Status: Completed - Working on a Sequel.

Love Is a Losing Game

Chapter 8

Angie stood at the kitchen counter, mugs at the ready, waiting for the coffee machine to finish making a much needed coffee for her and Stuart. As it beeped so did her cell from inside her pocket.

“Ready when you are.” Read the message from Brian. She smiled and sent a quick reply before pouring the steaming hot coffee into the two mugs.

“Ah, just what I need.” Stuart said, sniffing the air as he walked into the kitchen.

“Are you ready to do this?” she asked with a smirk as she passed him his mug.

“It’ll be worth it.” He replied with a matching smirk as they both made their way out into the back yard.

“…And so the next thing I know she’s walking over to me at the bar…” Angie began her voice slightly louder than normal as she took a seat on the bench.

“We exchange a few words, her eyes never leaving mine, the anger in them quickly turning to passion, so I take a risk. I put my hand up to her shoulder and she stops talking instantly. I apologise again and a smirk appears on her lips. Then…then she takes a small step closer to me and whispers “Maybe we could sort this out in your office”” she continued with a smile.

“So did you…well you know…?” Stuart asked suggestively.

“I’m just getting to that….so I show her down to the office, and no sooner was I closing the door she was on me, her lips on mine as her hand pulled at the button of my jeans…” she continued, pausing at the sound of a small gasp that came from the other side of the fence. She quickly exchanged an excited look with Stuart before she carried on her story.

“The next thing I knew I had been pushed up against the office door, her hand slipping down into my panties….” As she spoke, hearing another moan from the other side of the fence, she signalled for Stuart to quietly stand up with her, stepping onto the bench as she continued with her story. “….her fingers slipping slowly….” She had to stop again as she peered over the top of the fence trying hard to suppress a laugh as she watched the five men gathered below.

“….along my big hard cock” she said her voice getting louder as she watched five heads snap up to look at her with a looks of horror on four of their faces while Brian joined Stuart and Angie in a laughing fit.

“So you’re a Trany not a lesbian!” Zack yelled his eyes widening.

“No Dickward! She’s just a normal straight woman!” Brian yelled, slapping Zack’s arm.

“You knew?” Matt yelled turning to face Brian.

“Yeah, I do believe I did try telling you she wasn’t a lesbian a few times.” He replied with a smile.

“Yes, he told me the other night.” Angie began as she hoisted herself up and over the fence, Brian giving her his hand to help her down. “And I’m sorry I just couldn’t resist teasing.”

“We were set up?” Johnny yelled as Stuart joined them.

“Oh of course we were Johnny, she’s evil…she’s even turned our best friend against us!” Jimmy said, narrowing his eyes through his glasses as he stared at Brian and Angie as they laughed.

Both Brian and Angie looked at each other, rolling their eyes as they continued to laugh. “I’m sorry guys it was just so easy.” Angie laughed.

“Oh, you should have seen their faces though. I thought Zack was going to come in his pants.” Brian said as tears of laughter rolled down his cheeks.

Soon their laughter died down and the scathing looks disappeared off the guys faces.

“So, just to clarify…” Matt began as Brian held out his lighter to light the cigarette he’d just given Angie. “You’re not a lesbian, but you are gay.” He concluded pointing at Stuart. Angie spluttered out a couch as she almost choked on the smoke she’d inhaled.

“Oh yes Hun, I am defiantly one hundred percent gay. And I’ll be more than happy to prove it to you if you were willing.” Stuart replied with a suggestive wink in Matt’s direction. Failing to suppress the laughing that was in her head at the look on Matt’s face, Angie burst into fits of laughter, joined quickly by everyone apart from Matt who was still sat with a look of sheer horror on his face.

“Oh Matt I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to scare you.” Stuart replied, leaning over to place his hand on Matt’s knee, finding it quickly dangling in mid air as Matt sharply pulled away.

“Sorry, I’m just not….that…way…you know…” Matt said blushing profusely as he shuffled in his seat awkwardly.

“Oh Hun, don’t worry, that’s been pretty obvious since the day we met. You’re quite safe. I’ll just keep you in my fantasies.” He replied as Matt visibly relaxed slightly.

“Wait? You have fantasies about Matt?” Johnny asked with a bemused look on his face.
Stuart shrugged “Well yeah, have you seen him?” he asked incredulously gesturing towards Matt who was yet again blushing a deep shade of crimson. “Don’t be embarrassed, you’re fucking gorgeous, just because it’s another guy telling you for a change.”

A small smile appeared on Matt’s face at Stuart’s words. There was a muttered laugh from a few of the other guys before Angie spoke to silence them.

“He’s right you know, and he always seems to have the best taste in men…better than me most of the time.” She said with a discreet wink, happy to see a real smile back on Matt’s face.

“So, um, in that case, Stuart….do you fantasise about anybody else here?” Brian asked clearing his throat as he sat up straighter in his seat.

“No.” he said flatly and quickly with a small smirk tugging at his lips. Angie bit her lip as she yet again found herself struggling not to laugh as she realised that not only did Brian look disappointed at his answer, but Jimmy, Zack and Johnny did too.

