Status: Active.

And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts

Hysteria.

Forty-eight hours to get the money or else. Or else? Or else someone was supposedly going to die. Or else they were going to burn down houses. Mikey had gotten the call from Frank, who was as gullible as ever, and believed his friend. He could hear Kat in the background, yelling but she was to hysteric to understand. Mikey hung up and dialled Kyra’s number.

She, on the other hand, had just finished packing up a few boxes of her belongings and put them in the car. Her body has a few bruises from the fall but they could be easily hidden. Kyra pulled her cell out, "Hey sweetie, I'm just driving. Can I call you back?"

"Get home now," Mikey said in a stern yet scared voice.

"Baby, what's going on?"

"Baby, just please, get the hell home fast," Mikey pleaded while going to get Jamie.

"Uh...okay?"

"Please, please, please hurry."

"Okay, I should be back soon. Kinda stuck in traffic."

"Swerve in and out, okay? Just please, get here ASAP. It’s important."

"Alright, alright. Just chill," she muttered under her breath.

"Kyra, this is very serious. Oh, by any chance do you know how much Pete pays Kat and how much did you make from this tour?" Mikey asked trying to calm down.

"You're scaring me. Just calm down. I'll be home in a few," she said, hanging up.

Mikey stood by the door, waiting on his wife with Jamie in one hand while trying to think if he would give money to give to who ever these people were. Kyra pulled up a few minutes later, getting the few boxes she got from her apartment and carried them inside.

Mikey wrapped her in a huge hug, "I’m so happy you’re home."

"I wasn't gone that long," she chuckled.

"Baby, we have a problem. Frank and Kat got a phone call from these people," Mikey sighed walking to the living room and sitting on the couch.

"And?" Kyra asked, starting to sort through the boxes.

"I'm guessing they told all this to Kat because she is in hysterics but Frank said they said we have forty-eight hours to get the money from each of us or someone is going to die and if we go to the cops they will burn down Kat and Frank’s house,“ Mikey sighed, telling her everything.

Kyra chuckled, "So they're going to kill someone if they don’t get $4000?"

"Yeah, and Kat knows who the person is but she's not telling anyone. So, do you have a thousand dollars?"

"I shouldn't be laughing. But God! They are dumb!" She laughed.

"Kyra, people have killed for less and something tells me there is more than just money to this. We just don't know all of it yet."

“Okay, okay. How much do they want?”

"Right now, just a thousand from each of us. Said they would call back with a drop off spot. I've got the money and I know Frank does, do you?"

"Of course I do, I do have a job."

"What about Kat? Do you think Pete pays her enough for her to have it?"

"Probably," she shrugged.

"So what do we do? Give them the money that we think we all have, or wait and see what they do?"

"Ugh, seriously, I'll just pay the $4000 dollars myself soon."

“No Kyra, if they say we each have to pay that probably means they want us alone or they are watching us. Besides that’s too much cash for you to pay alone."

Kyra laughed, "You don't know how much your wife is worth, do you?"

"My wife is priceless, but she still isn’t paying that much money out."

"It's not that much! Honestly, it just means a few less pairs of shoes that I could throw at Frank. Frank would be happy."

"No, Frank would be pissed because you paid his half and you know Kat would be too. And I'm not letting you pay my way."

"You three are just going to have to deal with it. I'm doing it whether you like it or not."

"No Kyra, trust me. Something tells me this is a set up for something bad. Call Kat first and see if she has the cash."

"What do you mean a set up?" Kyra asked, folding up a jacket that was in one of the boxes.

"They want us all to have a thousand dollars which means we're all going to have to go alone and as frantic as Kat was, I don't think she told Frank everything," he sighed.

"This is crazy," she muttered.

"Yeah, I know it is. You haven’t got any calls or anything have you?"

"No," Kyra told him, not wanting to go into the whole stair incident.

"This is all my fault, so stupid," Mikey muttered to himself.

"No, it's not baby. You didn't know," she said, sitting next to him.

"Still baby, I'm always telling you to be careful and I'm the one who went and screwed it all up."

"It's okay. You're just trying to look out for me. Stop blaming yourself."

"Look how good that turned out! I put you, our son and two best friends lives in danger."

"Listen to me Michael and listen to me good, we're not in danger because nothing is going to happen."

"Kyra, they threatened to kill someone and because Kat's too upset she won’t say who. How do you say there’s no danger?"

