Status: Active.

And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts

Cupcakes.

Walking down the streets of New York briskly, Kyra had gone out to meet Gerard, who she hadn’t seen since her birthday two months ago. Dressed in her usual attire, she had no idea why Gerard wanted to talk to her so suddenly when they would surely talk at the wedding in a few days time. Mikey had taken Jamie to the park and didn’t know anything about the meet, which was the way his brother wanted it.

"Nice to see you again," Kyra said, sitting down at outside coffee table, opposite Gerard who just flicked off his cigarette.

"Hey Ky," Gerard said, smiling widely at her.

"What's going on?" She asked, slouching down in the chair like he had done while fixing her sunglasses.

"Nothing is wrong. Why would something be wrong?” He answered with a question, slightly nervous.

"I didn't ask if something was wrong but whatever," she shrugged.

The two sat in silence as Gerard lighted another cigarette and attached it to his lips but something or someone else had caught her attention.

"Hey Gee," Kyra said, trying to be not obvious.

"Yes, Kyra?" He asked.

"Your seven o'clock, there’s that chick from MSI. Wonder what she's doing here."

"Oh, Lindsey? Ah, yeah, she's kind of with me," Gerard muttered.

"You wish Gee," Kyra scoffed.

"No, Kyra, I'm serious. That’s why I called you. She's kind of my girlfriend and, well, I wanted you to be the first to meet her and ask if it was cool if she came to the big day? You’re the only sane one," he joked.

"Naww, that's so cute Gerard. Of course she can come!" Kyra smiled as Lindsey came over.

"Kyra, Lindsey," he pointed, "Lindsey, Kyra," he did the same motion with his hand again.

"Nice to meet you," Kyra smiled as they hugged each other and kissed cheeks.

Gerard smiled as he watched the two, hoping they would get along. His hopes and prayers were answered. The blonde and the bright lipped woman instantly became friends. It was a wise choice to introduce her to Kyra first before everyone else. Out of the group, not only was she the sanest, she had a somewhat good judge of character and if she became friends, then Lindsey would be welcomed into the group.

"So, you two are coming to the big day together, yeah?" Kyra asked.

"Well, I have to be there, duh," Gerard giggled while Lindsey nodded yes.

"You only got that position by default," she laughed.

"Oh, shush. I still say that Fall Out whatever and Disco Panic should be the ones in dresses standing by you and Bat should be in a tux."

The trio talked for an hour, both girls getting along great. They said their goodbyes and Kyra told Gerard she was perfect in his ear when they hugged before leaving to go back to the house. She knew questions would be asked, mainly because she smelt of smoke from Gerard's cigarette.

Kyra came in and putting some things away she had got at the supermarket, "I'm home and I'm going to make those cupcakes you like," she called.

Mikey had been at home, wondering where Kyra had been when she finally walked through the door. He walked into the room she was in, "What’s going on? Where have you been? I was worried sick."

"I've been out, stopped by the supermarket and now, I'm making cupcakes," she smiled, starting to get the ingredients out.

"Why do you smell of smoke?" Mikey asked, wondering if she had started smoking.

"That would be from a cigarette."

"No, really?" He asked, being sarcastic, "I mean why are you smoking?"

"It wasn't me. It was Gerard."

"Gerard? He's here?" Mikey asked.

"And even if it was mine, would it matter? No, he's not here here but he's in the city."

"Well, I would try and talk you out of it. It’s unhealthy for all three of us. What’s he doing here?"

"You used to do it when you were, like, 19 and he's just spending a few days here before the wedding."

"Yeah for, like, not very long. Besides, we have a child to think of now. That’s strange."

"It shouldn't matter and it wasn't strange. He just wanted to meet up. Just us two."

"Really? Why?" Mikey asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Just because..." she trailed off.

Mikey just looked at her for a few minutes before walking away. He kept repeating ‘She loves me, me and only me. I can trust her‘ in his head. Kyra shrugged, not sure what she had done this time but he came back in o the kitchen about five minutes later, "When will those cupcakes be done, baby?"

"Soon," she said, putting the last of the mix into the little cupcake wrappers.

"So, what should we have for dinner? Other than cupcakes."

She shrugged, "You decide, I have to ring Gee."

"Yeah, fine," he said, walking back into the living room and picking his book up where he left off the night before.

She rang Gerard and started talking to him, occasionally laughing and giggling during their conversation. The constant giggling could be heard down in the living room as it echoed down the hall which got to Mikey’s mind.

"Kyra, I'm going out for a walk!" He yelled, knowing she heard him and would probably end up forgetting about his cupcakes but at that very moment, he could care less.

"Alright!" She called, "No, not you. That was just Mike."

Mikey walked a fair way before he decided to stop walking and just sit down on a park bench, where he started thinking.

She was still on the phone to Gerard while icing the cupcakes when Mikey came back, "Yeah, I gotta go. Bye," Kyra said, hanging up.

Mikey gave a small wave before walking to Jamie’s room to check on him. Kyra was still confused but kept on with the cupcakes.

Mikey came back with their now very awake son in his arms, "Look, Mommy made cupcakes," he pointed at them, shocked they weren’t burnt.

Kyra smiled, leaning against the bench, "Where'd you go before?"

"A walk, why?"

"Just wondering," she mumbled.

"Just needed some fresh air."

"Oh, okay," she muttered, walking off to the study where she wrote most of her songs.

Mikey shrugged not even bothering to see what was wrong with her. He was afraid she might not tell him. She stayed in the room for hours, writing and talking on the phone to, you guessed it, Gerard. Mikey had made dinner for himself and Jamie and put his son down for the night before going to the closed door and pausing to listen before knocking.

"Mm, I know. It won't be like that this time. He won't find out, promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MY!