasn’t been this happy in a long time.”

Kyra shut the magazine, not wanting to read anymore from it. Instead she grabbed the other magazine, starting to search through it much like the last one.

“Ky, there’s really nothing else to read,” Elliot said, trying to take the magazine away from her.

“No. I want to read it,” Kyra replied.

This time she was met with photos of the ‘smitten couple’ with the rest of My Chemical Romance, including Kat. Kyra held the magazine closer, examining every last detail of the photos until she realised. Gerard wasn’t in any of them.

“I don’t want to read anymore,” Kyra mumbled, throwing the magazine to the other end of the limo.

“Ky, we’re sorry. We didn’t mean to upset -”

“What? I’m not upset. I’m fine with it. I mean if he wants to go out and date other people then fine.”

“Are you sure?” Elliot asked.

“Positive. Let’s just have fun tonight, okay guys?” Kyra smiled, trying to forget about what she had just read.

“You’re taking this a lot better than we expected but, uh, yeah sure. Let’s have fun!” grinned the drummer.

Kyra smiled and nodded, knowing that tonight was going to be very interesting indeed.