"Somebody's gotta be optimistic," she lightly smiled.

"Yeah I guess so, can you call Kat and try and get her to tell you if she has the money or if she knows who it is?"

"Alright," she said, getting up and bending over to pick up something that fell from the table. It took her a few moments to realise her hoodie and shirt had gone up and what her husband's ex given her earlier. Kyra quickly pulled down the back of the shirt and walked off to call her friend.

Mikey had seen the bruises but decided not to say anything. He knew Kyra would tell him eventually, or at least he hoped she would.

Kyra went up to the bedroom and shut the door before sitting in the middle of the bed and dialling her friend's number.

"F...Frank, give me my phone. I have to talk to her," Kat said, it was barley audible, but Frank gave her the phone any way, "H-H-Hello?"

"Kat, what's going on? Mikey's being more of a freak than usual."

"It’s bad, he should be freaking,” she said sniffing, "Kyra, have you seen Sophie any where in N.Y?"

"No. Why? Why would she be?"

"Because she is who called me. She told me she was there," She sighed, letting a single tear go down her cheek, "She has y-y-y-your dad and my sister’s k-k-k-kids..."

"What?"

"Your dad and my sister's kids. She took them and if we don't p-p-pay her and my parents, one of them will die," Kat broke in to a small sob. She was upset and plotting a murder at the same time.

"Hang on. Let me call you back," Kyra said, hanging up her phone, before ringing her father's cell and Kat back, "She's lying. She doesn't have them," she blurted out.

"You’re sure?"

"Well, I rang my Dad and he's at his friend's house watching football or something. He wasn't lying either, I talked to nearly everyone in that room probably. He wanted everyone to know who I was," she chuckled.

Kat went from sad to down right pissed off, Sophie made her look like a fool, "Kyra, I swear to go I'm going to kill her."

"She's not worth it anyway," she mumbled.

"Kyra, I feel like a fool. Just please, be safe. She said she was in N.Y and I know she knows where both apartments are."

"I know, I know. I don't think Mike's going to let me out of his sight."

"I should have just given my parents money that day Frank kicked them out," Kat sighed, kind of talking to herself.

"I hate Sophie," she sighed.

"So do I. You guys should just let me kill her or hire this guy I know, who may know a mob guy."

"I think Mike might actually let you."

"Kill her or hire someone?"

"Both. He just keeps thinking this is all his fault."

"Tell him to stop that or I will kill him too. If it’s anyone’s fault, it’s mine."

"I keep telling him it's not his fault but you know what he's like."

"Yeah I know, men are so stubborn."

"Exactly. So what are you guys doing?"

"Well, Frank is making me some hot chocolate because I spent the last two hours freaking out and I am talking to you and trying to re-do my eye liner, you guys?"

"Talking to you. Don't know what Mikes is doing. Probably with Jamie."

"Probably, that or bubble wrapping your house," she chuckled.

"Ha, or getting ready to secretly put a tracking device on me."

"Oh Kyra, he did that a few years ago. I helped him install them. Frank has one too,“ she joked.

"I knew it," she chuckled, "You're crazy. I better go, make sure he hasn't decided to play makeover with our son," Kyra chuckled, coming out from the bedroom.

"Yeah, you go do that. I need to explain to Frank why I was so freaked."

"Okay, bye sweetie," Kyra said, hanging up and going to check on the two boys.

Mikey was playing with Jamie when Kyra came back.

"Hey," she smiled, "What are you guys playing?"

"We're playing poke daddy in the nose."

"How's that working out?"

"Good for him, not so good for me."

Kyra chuckled and sat next to him on the floor, "It sounds like fun. I wanna play too," she said, trying not to laugh as she poked him.

Mikey poked her back, "Now it’s fun," Mikey was laughing but stopped when Jamie poked them both in the nose.

"You're no fun Jamie," Kyra laughed.

"Don't tell him that."

"Oh well, I just did and we won't be needing any of that money anymore."

"Oh yeah and why not?" Mikey asked raising an eyebrow while watching Jamie poke Kyra's cheek.

"Turns out Kat thought Sophie took my dad and her sister's kids hostage but I actually rang my dad and he's watching the game with his friends which ultimately causes it to be a lie."

"Well, about your dad, yes, but what about Kat’s sister's kids? That could still very well be true."

"No, I'm sure it's a lie. Kat's probably ringing her sister now."

