Status: Active.

And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts

He Subconsciously Misses Her.

Christmas came and went, but the white winter snow remained on the ground. The young child’s birthday also came around with Michael and Kyra being the proudest parents around since their son decided to start walking by himself at his own party.

As he always liked to do at his grandmother’s house, he stood up using the coffee table as his support, “Dada,” he gurgled.

Mikey smiled, turning his attention away from his conversation with Gerard to his son.

"Dada..." he stated again as he swayed like a little drunk man.

His father got on the floor on his knees, “C’mere cuddle monkey.” It was quite an embarrassing nickname for him to have but James was at the age where he wanted to be held, but continue to climb up over everyone’s shoulder much like a monkey would do.

James slowly put one foot in front of the other and swayed a little then moved his other foot. Mikey was nervous. He kept wanting to reach out and help him every time he swayed, but at the same time he didn’t. Kyra just watched with a smile on her face. Finally, Jamie started to walk a little faster and walked right to Mikey. Everyone laughed and cheered as he hugged his father the best he could.

Two days later and it was time for Kyra to leave for tour. Mikey had taken Jamie to the park to give Kyra a chance to pack without both of them annoying her. She packed quickly, and went to her plan of leaving hidden notes around the house, telling him how much she loved him, spraying her side of the bed with the perfume she always wore and if Mikey was lucky enough, he would come across a few DVDs of her singing songs and just randomly talking. She waited by the door with her bags for them to come back so it didn't give him a chance to discover what she had done

Mikey and Jamie got back soon to see Kyra was packed and ready to go. He gave her Jamie in exchange for her bags and took them to the car.

"Now, remember, while I'm gone, give your daddy trouble. Keep him on his toes. We don't want him slacking off," she smiled causing Jamie to giggle.

"Oh, ha ha, Kyra, very funny," Mikey smirked.

She smiled sweetly before putting Jamie in his car seat, "Seriously though, keep him on his feet," she whispered before kissing his forehead and going to the passenger side.

"Did you pack your laptop?"

"Sure did," she nodded.

"I love you."

"I love you too Mikes. The next few weeks are just gunna fly bye."

"I hope so."

"It will, trust me," she smiled as they drove the rest of the way in silence.

Once they got there, Mikey opened the car door for Kyra and then got Jamie out. Kyra had her laptop bag over one shoulder while she pulled the small suitcase along behind her. They’d reached the required terminal gate soon after.

"So, are me and Jamie the goodbye party?" Mikey asked.

"Mmhmm," she squeaked out, her eyes already starting to tear.

"Baby, don't cry. It will be fine, remember? It’s going to fly by."

"That was just to make you feel better," she said, wiping her eyes.

"Well, if you keep crying I'm going to start crying and do you want Jamie to see us both cry?" Mikey asked, wiping her eyes for her.

She bit her lip and chuckled, shaking her head, "I-"

"Kyra, Pete didn't tell us you were coming!" the familiar voice of Nate Novarro called.

Soon enough, all of Cobra Starship were over with them, "Sorry," Kyra sighed.

Mikey just watched for a second, "How long till your plane leaves, baby?"

"You can already board now," Vicky T said, "Want me to take Jamie so you can say your byes?"

Mikey looked at his wife for the answer, not sure if he should give Jamie away so easily to someone. Kyra gave a brief nod, with Vicky already cooing over him causing him to smile even before she was holding him. Mikey smiled at the woman, who he assumed was a member of the band, and handed her Jamie.

"Oh cool! Kyra's kid!" Gabe exclaimed once Vicky took him over to where Cobra Starship were. They all started playing with him.

"They're a great band," she smiled.

"So, maybe you could introduce them to me? And I could meet the pool boy," Mikey said, bursting with laughter while hugging her.

"Of course," she smiled, hugging him tightly, taking in his smell.

"Are you sure we can’t go? I'll get Kat and Frank to watch the house."

"Mike, we talked about this. This is something I have to do by myself at least once. Next tour, I'm bringing you as my hostage."

"But what if I am on tour next time? And I was just playing, baby."

"You guys aren't doing another record for a while, remember?"

