Status: Active.

And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts

Awkwardness Central, Yeah?

The crowd erupted in cheer and applause. It appeared that nearly everyone in the fan based crowd was yelling something about loving their favourite member of the band. The giant screens that were scattered around the venue played the winning video, ‘The Black Parade’.

The band consisting of the five members, plus Kat, all walked up to the stage. Gerard smiled the whole way with a wide grin on his face. Each member gave as many high fives as possible along the way to fans, causing each receiver of the gesture to scream ecstatically.

Kyra watched them slowly make their way up to where she was. Both Pete and her had wide grins, clapping for their peers. The other three girls sat in their seats and watched as the guys got their award, all wondering why Kat went up with them and why they couldn’t.

“Ready for awkwardness central, yeah?” Pete chuckled, leaning into her ear to tell her over the noise.

She nodded, a smile planted on her face to not show her true feelings.

Gerard was the first one to reach Kyra, tightly embracing her and kissing her cheek as he pulled away. He was happy to say the least - winning an award and getting one of his old friends back. Ray, Bob and Frank were next, each complimenting her and telling her how good it was to see her. Kat hugged her tighter than all of the members put together, only pulling away once her husband dragged her off.

Mikey was the last one to reach her. It wasn’t on purpose, but it was just the way that the situation turned out. He was a few steps away from her as they looked at each other awkwardly, unsure of how to deal with the situation.

Her lips started to form the beginning of a wicked smile. Kyra gripped her hands to the back of his shirt excitedly, hugging him as if she didn’t know about Sophie. As if they weren’t famous or in any bands. As if they were back in Jersey, circa six years ago. As if nothing were wrong.

He shifted out of the hug a bit, the slightest bit of guilt overwhelming him. Mikey pulled away, feeling Sophie glaring at him from where they were previously sitting, “You look better,” he told her.

“Eh, this is just something I threw on,” she shrugged casually, going over to see Gerard.

Kyra blew him off completely, believing that he probably deserved it since the magazine articles appeared to be true. She took a few steps over to the singer, wrapping her arms around him in a hug while the others took their turn at a speech.

“Congratulations Geegee!” Kyra squealed.

“Thanks love. You look hot in that dress,” Gerard smirked.

"Ha ha. I suppose. I gotta go but we'll catch up later maybe?" Kyra asked, walking back slowly to go off stage.

"Totally, yeah, of course!" Gerard smiled while nodding.

Kat waved as both of her close friends walked off the stage. My Chemical Romance soon following behind them shortly after Frank finished thanking his entire family. When My Chemical Romance got back to their seats, the first thing the other three wanted to know was why Kat went up with them and they had to stay in their seats.

Once that was explained, Sophie looked at Mikey and said, "We need to have a talk when this is over." Mikey nodded, wondering if he had done something wrong.

At the end of the evening, Mikey and Sophie got into his car while everyone else either rode in Gerard’s car or in Frank and Kat’s car.

"What did you want to talk about, honey?" Mikey asked, as he followed Gerard to his place.

"Nothing really. Just wondering why your ex fiancée hugged you like that? Is there something I’m missing? That’s all," she said to him in a sweet voice.

"Sophie, it’s not even like that. She may not even know I am seeing someone. You know we were, and always will be, friends and parents. I will not cut Ky out of James' life," Mikey told his girlfriend.

She just nodded in understanding, wondering if she actually should be worried. Mikey on the other hand, gripped the steering wheel a bit tighter, wondering if he and Kyra actually would always be friends. But he couldn’t come to a conclusion. His mind was too busy being a broken record. Instead of doing its normal function, it kept replaying moments from all of the significant moments in Kyra and his relationship up until now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Today has been a great day. No sarcasm here! I got my Green Day tickets! The best seats I've actually had at any concert at the venue it's being held at. You could probably tell, I'm super excited even though it's just under 6 months away. And there's only 3.5 hours left of school. It ends tomorrow then no school for two weeks which means I can spend time updating! But anyway. Thank-you to all the commenters so far. It brightens my day. What's your favourite chapter so far?