"So, then what? We just wait and see what they do?"

"I guess. Kat told me that Sophie told her that she was in New York too."

"What? Is she sure?"

"It's true. This ones not a lie."

"How do you know?"

Kyra sighed, "Don't freak and don't blame yourself, okay?"

"Okay."

"When I went to my apartment, she may have been there, she may have pushed me down the stairs, nothing big."

"So that’s where the bruises came from? Why didn't you tell me when I asked if you had received any calls or anything?" Mikey asked keeping calm.

"Yeah and I don't know. You seemed freaked out enough already."

"I swear I'm going to get someone to kill that crazy woman."

"No, no you're not. That just makes you as bad as her."

"I didn't say I would be the one to do it but I said I will find someone to do it or maybe get her locked up."

"She's not even worth it."

"Kyra, I will not let her torture us like this. We should go to the cops, you could press charges."

"I don't want to."

"Why not?"

"Because she's not worth it. It's as simple as that."

"Kyra, do you want her to keep stalking us? She needs to be locked up somewhere so she can get help."

"I'm not changing my mind."

"So you’re going to let her keep stalking us? What if you had had Jamie with you when she pushed you, huh? What if next time you run into her, she hurts you worse, then what?"

"Drop it Mikey. Just drop it," Kyra sighed, running a hand through her hair.

"Yeah, whatever," Mikey said, standing up and walking to the kitchen.

Kyra stayed with Jamie, playing little hand games. Kyra was right, Kat did try to call her sister but she got no answer. The next phone call she got was telling her to drop the money off in central park. Kat agreed saying she had the money and Kyra would be with her but of course she was lying through her teeth. Mikey came back in the room about five minutes later, "Sorry baby," he said sitting back in the floor beside her.

"It's alright," she said, teaching Jamie how to give high five's.

"What should we do for the rest the night?" Mikey asked.

"I don't know, feed mini-Way, feed ourselves then I have no idea."

"Mini-Way?" He asked, eyebrows raised.

"I meant Jamie," she chuckled. After a while, Kyra picked her son up, "C'mon, Mommy will make you some dinner," and went off to the kitchen.

Mikey just sat there thinking, wondering why Kyra wouldn't go to the police but gave up thinking and went to go make some dinner for himself and Kyra..

"You don't like the whole aeroplane spoon thing do you Jamie? It's really lame, trust me," Kyra told him while happily feeding him, "You're gunna be cool kid. I can tell. With daddy's looks and mommy's loudness, you're going to own all those kids on the playground," she chuckled.

"Kyra, stop filling his head with those things. If he turns out like me, then he will end up an outcast."

"But he's going to have my personality. I can tell."

"Yeah, so he will end up hanging with the outcast but being invited to all the good parties, right?"

"Probably."

“You’re going to so be like your mother, but with my good looks," Mikey chuckled.

"Oh my god, Mikey. Come, come here quick," she pretended shocked, looking over her son.

"WHAT?" He turned around and rushed over to the pair.

"Is that a blonde hair?" She pointed randomly in his brown hair.

Mikey sighed, "Yes baby, now please don't scare me like that."

Kyra laughed, "You should have seen your face!"

"That was not funny."

"It was very funny," she smirked, walking off to put her son down for the night.

Mikey just shook his head and went back to his cooking. Kyra read him a quick story, coming back ten minutes later, "Whatcha making?" She asked, propping herself up on the bench.

"Italian chick, mashed potatoes, corn and gravy."

"You've been watching those cooking shows again, haven't you?" She play scolded.

"Why yes honey, I have, and it’s a good thing since you’re going to be leaving soon."

"Don't want you surviving off instant ramen while I'm gone," Kyra smiled.

"And why not? That stuff is so good, not as good as the real stuff from Japan of course."

"There's hardly any nutritional value in those things. You know that."

"Duh, that’s why they’re so good."

"So while I'm gone, I'm guessing you're going to watch more off those cooking shows?"

"Well, I was but now that I think about it, instant ramen sounds better than cooking every night," he smirked.

"I was expecting you to cook for me every night," Kyra asked, play shocked.

"Well for you, yes, but when you’re gone not so much."

"Fine with me," Kyra shrugged, going over to the fridge to get a drink, "Drink?"

"Nah, I kicked the habit a long time ago," he joked.

"Okay, fine more for me," she said, getting a soda out.

