Status: Active.

And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts

I Want To Be Friends Like We Used To Be.

The pair walked out of the luxurious home, Kyra with her hands in her pockets while Mikey walked casually. It was silent as they waited for the other to speak on the green grass by the pool. She didn’t have to wait long, with Mikey speaking first.

“I-I’m sorry you had to find out…about Sophie….like this,” he said, not gutsy enough to look her in the eyes.

“Like this? Like what? Mike, I found out last fucking night. Through a tabloid magazine!” Kyra informed him, slightly raising her voice.

“Oh God, that’s even worse,” Mikey sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose, “Kat and Pete said they were to tell you but I guess they didn’t.”

“You guess? I can’t believe you would leave it up to two of my best friends to explain the mess you fucking made.”

“I had to! The staff at the centre told me not to try and contact you! And what mess have I made Kyra?”

“Ugh! Just forget it. Are we done?” She asked.

“No, we’re not done. I want to know, do you plan on being in your son’s life now? Or is Kat still going to be playing mommy?” Mikey asked, getting right to the point.

“For your information, I am. That thing you call a girlfriend is not going to stop me either,” she snapped.

“That thing can’t stop you. I won’t let her. You see, the thing already knows you will be around anytime you want, for as long as you want, when you want. Unlike when you and Gerard only wanted me to see him three days a week,” he said, almost to seem better than her.

“Oh, don’t you dare play that card on me Michael! That was only a suggestion. I only suggested it to keep you and Gerard happy!”

“No, that was to keep Gee happy. Not me and you know it. See, me on the other hand, well, I think I should keep you happy for our son’s sake,” Mikey said. He couldn’t believe she was out and they were fighting already, though he knew it would happen.

“And what’s that supposed to mean?” She asked, one hand on her hip.

“It means that I am willing to sacrifice my relationship to keep you happy so that our son doesn’t see us like we are now and we don’t go through a nasty custody battle.”

Kyra shook her head and rolled her eyes at his attempt to be perfect. She didn’t want to hear anymore of his excuses so she turned to walk off.

“What? Nothing to say now? Besides, you can’t be mad at me. At least I didn’t cheat on you with your sister then date her a few months later,” he muttered.

“You said you were over that! And don’t you ever, fucking ever bring my sister up again,” Kyra said through her teeth, turning around and poking him in the chest for every word.

“All I’m saying is, all I did was get a girlfriend because I was lonely. I didn’t do half the things you’ve done to me, back to you. Do you even remember any of the stuff that went on while you were drunk and on pills and whatever shit you were doing!?”

“So I’m the bad guy huh?”

“No, neither of us are. I’m just saying you have nothing to be pissed off at me for. Now, do you remember any of the things that were said to you back in your drinking days?”

Kyra turned and began to walk away slowly. Mikey grabbed her arm and pulled her back to him, “Answer me.”

“I swear to fucking God, let go of me! Right. Now,” she snapped.

“Just answer me and I will, okay? Kyra, I don’t want to fight. I want to be friends like we used to be,” Mikey said, his grip loosening a bit.

“Friends? Friends!? We were never ‘just friends’ Mike.”

“Well then what were we when we were separated and you were seeing other people?”

Kyra went to pull away but she couldn’t, “We certainly weren’t ‘just friends’.”

“Whatever Kyra. If that’s how you want to be, then fine. I guess we were never anything then, huh?”

“I guess not if that’s the way it has to be,” she said, going over and sitting on a pool chair.

Kyra ran her hands through her hair, sighing as she looked at words now on her wrist. She took a deep breath like it said and sighed.

Mikey looked at Kyra for a few minutes in silence, remembering all the things he used to love about her, before speaking, “Ky, please. Let’s not fight. I don’t want to fight, I just want to work some kind of a deal out and to be civil.”

“Do you think I want to fight Michael? Fighting is just petty little games and I’m out,” Kyra said, putting her hands up in the air.

“What do you mean you are out?” Mikey asked, jerking his head back in confusion.

“I’m out of the fighting games. It’s annoying and probably not the best thing to be doing.”

“So then what do we do since we both don’t want to fight?” He asked, sighing a heavy sigh.

