Life's Not Fair, Get Used To It

The End

My mouth opened and closed repeatedly. Sure we were getting along, but that doesn’t mean that you can stick me in a dress and make me say ‘I do’. I don’t!

“What! You can’t do that to me! I want to go to collage, not carry around a kid the rest of my life! If I get married in one month, that means in ten I will have a kid, I won’t do it!” I felt my anger course though my body, “you can’t do this to me! If you need me, Alex will know where to find me.” I stormed out, resisting the temptation to break something.

I went straight to the tree, my tree. It was a little bit harder to climb up using only one hand, but it was easier than tying my shoes. I laid on my usual branch and thought, but my only thought was of escape.

I called Nick, “hey Nick?” I asked, my voice sounded bleak. He could immediately sense something was wrong, “what’s the matter? What happened? Did Alex do something? I swear to god if he did I will break his jaw.” Nick’s threats made a weak smile form on my face.

“No Nick, it wasn’t Alex’s fault, it was his parents,” I spit out the word, I was still mad at my parents for putting me into this situation in the first place. I explained what happened and at the end I tasted salt and realized I was crying. I broke down sobbing; Nick kept talking into the phone, trying to soothe me.

“I’m coming down there,” I heard him say. I shook my head, not caring if he could see me or not, “n- no Nick, I’m going to find a way out of this, I have to. I’ll call you later.” I hung up and noticed the sun was almost set. I stared at it until it faded into the ground. After that I still sat there, thinking how the sun could escape the sky, how the flowers could escape the ground, and how I could escape this marriage.

It was well after dark when I finally went inside. I was walking past a room when I heard Alex’s mom, “I don’t see what all the fuss is, she has been getting along with him and I’ve seen the way they’ve looked at each other, maybe we should talk to her about it tomorrow when we go dress shopping.”

The anger I had previously felt returned and I quietly stormed away from there. I went into my- our room, but soon it would just be his room. Alex must have been somewhere else because he wasn’t in our room. I curled into a ball and thought, my final conclusion was I had to leave. Leave this room, this house, this town, this state.

I packed everything like I had in my first attempt of running away. All I had was my three suitcases and a backpack. I had let all of the turtles go but the albino one. I put him in a box with air holes and taped a note to the top.

I bit my lip as I carried my suitcases down the hall, not encountering anyone. I loaded my suitcases into the trunk of a random car. I looked at the parking space, twenty-six. I went into the little office thing and found its key. I drove away from the mansion-house. I tried my best not to cry as I took the highway. I failed miserable.

I pulled into a truck stop and began sobbing quietly. I didn’t even know why I was crying, I searched my brain for an answer until it finally hit, I had left him behind.

Alex’s P.O.V

I left Amy alone so she could let all her anger out; she just needed to be alone right now. I knew she was in her tree, but I didn’t let my parents know that, they kept asking and I told them repeatedly I had no idea what she meant. I stayed in the kitchen, hoping she would appear like she usually did.

It was long after dark when I gave up and just went back to our room. I stopped short when I saw a box laying on our bed. I slowly walked up to it and heard a rustling inside. I saw something taped to the lid but ignored it as I opened it to find her turtle, her little quarter sized albino turtle, the only thing she loved in this house.

I held the turtle as I looked at the lid to see my name on a piece of paper folded in half. I could feel my stomach turn itself in knots as I slowly unfolded it to see her untidy scribble. I could feel the tears coming on as I read it

Alex, I left, I’m sorry but I just wasn’t ready for marriage. Don’t blame yourself Alex, it was you’re parents fault. I overheard your mom say that we were going dress shopping and it sunk in, I’m seventeen and getting married in a month. I’m giving you my turtle as a reminder of me, I swear to god if you kill it I will come back and kick your butt to Mars. I wish I could make you understand, but I can’t, I can’t make anyone understand. I took one of your cars, you can pick it up at my parents house. I’m taking mine. I don’t know where I’m going yet, but please don’t try to find me. I’m sorry Alex, but I don’t think this good-bye is forever, I’m not sure, I’m not even sure what I’m doing tomorrow. I am so sorry, but I had to do this. Good-bye Alex,

~Amy


I slouched against the wall, I felt the tears stream down my face. She left her turtle, but she took my heart, the only question left is what will she do to it?
♠ ♠ ♠
The end.

There will be a sequel, I have no idea what it will be called. I will post another chapter when I have it up.

Thank you all for sticking with me as I finished this story.

Any comments or ideas for new characters in the next story? Want to be a character? Give me your name, description, personality, and wether you want to help Amy or be an enemy.