Status: Active.

And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts

"Baby, I Think We Have A Genius For A Son."

"Get up! Get the fuck up! Get the fuck up now!" Kyra shouted, lightly shaking her husband's shoulders.

"No, I don’t want bacon. Give it to the cat," Mikey mumbled, not wanting to wake up.

The two buses had arrived in New Jersey overnight, Kyra having been up ever since the bus engine stopped humming. She had gotten up and had something to eat before getting ready and doing what she was currently doing, shaking her husband to get up to go see their son.

"We don't have a cat! Now, get up!"

"Wait, what?" Mikey asked, finally awake.

"Get up! We're going to see Jamie! Get your ass dressed!" She said, getting off him.

Mikey jumped up, hitting his head. He rubbed his head and mumbled a few profanities while he put on a pair of jeans and a fresh tee shirt, "Ready."

Kyra laughed, "C'mon! I'll race you!" She said, already off the bus and running off down the street. Mikey shook his head before chasing after her. They ran at the same pace as each other, both very excited to see their son. They ran the whole distance, stopping only at his parent's front door to catch their breath for a few moments.

He raised his hand that had formed into and fist and knocked on the door, waiting for someone to come open it.

Kyra watched as his mother opened the door, "Michael James Way!" His mother scolded.

"Yes mother?" He asked, backing up just a bit.

"Why weren't you here sooner! Of course, I don't blame you Kyra dear, it's good to finally have you an official member of the family," she said sternly before softening her tone when she talked to Kyra.

"Mom! Blame Bob! We had to drop him off at the airport," Mikey muttered.

"No, I will not blame sweet Robert."

"Fine then, how about your other son? Blame him."

"Oh Gerard," she gushed, going to hug them, "Where is he?"

"Who knows. Last we saw, he was sulking because Frank is not fun to feel up anymore," Mikey shrugged, hugging his mother.

"You shouldn't talk of such things Michael," she scolded, pulling him inside by his ear while Kyra was desperately trying not to laugh.

"But Mom,” he whined, “It’s true! You should see them on stage. It’s so sad. I mean, Frank’s married," Mikey said, laughing while trying to wiggle away.

"I suppose it must be. I'm guessing you're here for one thing in particular?"

"More like a person rather then a thing," Mikey beamed.

"Alright," she chuckled, "Let me go get him," his mother said walking off.

Mikey smiled, bringing Kyra into his arms, "Welcome home."

Kyra chuckled, "I'm always home when I'm with you."

Mikey nodded, his attention firmly set on something else. He could see his mother walking down the hall with Jamie in her arms. He had changed so much over the last few months that they hadn‘t seen him. He had sprouted up like a weed, with his whole body being longer that was topped off with the dark brown hair that had obviously grown with the front bit near his forehead having a small flick to right side of his face.

"Jamie!" Kyra beamed, taking her son from her husband's mother.

Mikey just smiled watching the two as he waited his turn to hold his son.

He gurgled before saying "Ma," and poking her chin.

She smiled, "That's right," Kyra kept smiling and kissed his forehead.

"Hey son," Mikey said, not being able to wait anymore, stroking his hair then kissing his head.

Kyra carefully handed him over to Mikey, who instantly starting playing with him and talking to him. The bassist had missed this so much, just enjoying the elementary things with his son. Mikey listened to his mother and Kyra talk as he played with Jamie then the doorbell rang and Kyra joined in on the playing.

Mikey's mother went and answered the door, "Oh my, Gerard!" She gushed.

"Hi Mom," Gerard chuckled.

"My boys are back under the same roof as me. I'm so happy," his mother said, hugging Gerard.

Gerard hugged his mother back, "Mikes and Ky are here already?"

She nodded, closing the door.

Gerard walked in to the front room to see Kyra and his brother, both on the floor playing with Jamie, "Wish I had a camera."

"Aren't they just gorgeous?" His mother smiled, standing next to Gerard.

"Yeah, they are. Look at them both glow."

"You'll have that glow one day too, Gerard. I just know it."