“I don’t know,” Kyra mumbled, considering asking Mikey questions that she probably wouldn’t want the answer to.

“Neither do I, but we need to talk it all out.”

“Talk it out when we don’t know what to talk about? Right, that’s really gunna work.”

“Well, let’s start with, is there anything you want to know?”

She shook her head weakly, “No.”

“How was rehab?” Mikey asked, wondering if he made the right choice.

“Fine,” she muttered.

“Why are you so distant?”

“What do you mean?”

“You just seem like you’re mad or something. Is there something you’re not telling me?”

“Not telling you? Not telling you!? Not telling me, Mikey! You couldn’t even tell me your fucking self!” Kyra yelled.

“I wanted to! But like I said, the place told me I wasn’t allowed to contact you so I didn’t. Kat said she was going to write to you and Pete was going to call you. I guess they weren’t allowed contact with you either. I am sorry I didn’t tell you, I really am but there was no way I could,” Mikey told her.

A few moments of silence later, Kyra cracked, "God damn it Mikey! You couldn't fucking wait!?" She said getting up of the chair, "42 fucking days! That's fucking 6 weeks but you couldn't fucking do it! What the fuck is wrong with you!?" She practically yelled at the top of her lungs.

"Kyra, that was almost two months, not counting the three almost four weeks, you were gone partying with Max and Elliot. Kyra, I didn't know what you would be like when you came back. I didn't know if you would want me or if you would still want to drink. I need someone to be there for James other than Kat. Kyra, do you know because she played mommy to our son, Frank and her did nothing but fight? I just need someone else! I didn't know what you would be like and I couldn't take the chance of you still wanting to party. So I had to find someone, granted James doesn't really like Sophie but he will get used to her when she is around more. Besides I kind of like her," Mikey sighed, "What the hell was wrong with you to do all the shit you fucking did?" Mikey finally asked,

"42 fucking days Michael. Think back to when we were teenagers and I went away before prom What was different this time? The only difference being we have a son? Well not much considering I was in fucking hell while you were out in the normal world!" She yelled, not caring that Mikey didn't know that she was actually at a boarding school, "It's alright for you considering what? You've been away from James how long? Two months? Boo fucking hoo."

"Fine Miss I-was-engaged-to-you-and-fucking-your-brother-for-five-damn-months, why don't you tell me what you would have done since I am the bad guy and you never do anything wrong," Mikey sighed after saying that, this was getting them no where fast and he was tired of fighting.

“I need to cool off,” she muttered, running her hands through her hair while pacing a tad.

"I think we are done talking. It seems all we know how to do is yell at each other," Mikey said, standing up.

Sophie was sitting in Pete’s house, annoyed Mikey hadn't come back in yet and Pete couldn't get that baby to quieten down. Kat had disappeared to the bathroom five minutes ago.

"Pete, would you please shut it up!?" She snapped.

"Jamie is not an it thank you," Pete retorted back, "And I'm trying."

"You're doing a bad job. God, haven't you even been around a baby?" She asked. It wasn't that she didn't like Jamie, it was just the fact that he was Mikey and Kyra's son she didn't like.

"Yes, I have. I was around myself as a kid. And at least Jamie likes me," Pete snapped.

“What was I thinking even asking you that? You still are a kid. Maybe not a baby but close to it," Sophie snapped back, annoyed that Mikey was still alone with Kyra and that Kat had left and not came back yet. No one else was even trying to get Jamie to stop crying.

"So? But this kid is richer and prettier than you'll ever be," Pete smirked.

"So you’re saying Mikey and Kyra's child is gay?"

"You idiot. I'm referring to me. Duh!"

"So then you’re saying that you’re gay?"

“Forget it. I'm sure your brain wouldn't understand. Actually, it would require you to have a brain in the first place," Pete muttered, annoyed by Sophie.

Kyra mumbled a "Whatever," and walked off inside.

Since Kyra was inside, Mikey decided to stay outside, not really wanting to be near her. He didn't want to fight in front of their friends, son or his girlfriend. Kyra went in and took the crying Jamie from Pete and walked off to the room where she stayed last night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, yeah?
And as Michael Jackson used to say, Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough.