Status: Active.

And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts

I'll Huff And Puff And Blow Your Lives Apart.

After each mouthful of food, the baby smiled at his mother. She returned the smile, with her full attention devoted to him. Jamie looked away and over to the door when Mikey came in. The blonde, of course, was too wrapped up in her son to notice his presence.

"Baby, what do you want to eat?" Mikey asked, standing at the door way.

Kyra shrugged, making 'O' shapes with her lips as she fed Jamie so he would do the same.

"Me and Gee were thinking Chinese. That cool with you?"

"Okay," she said, paying more attention to her son.

Mikey and Gerard soon left to get the food and also stop at the store for their mother while Kyra cleaned up the mess she had made as well as cleaning Jamie up. She carried her son up to Mikey's old room, where they set up Jamie's crib. "This used to be your daddy's old room. Did you know that?" She smiled, looking down at her son who was looking up at her.

Her attention then turned to reading him a story. Jamie sat happily in her lap, watching the pages turn and looking at the bright illustrations of the book.

Mikey and Gerard finally got back an hour with cold Chinese and everything they where supposed to get from the store, since they forgot to go to the store so they had to double back, "Baby, we're home!" Mikey called.

Kyra didn't hear them come in, she was too caught up with Jamie and the story. Her son seemed to be enjoying it, with Kyra doing different voices for each character.

"I'll go get them, you set the table," Mikey told his brother while going to find his wife and son.

Gerard rolled his eyes and went to set the table.

"Then the big bad wolf said, "I'll huff and puff and blow your house down!" Kyra said while Mikey stood at the door, trying his best not to laugh.

"Cute voice baby, but it’s dinner time," he smirked.

Kyra kissed her son's forehead before setting him down in his crib, following Mikey out of the room and down to kitchen table where Gerard had already piled the plates high with food.

"So are you having fun reading to our son?" Mikey asked, starting to wolf down his food.

"Mmhm," she nodded.

"So when are you guys going back to N.Y?" Gerard asked, obviously the more civilised of the brothers as he ate quickly also but not in such an obvious manner.

"Well, we should probably go move my stuff then come back here for Christmas and Jamie's birthday", Kyra shrugged, "But not sure exactly."

The trio then ate in silence for a while. Sitting in their small triangle formation around the table was peaceful. Kyra and Mikey sat opposite each other while Gerard sat at the end of the table. The two brother’s parents had already eaten and their father had gone out while their mother was reading peacefully in her room.

"We have weird friends," Mikey noted, finishing off his food at the same time as Gerard.

Kyra nodded, eating slowly. She still had the majority food on her plate since she was too busy talking and wasn't that hungry.

"You alright Kyra? You’ve hardly eaten," Gerard asked.

"Oh, fine," she nodded again, moving the rice randomly with her fork.

"Ky, moving rice doesn't count as eating and you know that."

Kyra put a single grain on her fork and put it in her mouth, "Happy?"

"Kyra Lee Way, why do you always have to be a smart ass?" Gerard asked.

"It runs in the family," she said simply, still playing with the rice.

"Yeah, it does sadly. Jamie's going to beat us all when he gets older," Mikey chuckle.

"You know-" Kyra said, pulling out her phone, "Hey Kat," she answered, still at the table and playing with her dinner.

"Kyra, it’s not Kat. It’s Frank and I need to tell you something important, can you talk?"

"Uh, yeah I guess. Gee and Mike are telling me that moving rice doesn't count as eating. So shoot."

"For the record, that doesn’t," he sighed, "So, when me and Kat got home, her parents were there. We threw them out then got a strange note that said 'give us what we want or pay.' A few hours later, my car was set on fire and another note was left saying, 'give us one thousand dollars or we're going after your friends with the baby."

"What!? Are you serious?"

"Of course I am. Would I call and tell you this if I wasn’t?"

"Well, it could be a joke. You're hardly ever serious."

"Kyra, my car was set on fire and Kat wont speak. We're on our way to my parents’. Do you still think I am playing?"

"Oh crap. You are serious. Wanna speak to Mike? Gee?"

"Well, I kind of figured you could tell them. Kat’s hyperventilating and saying we need to check the brakes."

"Okay, okay. I'll tell them. Say hi to Kat, yeah?"

Frank looked at Kat and told her, "Eyes on the road or pull over and let me check the brakes!” She practically yelled.

Frank sighed, "She sends her love."

Kyra chuckled, "Of course she does. I'll let you go. Thanks for the heads up."

"Yeah, not a problem. See you on moving day."

Kyra hung the phone up, "Kat and Frank got threatened with a strange note then his car was on fire then they got another letter asking for money or they're coming after their friends with the baby and now they're on their way to Frank's parent's place," Kyra said in one breath.

"WHAT?" Mikey and Gerard both yelled.

"Please don't make me repeat it."

"And you’re sure these two aren’t playing around?" Mikey asked.

"I don't think so. Kat sounded frantic in the background."

"Before the note, did anything else weird happen?" Gerard asked.

"He didn't say so."

"You’re sure? Had Kat pissed anyone off lately?" Mikey asked this time.