“Sorry guys, Matt just has that little bit of something extra.” Stuart replied.

“A big bit extra.” Matt replied with a smirk and a wink. This time it was Stuart’s turn to almost choke as he spat out the mouthful of water he had just taken a sip of. An appreciative smile appeared on his lips as his gaze drifted briefly towards Matt’s crotch, licking his lips as his eyes reverted back to his face.

“Excuse me guys….” Stuart said quickly getting up and jumping back over the fence as everyone laughed at his abrupt departure.

“Oh God no, I know what you’re thinking, and well…maybe he has…but he’s got to be in work soon!” she explained with a large smile on her face.

“So, Ange, baring in mind that I don’t know if I could take more rejection, have you ever fantasised about any of us?” Brian asked with a smirk and a wiggle of his eyebrows.

She looked at each of them in turn, as they looked expectantly back at her. “Well, actually…” she began feeling herself blush as her eyes settled on Brian for a lingering moment. She bit her lip, silently contemplating what she was going to say. With a snap decision she sat back in her seat, crossing her arms over her chest.

“No, none of you.” She lied confidently. She shot a quick sideways glance at Brian, noticing as he seemed to look almost disappointed with her answer and heard a collective sigh from the other four guys.

“Well, I better be heading off, Jenni needs me to pick her up. Do you need a ride home?” Zack said about an hour later, turning to Johnny.

“Yeah please dude.” He replied getting up to leave.

“Bye guys, see you at work later Johnny.” Angie cheered with a wave as they walked away.

“Sure will, laters.” He replied as he disappeared through the door. Jimmy had left about ten minutes previously so it was now only Matt, Brian and Angie sat around the yard.

“So Gates, does Aimee know about Angie yet?” Matt enquired. Angie’s eyebrows knitted together in confusion as she glanced between the two men, becoming more confused when she saw Brian shake his head.

“What do you mean ‘know about me’?” she asked, air quoting her words as she again looked between both men for an answer.

“Well, um, Matt means if she knows that your not a lesbian yet.” Brian said awkwardly.

“You haven’t told her yet? Why?” she replied becoming more confused by the minute.

“Well, um, you see Aimee isn’t usually this relaxed about me being friends with a girl, especially one that’s single and, well, as hot as you are….” He explained trailing off with a blush.

“What? So you reckon that she’s only been happy for us to be hanging out and stuff because you all thought I was a lesbian, and what? Not a threat?” Angie asked her eyes widening.

“Um, yeah, that’s my theory anyway…and I’m not too keen on having to tell her that we were wrong about the whole lesbian thing, I think there maybe some yelling when I do.” Brian replied.

“So what happens when she does find out? Is that it for us being friends?” Angie asked.
Brian shrugged a blush in his cheeks as he avoided eye contact. “Judging by past experiences she’ll take some time to stop being uptight about it, she’ll want to warn you off and will try to make sure that we’re never alone with each other, although it could be more difficult for her to do that this time, I mean we live next door to each other and we work together.” he replied becoming optimistic.

Angie stared at him, unsure on whether to believe what he had said or not. She considered Aimee a friend, granted not as good a friend as Brian had become, and she didn’t want to cause any trouble. She didn’t want to believe that Aimee had only allowed her to be friends with Brian because she had thought she wasn’t a threat.

“Hey, it’ll be fine, I’ll talk to Aimee, put her straight, let her know that there’s nothing to worry about.” Brian said with a gentle nudge of her arm and a smile.

“I don’t want to cause any trouble.” She replied with a faint smile.

“Hey, you won’t, she knows we’re friends, and anyway, it’s not as if you’ve fantasised about me at all is it?” he replied with a playful smirk. Angie blushed and quickly diverted her eyes.

“You know what Bri, I think she was lying before, look how red she’s gone.” Matt teased.

“I think you’re right. Come on Angie tell me.” Brian replied.

“It was your fault anyway.” She protested, crossing her arms across her chest. She looked up to see Matt and Brian looking at each other in confusion. “Well it was when we had that bet the other week, and you offered to settle the bet some other way, and an image popped into my head.” She explained.

“And what image would that be?” Brian asked, his smirk widening as his eyes glistened.

“You and me on my office desk.” She said simply glancing up, her eyes meeting his.

“Really now?” he asked with a wiggle of his eyebrows.

“Yeah, it popped into my head for a second that’s all.” She replied, suddenly sitting up straight as she spotted Aimee walk through the back door.

“Hey guys, good morning?” she cheered with a welcoming smile.

“Yeah, but it’s gone too quickly…I better go get ready for work.” Angie replied, suddenly eager to leave.

“I’ll see you later then.” Matt said with a dimpled smile as she got up to leave.

“Yeah, later guys, bye Aimee.” She replied before disappearing over the fence again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Totally a filler sorry.... This is my least organised story at the moment and although I know kind of what's going to happen I am mainly making it up as I go along, which is why this chapter has actually taken me almost three nights to type up :)

Anyway, thanks for all the comments after the last chapter...more are always welcome :)

Angie