Status: Active.

And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts

Birthday Boy.

"Shh, remember, quiet then loud," she whispered to Jamie.

Kyra had snuck out of the bed and went to get Jamie. They snuck in and she stood him at the end of the bed before counting down and both jumping on a sleeping Mikey, making as much noise as they could before they both burst out in giggles.

"WHAT THE HELL?" Mikey yelled, sitting up.

Kyra and Jamie laughed, "Happy birthday," she said.

Mikey smiled, "Thank-you babies," he said, pecking Kyra's lips and reaching for Jamie.

She chuckled and handed him off to his father. Jamie hugged his father the best he could and planted a sloppy kiss on his cheek, causing Kyra to smile extremely wide.

"So, did you buy Daddy something nice?" He asked his son.

Jamie shook his head and Kyra laughed.

"So, what's the plan for today then, sweetie?" Mikey asked.

"Well, we're going out and meeting up with the guys for lunch," she smiled, sneaking a gift into Jamie's hands.

"Which guys?"

"The ones we went to school with, the ones you're in a band with?"

"Baby, you know so many guys. There’s your band mates, mine, Peter, need I go on?"

"Yeah, better stop. Makes me look bad," she chuckled, "Look! Jamie has a present for you!"

"YAY! A gift," Mikey chuckled, taking it from him.

Kyra laughed, taking her son back while he opened it, "Jamie literally picked it out when we were walking through the store."

"Well, I think he has nice taste,” Mikey said, observing the tee shirt front, “I love it.”

She smiled, "He's got daddy's style in weird shirts."

"Not weird, classic," he smirked.

"Alright, you win. I have to go get Jamie ready, other wise we won't make lunch," she said, pecking his lips.

"Okay. I love you."

"Love you too," she smiled, taking her son to give him a bath and change him.

Mikey took this as his own chance to get ready.

Meanwhile in the Iero house, Frank and Kat were discussing baby names for the soon to be coming son, "I like either Dracula or Vlad, or maybe both together. What do you think, honey?"

"Baby, I know you love vampires but we can't call him that. The poor kid would get picked on. It would be like calling him Michael James," Frank joked.

"Oh, but baby, Vlad Johnson Iero sounds so cute and, well, Dracula is well Dracula. I don't have one for that. What would you name him?"

"I don't know, but not that," he chuckled, "Why don't you let that be his nickname?"

"But baby, Vlad is such a cool name, even if he did murder seven hundred people and it’s so unique. How many people do you know named Vlad?" She asked trying to make a valid point.

"I don't know any. I'll give you that but Kat, the poor kid. Why not something like Alex or Riley?"

"Riley is such a chick name and why be boring and safe when you can be unique and different? Come on, your last name is unique, why can’t our son’s first name be?"

"Baby, we are not calling him Vlad. End of story."

"Oh, so it’s all what you like, not what I want? Fine Frank, Have fun at Mikey’s lunch. I think I will be staying here," Kat said firmly, her hormones getting the best of her, while walking to the restroom to vomit.

Frank sighed, "Honey, c'mon baby. You know I didn't mean it like that. I'm just thinking about what's best for him. Any other names you fancy?"

"Just go, Frank. You’re going to be late, so if you want to make it, you better leave now," Kat told him avoiding his question.

"No, baby. Mike will understand. Any other names?" He asked, going in and holding her hair back.

"Frank, just go. I am fine, and no, there really isn’t and even if there was, I wouldn't tell. We’ll name him Alex, since you are so fond of that name," Kat snapped, walking to the sink to wash out her mouth.

"We aren't naming him that. That was just a lame example. Baby, don't be so stubborn. You can tell me. I won't laugh."

"Stubborn? I will show you stubborn," she snapped almost yelling and walking to their bedroom and locking the door.

"Baby! C'mon!" Frank sighed.

Kat let a low irritated grow escape her lips before walking out of the room slipping on a pair of flat shoes and getting her car keys.

Kyra finished up with Jamie and went and found Mikey, "Hey baby, can you just watch him while I get ready?"

"Yeah, I can, baby," he said, walking to Jamie’s room and taking him with to the kitchen.

Kyra smiled and went to get ready herself, having a shower, doing her hair and then deciding on what to wear

Mikey took Jamie into the room where his mother was a few minutes later. He sat on his father’s lap while watching his mother and nibbling on a cookie, “Ookie,” Jamie gurgled.

"Sweetie, you know the rule. No cookies til after lunch otherwise he doesn't eat," Kyra sighed, taking her son, "I'll let you have it this one time," she smiled as he ate and played with her long necklaces.

"Sorry, it’s just, he was so cute when he said it," Mikey laughed, "Sweetie, when you said the guys, you did also mean Jess, Bella, Lindsey and Batty, right?" He asked, wondering if the ladies would be there since they were his friends also.

"Duh, think I'd be sitting there listening to you guys go on about comics? No way, I'm dragging them if I have to. "

"Awesome, so when are we supposed to meet them and where?" Mikey asked, grabbing a pair of his shoes and slipping them on.

Kyra checked her watch, "We should probably get going. C'mon, let's go," she said, going out and putting Jamie in his car seat.

Mikey walked to the car, "Baby, I can’t drive if you don't tell me where we are going."

"Uh, uh uh. I'm driving," she smirked, taking the keys.

"Why won’t you tell me?" Mikey wined as they switched places.