Kyra shrugged, "I don't know. I'm not hungry anymore," she said, pushing her plate full of food forward.

"It’s fine, baby. I'm not either. Where is Jamie at now?" Mikey asked as Gerard just sat there thinking.

"Up in his crib," she sighed.

"Care if I bring him down here?" Mikey questioned while Gerard looked at Kyra, "Can you call Frank back and ask him if anything happened before they got the note?"

"Yeah, go ahead," she told her husband before ringing back Frank.

"Hello?" Frank answered while watching his wife.

"Hey, Gee wants to know if anything happened before you guys got the note?"

"I threw Kat’s parents out and they yelled through the door for about twenty minutes, why?"

Kyra told Gee while still on the phone.

"Interesting," he sighed, "Kyra, didn't you guys get a note from Sophie threatening you once?" He asked after a second of thinking.

"Yeah, we did."

"Wait, why did Frank throw out Kats parents?"

Kyra asked Frank before telling Gerard the answer.

"Oh, umm, because they told her that shit on the phone on our wedding and Kat said if they didn't leave she would take matter in to her own hands. And a watch and a DVD player came up missing," Frank told Kyra.

She told Gerard what Frank said, becoming tired of repeating what the other was saying.

"Well, Kyra does he need anything else? Because I would like to start driving again now that Kat has changed the brakes."

Kyra looked at Gee, who shook his head, "Nope."

"No, he doesn't need anything else."

"Okay, well, now that my wife deems the car safe, I think I will hang up and drive the last mile to my parents."

"Kay. Bye," she said hanging up.

Mikey came down with Jamie, "What’s going on?"

"Kat's parents, threats, taking matters into own hands," Kyra sighed.

"Kat didn't kill them, did she?" Mikey asked, eyes as big as a sauce pan.

"No, no."

Mikey went to say something when Gerard beat him to it, "I know who it is."

"Who?" Kyra asked, glancing between the brothers.

"Well, you got a letter from a pissed off Sophie and Kat’s parents are obviously pissed because she married Frank. I'm almost positive Frank and Kat talked about this around Sophie so I would say she has Kats’ parents helping her ruin the band and the lives of the people in it," Gerard said getting a cookie and giving it to Jamie.

Kyra watched her son grip the cookie and just suck on the edge, she sighed and put her head on the table.

"Kyra, baby, do we call the cops or what?" Mikey asked.

"I don't know," she mumbled.

"Has anyone told Kat and Frank who think it is?" Mikey sighed, wondering just what they were going to do.

Kyra held her tongue, trying her hardest not to yell at Mikey and blame him for the whole thing since he dated Sophie, "They think it's her parent's I think," she said quickly.

"Kyra, baby, I'm so sorry."

"Why are you apologizing to me? It's not my parent's who are after me," she muttered, head still on the table.

"No, but if Gee's right and Sophie got to Kat’s mom and dad, then it does become my fault, doesn't it?"

"Right. Of course it's your fault. I mean, you warn me about letting people in but the rule obviously mustn't apply to you since you dated a complete nutcase. God Michael, did you even think of your son?" She hissed.

"No, you know what? I didn't Kyra! I made a fucking mistake because I was trying to get over you and make a better life for our son because you were too busy drinking to realize what he needed," Mikey snapped.

"Well, then why the hell-"

"How bout I take Jamie? C'mon Jamie, let's go play," Gerard said, taking him off his brother and walking away.

"Well, then why the hell would you do that? Did you even know what you were getting yourself into?" Kyra snapped back.

'"No, Kyra, I didn't. I’m only human. I made a damn mistake and obviously you can’t be forgiving."

"I can be but not when you go and put our son's life in danger!"

"Who’s to say its even her? Gerard is probably wrong! And you put his life in danger all the damn time! Hell, you weren’t even around to be a mother. So maybe I shouldn't be forgiving of you either."

"Fine. You know what? Since I'm such a lousy mother, friend and daughter, I'm probably going to be an even worse wife! So why waste your time marrying me?" She snapped, taking off the band and shoving the ring into his chest before walking off.

Mikey got up and went after her, "Baby, come on! Don't do this to me! You know I didn't mean half that shit. I love you. Please don't do this."

"You can't say something and not mean it Michael! It doesn't work like that," she said, walking around the house while deciding in her mind what she was going to do.

"Kyra, you know I only said those things out of anger and maybe I meant them a little but it was only because you were drinking. Please don't leave me."

"Too late!" She raised her voice, going through her suitcases that had been brought over earlier.

"Holy shit! Would you two look at yourselves!? No wonder why the judge gave our parents custody of Jamie. Grow up and take responsibility for what you've both done,” Gerard yelled at them both as he came out of the kitchen with a jar of baby food.

"Stay out of it Gerard," Kyra hissed, putting on the black trench coat she had found.

"Kyra, don't yell at him! He's only trying to get us to stop fighting but that’s not going to happen, so I think I'm going for a walk," Mikey said.

"No, no. You stay. It's your parent's house so I'll leave," she huffed, walking out the door before he even got a chance to stop her, disappearing to the old park.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two in one night!
Boo-ya!
Comments, please and thank-you.