Status: Active.

And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts

Mickey Or Mikey?

Talking things out is the solution to every problem in the world. Math problems can be solved, friendship issues can be solved and even family relationships can be changed simply by taking the time to speak. And this is how it worked out for Kyra. After questions, tears and finally answers, things seemed to finally be on the blonde’s side for once.

But talking things out actually does require words to be spoken, otherwise it just creates more problems, which is how it worked for Mikey. He woke up alone and went to look for her but couldn’t find her, much like the day before. It had him worried again but this time, he called her cell instead of wasting time.

She excused herself and answered the phone, "Hey Mikey."

"Hey, baby, where are you? Is everything okay?" He asked.

"Everything is fine, just like you said it would be. I'll be back in a minute. There's someone I want you to meet."

"Okay, love you."

Mikey got ready and went to the front area to wait on his wife and the mystery guest. He didn’t have a clue what his wife had in store for him, but knowing Kyra, it would be good. Once the door made its usual opening sound, his eyes sprung up to reveal Kyra and a man, no older than forty-seven. The pair made their way up onto the bus, Mikey quickly straightened his shirt out a bit more.

"Hey, sweetie. This is my dad, Dad, this is Mikey," she introduced.

Mikey stood up and walked over to them. He stuck his hand out to shake Kyra's father’s hand, "It’s nice to meet you sir."

Kyra smirked at how he had become serious all of a sudden.

"You too Mickey," he replied.

"Mikey, dad. His name is Mikey," Kyra laughed.

Mikey then kissed Kyra on her cheek, "It’s okay, sweetie. I always did want to be a Mouseketeer," he joked, smiling.

"So, that must be short for something I presume?" Her father asked.

"Yeah, it’s short for Michael James Way," he said, taking a seat back on the couch and patting the spot next to him, hoping Kyra would sit down.

"Nice strong name," he nodded.

Kyra just chuckled, sitting next to her husband

Mikey smiled while nodding at Kyra's dad, "How’s your day been sweetie?" He asked, a hint of concern in his voice.

"Fine," she smiled, rubbing his knee.

"That’s good. Do you guys want something to eat?"

"That'd be good," her father said.

"Yeah. Want me to get it?" Kyra asked.

"No, I was thinking of calling Frank. I'm in the mood for Cajun," he smiled, laughing, "Want to go out or cook here?"

"Oh, don't go out of your way for little old me. I'll be happy with a biscuit and a cup of coffee, honestly," her father said.

"Are you sure sir? We do have plenty to eat here it’s just that I'm just not a good cook," he laughed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'll get it. Don't worry," Kyra smiled, getting up.

Mikey nodded, "You have a beautiful daughter sir."

"Ah, well, I don't know where she gets it from. Looks a lot like my mother back in the day I guess," he chuckled as Kyra was busy making coffee and small snacks for them to eat.

Mikey smiled, while thinking about the wedding and if he should maybe ask Kyra's dad for his daughters hand in marriage like if they where really getting married. Kyra came back after ten minutes with a cup of coffee for each of them and an arrangement of chocolate biscuits from Elliot's secret stash.

"Thanks baby," he smiled, going to take a bite when he realized what he was about to eat, "Hey! I thought we were out of these? Are you holding out on me?"

"Secret," she tapped her nose.

"B...B...But I wanna know," Mikey pouted, while trying to hold in a smile.

"Let's just say, Elliot has a secret addiction."

"So not cool and to think, I was going to tell him where you hide the good chips."

Kyra fake gasped, "Don't you dare!"

"Well, I'm not now seeing as he can’t share these with me."

Kyra just laughed, "Just eat your biscuit Michael."

"Yes Mother," Mikey teased.

Kyra shook her head while her dad chuckled.

"What's so funny?" Kyra asked.

"Oh nothing. You two are just good together," he shrugged.

Mikey smiled getting up with his dishes after twenty minutes, "You done?" He asked them both.

They both nodded and Kyra excused herself, walking down to the backrom when her phone rang, "Hello?"

"Hey," Kat said once Kyra answered, frustration showing in her voice a bit.

"What's up?"

"Not much," Kat sighed, "When we get off tour, are you and Mikey going to live together?"

"Uh, I guess."

"Will you be moving or will he?" Kat asked, a hint of hope in her voice.

"I don't know," she shrugged, "Me I guess."

"Did you buy your house or rent it?"

"Buy?"

Kat smiled a big smile, thinking she might have finally found a place, "What would I have to do to get you to sell it to me or let me rent from you?"

"Ha ha. Wait. What?!"

"Yeah, remember me and Frank are moving from Jersey and no one will sell me a house or rent me an apartment," Kat sighed, "I understand if you don't want to do it. Just say so and I will go back to calling people in Alaska. Why does Frank have to be so jealous?"