"Yeah I know, but I told you I'm starting my own band," Mikey teased.

"And me and Jamie told you that was going to fail," she said, kissing him.

Mikey kissed back, wrapping his arms around her in a very passionate kiss.

"Ooh get a room!" Gabe called out.

"I can’t! She won’t let me on the plane with her," Mikey called back.

"C'mon, I'll introduce you," she smiled, going over and introducing him to each member.

Mikey smiled at each of them, laughing at how well Jamie liked them, "Baby, who else will be with you on tour?"

"Fall Out, these losers and maybe another band. I have no clue," Kyra smiled, getting Jamie back as the others went to board the plane

"Well, since she didn't show up, don't forget to get Kat autographs. What does she do with those things anyway?"

Kyra shrugged, saying her goodbye to Jamie. Mikey wrapped them both up in a big hug not wanting to let go, "Mama," Jamie said, grabbing on tight to his mother‘s shirt.

"I know, sweetie, I know," she tried to smile, stroking Jamie's hair.

"We’re going to miss you so much," Mikey told her.

"I'll miss you guys heaps more," she pecked his lips quickly as the final boarding call went over for her plane.

Mikey took Jamie from Kyra and watched as she boarded the plane. She turned around and gave them a wave a blew them a kiss before disappearing down the boarding tunnel.

He sighed before turning around and walking out to his car, crying silently like the time when he left to go to Europe. Mikey made it home and put Jamie down for the night before talking to his mother on the phone who had called everyday for the last week.

"She go off okay, sweetie?" His mother asked.

"Yeah, Mom, she had some friends with her."

"Oh, well, that's good then. How are you?"

"I'm fine. I know how she felt when I left for Europe now."

"I bet you can. How's Jamie?"

"Jamie’s good, down for the night."

"That's good. I have to go. Your father is trying to make dinner again," she chuckled, "Call me again tomorrow."

"I will,” he said, hanging up and flipping through the television channels.
He was already missing Kyra and he knew it was going to be a long couple of months. Mikey decided to clean up a bit when he found a note, that he assumed was from Kyra. It was familiar to him, the small little drawing on the image coming back to his mind as he remembered how she would write their initials in a heart on her book.

Mikey chuckled before going and laying down in their bed, preparing for a long night even though he was tired. He grabbed his phone as soon as it started ringing.
it said she loved him and would be home soon.

"Hello?" Mikey asked, kind of tired.

"Hey, baby! It's not too late, is it? I can call back later," her vibrant voice came through the other end.

"No, baby, it’s okay. How was your flight?"

"Alright. I miss you so much, like crazy, already. How's Jamie?"

"I miss you more. Jamie is good, he's sleeping."

"How about you? Have you slept yet?"

"No, not yet. Kyra, did you leave anything before you left?"

"No," she smirked.

"Really now? Who else would leave notes around the house with our initials in a heart, hm?”

"Oh thaaat. Then yes, it was me."

"What did you think I was talking about?"

"Nothing. You should get some sleep. I'm betting it's late."

"I can sleep tomorrow. I’d rather talk to you."

"No, baby. You need to sleep for Jamie. Go lay in bed and I'll keep talking til you fall asleep. It'll be just like I'm there, baby."

"I've been laying down this whole time, baby. So is Pete working you to death yet?"

"No, just boring us with lectures," she started to go on about random things, hoping he would fall asleep.

"I love you and I swear I can smell you," he muttered, half awake.

"I love you too but you need to get some sleep. If our son is anything like me, he's going to make you exhausted now he's walking around."

"I know, night, baby," he said, grabbing a pillow and holding it as if Kyra was there with him.

"I love you, night Mikey."

"l love you more, night, baby."

Kyra left her phone on for a while so he wouldn't hear dial tone. She shut it about an hour later as they headed out for media. Mikey slept the night away peacefully, hugging the pillow for dear life, missing his wife even subconsciously.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MY! OH MY! OH MY!
I saw a Mikey Way (circa. 2004) look a like in town today!
Yep! Same glasses, hair, jaw and nose.
Comments, please and thank-you?