"Yeah, right. I don't see it happening Mom," he scoffed.

"It will. Just give it time."

Gerard nodded walking in to the kitchen and making coffee.

His mother sighed, worried for her son, "Do you two want some coffee? Gerard is making some," she asked the husband and wife.

"Gee's here?" Mikey asked, while kindly declining the coffee.

"Yeah, came about ten minutes ago," she said, calling out to Gerard that Kyra would like some coffee.

"Oh," Mikey said, going back to playing with his son.

"Thanks Gee," Kyra smiled, taking the cup of coffee from Gerard.

"No problem, you glad to be back?" Gerard asked, sipping the dark liquid and watching Mikey.

"Yeah, definitely."

"Me too. But I will be more happy to get back to L.A. When you guys heading back to New York?"

"L.A? Dating Wentz or something?" She chuckled.

"Oh yes, I so am and Ashlee is okay with it," he joked.

"Knew it!"

"I just hope Frank will be okay when he finds out. We all know how he feels about Wentz."

"Watch out Gee. He's gunna be devastated."

"Well I'm bad with break up, so can you do it for me?" He teased.

"Oh alright," she finished her coffee.

Kyra went and washed her cup out before coming back and sitting on the floor while Jamie pulled himself up, standing while holding onto the small table.

"Mom, how long has he been doing that?" Mikey asked, amazed at his son.

"Not long, a week or so. He'll be walking soon," she said.

"I can’t believe how much we have missed. Is there anything else we should know about?" Mikey asked, overjoyed.

"Ask him where his nose is."

"Jamie, can you show daddy your nose?" He asked the young child.

Jamie glanced around, putting his hand on his nose, "Nooose."

"That’s right son. You're very smart. Daddy missed you."

Jamie started squatting down and up, "What about teeth? Do you have teeth yet Jamie?" Kyra asked.

He looked at her confused, so Kyra pointed at her own teeth, "Teeth," she explained.

Jamie looked at her, still confused before putting his hand in his mouth, "Teeeeeefff."

"Baby, I think we have a genius for a son," Mikey said, obviously proud that he had inherited some sort of brains.

Kyra laughed, nodding, "Arm?" She asked, to be met with her son touching his own arm

"Can you say Uncle Gee-gee?" Gerard asked, now sitting in a chair.

"Eee," he pointed his arm at his uncle.

Mikey just laughed at the way his son said his brother’s name.

"No, it's Gee," he smiled.

"Eeee," he kept pointing.

"Gee, just give up for now. He's not even a year old yet," Mikey explained.

"Fine," Gerard huffed, "Can you say Kyra?"

"Eeera," Jamie gurgled.

"What about Mikey?"

Jamie just looked at Gerard and shook his head.

"Gerard! Leave him alone before you give him a brain overload."

"I'm just playing. Oh Jamie, can you say photomontage? Pho-to-mon-taagee," he said slowly.

Mikey smacked Gerard, "Why do you have to be that way to little kids?"

"What!? It's a picture made up of different photographs."

The bassist just rolled his eyes at his brother.

"So can you say it Jamie? Photomontage?" Gerard asked.

"Foootoo," Jamie said, the rest of the word being lost as he mumbled.

"Now Jamie, can you say Eee is a douche for daddy?" Mikey asked, laughing.

"KYRA! MIKEY'S SAYING NO GOOD WORDS TO JAMIE!" Gerard called out.

Kyra came in and picked up her son, "What are you guys teaching him?"

"I just asked if he could call Gee a douche. Nothing wrong or bad about it," Mikey said innocently.

"Did he say it?"

"Nope, Gee yelled for you too fast."

Kyra rolled her eyes and went to walk out of the room with her son in her arms.

"Oooch," Jamie raised his arm at Gerard.

Mikey just laughed at the whole situation, finding it funny. He watched as the young child was carried out, looking back at him and Gerard. Mikey happily sighed, loving being what he was. A husband and a father.
♠ ♠ ♠
Even though it's two A.M here, I just finished this and had to post!
Clicks for Jamie for already bagging out his Uncle!