Venomous Poisons

1/1

I walk out of the Science lab and down the hall. Turning the corner, I see, in all her glory, the girl I am in love with. She is amazingly beautiful. I smile to myself and walk over to my locker which she is standing next to.

'Hello, Melodie' I say quietly. She smiles and takes my hand.

'Sam,' She put her icy hand on my face. 'How was last class?' She asks.

I tell her about everything that had happened. I have to be descrete, though. Not many people would believe a word I say if I told them that the most amazing girl in my life - Melodie, my girlfriend - is a ghost.

I had never asked her how she died. I know she is a lot older than me though - technically. She's fifteen, like me, but she died long before I was born.

After class I take her to my dorm room so we can talk undisturbed.

'Mel, can I ask you... something?' My expression, uncertain. She nods curiously.

'...How did you... y'know?' I hung my head slightly. She sighes and lifts my head up. She is smiling, so I take it she's going to tell me. I take her hand and shuffle back onto the bed a little.

'Well. For starters, I've been fifteen for well... almost eighty years. I was murdered during the first world war. My father was fighting and my mother was looking after the wounded. I had to watch over my brothers and sister. Father was killed three weeks before he was going to come home. Mum suicided after that. I was all alone. Without parents we couldn't survive. One night I was putting my youngest brother to bed when the men came into my house. They shot my family. They made me watch them shoot my own family. My only reason to live. Once they were done with them, one man came for me. I was hiding but he found me. They told me not to scream. But I screamed as loud as I could. So they tortured me. All three men. They cut me, raped me and beat me until I was dead. This school was built where I died. That's why I'm here.' She finally looks up from the ground. My mouth is a-gape. She laughs slighly.

'Hey, don't think about it. I don't.' She kisses my cheek before standing up. I sigh.

'What's wrong Sammy?' She says curiously.

'I want to be with you. I don't want to be here. Why should I live? I don't want to grow up.' I say, tears in my eyes. She smiles again.

'So don't.' She smirked devilishly.

'If I die, will I be with you?' I ask. She hesistates before answering.

'What about your family? Do you really want to end your life? But, yes, you would be.' She answered slowly.

'My family sent me here for a reason. They wouldn't care. I don't particually care about them. Dead or alive, whatever, they wouldn't care in the slightest... I just want to be with you. For real.' I reply.

'Okay then... Sam... sleep on it?' She smiles feebly.

'Do I have to?' I ask, saddened.

'Its up to you, not me.' She says. I smirk.

'Well. I guess you know my answer.' I say. She rolls her eyes but smiles. In my past, I had thought about ways I would die. I always wondered what an overdose would feel like, but overall I decided that if I ever wanted to die - I'd go for death with Cyanide, but my only problem is, where can I get it?

My question is answered when I remember what my teacher had said we were experimenting with tommorrow - Cyanide. It would be in the science lab.

Everything is quiet. The sound of my breathing is a silent as it will be in a few hours - deadly. I laugh at my own joke. Melodie is sitting on my bed. I don't bother with putting on a jumper because, I mean, what's the point? I'll be dead in a few hours anyway. I set off down the halls, quietly as I could possibly be, and towards the Science storage room. I didn't need a key, amazingly. It was left open. I fumble around in the darkness until I find a lightswitch. I find the little containers of the beautiful death-dust I will consume. I take one before turning out the lights and heading back to my room. I'm surpirsed noone heard me.

'I've got it.' I whisper.

'Okay.' She replies back. I write three letters and seal them - one is addressed to my parents, one two my brother and one to the Headmaster. A little suicide note for my parents; a thankyou to the school for my deathwish; a goodbye - I love you to my brother. He will be the only person I'll miss. Finally I'm finnished. I place the letters somewhere visable and grab the cyanide. I open the container and mix water in with the powder. It is smooth after a little amount of stiring. I breathe deeply and hold it to my lips. I drink it all.

An hour or so later my stomach is cramping. I can't make noise - which is difficult when you're dying and in quite a lot of pain - otherwise someone will hear. Eventually the pain subsides and I draw my last breath. Melodie is smiling; holding my hand.

I open my eyes. Melodie is with me. Everything is peaceful. We are finally together. Actually together. Forever.