Status: Active.

And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts

"The Take Over, The Breaks Over"

I'm boring but overcompensate
with Headlines and flash, flash, flash photography


Kyra watched as the door opened to the outside world. The two male members of the band had taken the first few steps out on to the red carpet moments ago, leaving Kyra the last one inside the dark limousine. She took a deep breathe, her hands connecting to her friends, helping her out of their method of transportation.

The flashes were bright, brighter than the sun reflecting off a shiny object on a hot summers day. Her ears were filled with the sound of the screaming and squeals, all courtesy of the awaiting fans on the red carpet.

She walked quietly, in between Max and Elliot, taking in the atmosphere. Her hand gave a small wave to the fans, causing them to scream. An even louder scream erupted once Max raised his arm in the air and acknowledged the crowd.

People will dissect us till
This doesn't mean a thing anymore


“Kyra! Max! Elliot! Kyra!” Reporters called out.

The two blondes posed and the only dark haired member of the band called them over to the side to speak to a reporter. Elliot wrapped his arm over her shoulder’s guiding her. Kyra nodded, walking over, standing in between the guys.

“So, MTV reporter Zeke at the MTV Video Music Awards here with Tiffany Chaos. So guys, your first award show. How you feeling?” The interviewer asked, passing a microphone to the band.

“Oh, it’s great ya know? We can’t believe we’re here and it’s all thanks to the fans,” Max smiled.

“And you guys are performing, right? First performance since out of rehab for you Kyra. How’s it feel?”

“Uh…well it’s good to be here. I’m really excited and as Maxie said, it’s all thanks to the fans,” she grinned.

“Now. There’s something we all want to know. What’s happening with you and Mikey Way? I mean, you two used to be inseparable! Spoken to him since leaving rehab? What do you think of his new girlfriend?”

The words splattered out of his mouth that quickly, Kyra didn’t understand a word he was saying. The only words she picked up were ‘Mikey’, ‘inseparable’ and ‘girlfriend’.

“Haha. Well, I’m sure Ky has got some massive long answer for that Zeke, but we have to get going. We’re due to go warm up for the performance,” Elliot butted in, excusing the band from the interview.

The trio walked off into the actual building where the award show was being held, Elliot protectively close to Kyra.

“Thanks for that El,” Kyra sighed, unsure what she would have said back there.

“No problem. Just looking out for one of my best friends,” he smiled.

But don't pretend you ever forgot about me
Don't pretend you ever forgot about me


“Oh, while you were away, look what I learned to do,” Elliot smiled as he clicked his fingers.

Kyra’s mouth dropped at her friend. Elliot had never clicked in his whole entire life but he just did. Right there. In front of her.

“Oh my God! E! I’m so proud of you,” she giggled.

Elliot blushed lightly and thanked her, returning his attention back to nothing at all really; just hitting random objects around him with his drumsticks. Kyra’s attention turned to the excessive yelling coming from across the room.

“No! I absolutely refuse to open this show!” The woman, no older than 25, yelled.

“What!? Why not!?” A show organiser yelled.

“Well, for one I’m not getting paid enough and quite simply, I don’t want to go out there and get wrinkles from all the stress,” she snapped, walking off.

His face dropped, “But Miss Richie! Ah, forget it. You’re probably a crappy singer anyway,” he sighed, “Shit, shit, shit. Who am I going to get to open the show!?”

He walked off in the opposite direction the woman went, looking stressed the whole way. This show organiser was definitely going to be getting wrinkles this year for Christmas.

Kyra sat there, just holding her hands in the air to practise playing her chords for the evening on her imaginary bass. She hummed the words along in her mind, not even paying attention when Max pointed her out to the same man from before.

“Uh, Kyra?” He asked.

She suddenly popped back into reality, “Oh sorry, zoned out,” Kyra chuckled, “How can I help you?”

“Right, my name is Joe and I’m organising this tonight-”

“Oh, hi Joe!” She smiled, “Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too, but that’s not why I’m here. Since Richie bailed on us, we need someone to go on and open the show with an act. So, can you? No, will you?”

“Oh, yeah. Sure,” Kyra muttered, not even thinking about it.

“Eep! I love you, I love you, I love you!” Joe hugged her.

“Hang on. Huh? Me? By myself? Out there?”

Joe pulled away nodding, “You cool with that?”

“I-I-I-I-I-I-I…S-S-S-Sure!” Kyra stuttered.

Joe gave her a thumbs up, running off to go and organise the final details for the night. She sat there, deadly silent and freaking out on the inside. Oh shit. Barely one day out. What the hell has she gotten herself into?

Don't pretend you ever forget 'bout me
We don't fight fair
♠ ♠ ♠
"The Take Over, the Breaks Over" - Fall Out Boy.
Eep! Thank-you guys so much for all the encouragement. It really means a lot to me that people are actually reading and enjoying this!
So we got 10 comments for the first chapter, think we can get another 10?
I doubt it, but prove me wrong folks.
We don't fight fair...