"Oh, no, no. You can have it. Seriously, I was just gunna keep it with no one in it anyway."

"Are you sure? I mean, if you need it I can keep looking."

"Yeah, I'm sure. You and Frank enjoy it."

"Kyra you're a life saver. Do you want to rent it out or sell it?"

"Neither. I'm giving it to you."

"Kyra, no, I can’t do that. I have to pay you some how."

"You can! And you will. I don't need it anymore. Think of it as a new pair of jeans or something."

"But it’s not new jeans! It’s a freaking house! Seriously, you have to let me pay you something. You know Frank will be even more opposed to this then I am."

"Nope. It's yours. Don't fight me on this," she said, hanging up so her friend wouldn't have the chance to argue.

Mikey watched as Kyra came back to the room, "Is everything okay?"

"Fine. I just kinda gave my apartment away to Kat and Frank," she chuckled.

"You what?" Mikey asked, shocked.

"I gave it away. I want them to have it."

"Why do they needed it?" Mikey asked, eyebrows raised.

"Well, you know how they’re moving outta Jersey? They wanted New York so I gave them New York."

"Oh, I forgot they were moving. I figured Kat would have wanted to go to Chicago since she is working for Pete and all," Mikey shrugged.

"Frank's still jealous so that's outta the question."

Mikey let out a low chuckle, "When will that boy ever learn? You know the Bat is going to put a pretty good fight about you just giving her the place."

"Yeah? Well, I don't care."

"Of course you wouldn't. I'm on your side, besides if she does fight you I know a way to shut her up," Mikey smirked.

"Mm?"

"Just tell her its payment for.." He paused, remembering Kyra's dad was there and he didn't know if he knew about Jamie, "Never mind I will tell you later."

"Okay," Kyra shrugged.

The rest of the morning was spent catching up, with her father leaving after exchanging phone numbers and the promise he would see his daughter soon.

"Your dad seems nice. Does he know about Jamie?" Mikey asked his wife once her dad was gone.

"Yeah, I told him before he came here. I wouldn't not tell him about his grandson."

"Well, I didn't know how much you had told him or how long he was going to be around."

"It's alright Mike," she said, cleaning up a little, "What were you gunna say before?"

"I was just going to tell here to think of it as payment for babysitting Jamie since we never payed her,” Mikey shrugged, helping her clean.

"Ha ha. Good idea."

Mikey smiled, "Is your dad going to come to the show?"

"Na. He's got work since he works night or something," she shrugged.

"Oh, so where is Tweedledee and Tweedledum?" Mikey asked, joking.

"Taco Bell? I swear, they're always there. Theyre going to get fat."

"Kyra, I don't thinks it’s possible for them to get fat."

Kyra laughed, "I will laugh if they do."

"Well, while you're laughing at them I will call Jenny Craig," Mikey laughed, coming up behind Kyra and wrapping his arms around her.

"Ha ha. No, I think Max would just pay for the liposuction," she chuckled, leaning her head back and looking up at him.

"You're probably right," he kissed her head, "I love you."

"I love you too," she smiled, "Tour ends soon. I'm excited, you?"

"Yeah, I am. That means we get to get married for real. I was kind of hoping we could talk about that and your father some more?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure. There's so much to do."

Mikey smiled, "First have you decided whether we are divorcing first? If we do that then we should probably get a lawyer soon."

"I thought we decided this the other night. Mr. and Mrs. Way from now til forever?"

"Just making sure you didn't change your mind," he smiled, "Are we still going to have groom guys and bridesmaids? The whole ten yards?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world. And I thought it was the whole nine yards?"

"Probably but ten sounds even better."

"Ha ha. It does."

Mikey smiled, before getting a serious look on his face, "Kyra, baby, I don't want to upset you but I have to ask, is your dad still going to be around when we get married?"

"Uh...He should be," Kyra said, "Why baby?"

"I was wondering if you cared if I asked him for your hand in marriage since we are doing the whole ten yards?"

Kyra chuckled, "If it's what you want then fine with me."

"Well, it would only be the right thing to do, right?"

"It would," she nodded, "You going to go find him and ask him or something?"

"Well, I thought maybe I could give him a call or have you do it and meet him some where before we leave tomorrow?"

"You can do it," she smiled.

Mikey nodded. The night went without a hitch. Kyra rang her father before she went on to get a meeting for Mikey.

"Now, just be yourself. I'm sure he likes you," Kyra said, fixing her husband's jacket collar in the morning before he left.

"We'll find out soon, won’t we?" Mikey asked as he kissed his wife and headed out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I want you all to go and read my new co-written story I'm writing with my best friend.
It's an MCR one so don't worry.
Click here.
Comments are nice too for this story?