"You're no fun."

"How long's dinner going to be? I need to call Pete."

"The chicken will be done in about twenty minutes. What do you need to call Pete for?" Mikey asked, being nosy.

"Just checking the last confirmations of tour. You know, like where we're going, staying. Stuff like that."

"Oh dang, I thought it was some good gossip, tell him I said hi."

She chuckled, walking off to ring Pete. Mikey continued to cook warming everything else up seeing as the chicken was almost done. Kyra finished up on the phone exactly 20 minutes later, coming back into the kitchen. As Kyra came out, Mikey was placing the plates on the table.

"Smells good baby," she kissed his cheek.

"Hopefully it tastes good," he said, quickly pecking her lips and running to his seat.

Kyra smiled and shook her head as she sat down. Mikey began to eat slowly, happy his dinner turned out so well.

"I'm impressed baby. It's actually good," she complimented after a few mouthfuls.

"Well, thank you, though I think you cook better."

"No, this is good."

"Yes but yours is much better. But at least mine didn't burn."

"I like yours better."

"Well thank you baby."

She nodded and finished off the rest of her dinner, "Oh! You know what would be fun to do after dinner?"

"What"

"We should start to plan our wedding."

”That’s a great idea!”

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," Mikey said finishing the last of his food, "So since I cooked, does that mean you’re doing the dishes?"

"You made the mess," she smirked.

"So? I always did the dishes for you. Okay, well, not always. Sometimes I got Max or E to do it but still, it’s only fair," he pouted.

"Alright, alright. Fine. I'll help. I'll wash and you can dry."

"YAY!"

She laughed as she got up and started to clean. Kyra made quick work of the cleaning of the dishes with Mikey drying them, "Okay, okay. C'mon," she said, dragging her husband into the living room by his arm

"You know, you don't have to drag me. I can walk."

""This ways more fun. Sit," she pointed at the carpet in the living room while getting one of the boxes, "Lucky I kept this from the Iero wedding," she muttered, searching through the box.

"What? Did you still Kat’s wedding books or something?"

"No, these were just all the things we collected before she made final decisions and stuff," she said, pulling out a bunch of flyers/information books/pamphlets and dumping them in a large pile.

"Wow, I can’t believe you kept all of that."

"Neither can I."

"I always knew you where a little weird."

"You love it," she shrugged, "So did we decide on in or out?"

"No idea, since we both said both would be nice. What month will you be getting back from tour?"

"February. I'm thinking late May or early June."

"Well, if it’s May or June, it should be pretty warm out, so then outside would be an option. Or we could do part inside part outside," he shrugged.

"That'd work. Jersey I'm guessing?"

"Sure, if that’s where you want to have it."

"It's up to you."

"No, it’s up to us. Jersey is fine with me if that’s where you want to have it."

"Jersey it is," she quickly pecked his lips.

"Oh I still need to ask Max and E to be groom guys. I never did that."

The next few hours were spent with Kyra running through what she liked but then what she also liked but wouldn’t work with the first thing she liked. Mikey was trying to help the best he could but it was just too cute watching her fuss over what she did and didn't like, "So who do we invite?"

Kyra then just started babbling off around twenty names a minute and why they should get invited.

"Kyra, baby, slow down. I get it. You want like every band you know there. We'll just send the invite to the record label."

"But then we'll have that really crabby secretary I met when I first met Pete and Patrick."

"Well, then why not ask Pete to give the invitations out?"

"Mike, our wedding is going to be ruined," she sighed, leaning against him.

"Why do you say that, baby?"

"Frank Iero and Brendon Urie."

"Baby, it wont be that bad. We'll hire Kat as a hit woman and tell her to not give them sugar, okay?"

"That won't work. I just know it."

"Are you saying Kat would let her husband ruin your wedding?"

"No, I'm saying she'll try her best but that won't be enough to stop both of them."

"What’s so bad about this Brendon guy anyway?"

"Imagine Frank, take away a few years, add the ego all lead singers get, plus the constant need to energize himself for each show and there's your answer."

"Oh my god, he is like a Frank, Gee and Pete cocktail? This will be bad."

"Exactly."

"Maybe we shouldn't invite him," Mikey giggled.

"No, we better," she yawned, "C'mon, let's go sleep and we'll finish this later."

Mikey nodded, helping Kyra clean up the stuff in the floor before going to change and get ready for bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
You know the drill.