"Secret," she smiled, starting the car and driving.

"Why do I get the feeling there are way more people then you said at this place?"

"There isn't. I just felt like driving," she smiled, pulling up at his favourite restaurant.

"I love this place," Mikey said, getting out of the car and getting Jamie from the back seat.

Mikey smiled, he had Jamie in one arm and had his other hand intertwined with Kyra's as they walked into the restaurant. She smiled, going in and happily greeting the two couples who were already there.

"Hey Gerard," Kyra smiled, hugging him before greeting Lyn-z and then Ray and Bella.

Mikey hugged his brother and Ray first before then hugging both ladies, "So, how’s it been?" He asked.

"Good," Ray shrugged.

Kyra took her son and held him while talking to Lindsey. Mikey nodded and all three men started a conversation when the restaurant door was pushed open with force, revealing Kat and Frank.

Kyra was talking when she stopped and leaned next to Mikey once she heard Kat coming, "I wouldn't start on her, okay?" She whispered.

Frank trailed behind slowly, "Hey gang!"

Mikey nodded, a wee bit afraid at the sound of the door swinging open. Kat waved to everyone before taking a seat, while the guys had already captured Frank in their conversation.

"What's up? How's my little future guitarist?" Kyra cooed to Kat’s stomach.

"He's fine. Where is my godson, you know, the future president of the music industry?" Kat asked, still with a small attitude.

"He's around," Kyra said, looking around to see Ray had him, "Really, though, what's up?" Kyra asked in a low voice, "That poor door nearly came off its hinges."

"Ask my husband," she said low, almost a hiss, "Ray, I want him when you’re done," she called to him, fake smile on her face.

"Kat," Kyra sighed, "What is it this time?"

"Nothing I can’t handle," she said, trying to stay calm and not ruin the lunch.

She sighed, "Fine," as Ray handed Jamie over.

"Kyra, I will tell you once lunch is over if you still want to know. I just don't want to ruin Mike’s day," she told her friend as she cuddled Jamie and he touched her belly.

"Okay, fine," she sighed, turning her attention to Mikey, "Having fun?"

"Yeah, but where’s Bob and Bella?" He asked, wondering why they hadn’t showed.

"I forgot to tell you sweetie, they couldn't make it. They're in Chicago. Sorry baby."

"Oh okay," Mikey nodded, going back into the comic talk just as his wife had predicted.

She smiled, playing with his hand as they ordered and ate their lunch.

Kyra excused herself and Kat after they finished to the bathroom, "Spill!"

Kat laughed, "Just couldn't wait till later, could you?" She asked smiling.

"Nope! You know me," she said, boosting herself up on the counter, "So what's really going on? Tell Kyra your problems."

"Well, my husband is a meanie head who is insensitive to my hormones and is telling me what I can and can not do or name our child," Kat said, sighing as she stood next to Kyra.

"Well, what was the name? Something horrible?"

"Dracula or Vlad. I like Vlad ‘cause it’s powerful. The man killed many men, while defending his empire in Romania."

Kyra kept a serious face but let out a small chuckle, "Serious?"

"Yeah," she sighed, "Let me guess, you’re going to be on his side and demand that I can not name my son that too, right?"

"I'm not on anyone's side. It's kinda cute. Why not use it for a second name?"

"Because no first name goes good with it. It’s not even that he doesn't like it that made me angry, it’s the fact that he said 'we are not calling him Vlad. End of story'," she air quoted before going on, "He just makes me feel like he wants to control me all the time."

"Naw, Kat, you gotta admit, it's cute but kinda weird. I mean c'mon, he was kinda right in a way. Did you know that if we had had a girl, Mikey wanted to call her Diamond Paige?" Kyra shuddered at the name.

"I like that name," Kat said, honestly, "And yes it is weird, but come on, even our last name is weird so why not a weird first name?"

"Kat, that was a terrible name. I hate that name. I personally want to strangle Mikey for thinking of it. Your last name isn't that weird. You don't want to go too weird."

"I just want him to be unique and not have a girl’s name. And Kyra, Iero is very weird."

"Well what other names you got?"

"Well, Frank likes Riley and Alex. Me? I have nothing yet. If I did he wouldn't like them."

"Are you sure he likes them? Maybe he was just trying to deter you from Vlad."

"Maybe, but I think he kind of likes them. They’re normal names," she trailed off, holding her tummy as the baby kicked.

"I don't think I can help you here Kat, I mean, this isn't my kid plus I don't want you taking my kick ass names."

Kat laughed, "I know you can’t help, I just wish he was more sensitive and less demanding."

"And I wish Mikey was less sensitive and more demanding sometimes but he won't change," Kyra chuckled, checking her watch, "Shoot! Jamie and I are going to be late."

"Late for what? And who is taking Mikey home, Miss-I-like-to-be-my-friend’s-therapist-in-public-bathrooms?"

"For, uh, meetings," she said, going back out and taking her seat.

"Mikey, baby, I'm sorry. Jamie and I have to go. We've got these meetings we have to rush to but have a good day, okay? We won't be home till late so don't wait up for us. Oh, Gee and Ray are going to take you out and you can hang with them. I love you," she kissed his cheek and taking Jamie and rushing out before he had a chance to question her.

"Okay, I love you too!" He yelled, hoping they would hear him, "So what’s the plan, gentlemen?" Mikey asked, looking at them with a raised eyebrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, please and thank-you.

xo.