Secrets

X

I parked my bike and ran through the front door and fell right on my ass as I did. Turns out Jer was at the door waiting for me.

“Dude calm down” Jeremy laughed as he grabbed my are and hauled me up.

“Jer! This is serious.” I practically yelled.

He shut the door and walked to the kitchen and grabbed an apple from the fridge. “Mmkay, then explain.”

I took a breath and began the shortened version of today. “Well, to make it short, your sister is going to my school now.”

He dropped his apple. “What! Well how is she? What’s she look like? Logan, explain!”

“I don’t know! I guess the boundaries changed this year so she goes to my school and my friends have all decided to be friends with her and like let her in our ground. She has her bellybutton pierced, uhm part of her hair is like a raspberry color and she wears makeup. She’s kind of skinny. I didn’t talk to her cause once I found out it was your sister I just panicked and left, I haven’t even talked to the guys today cause she’s always around them. Joey takes her to school and home.”

“Okay okay just calm down…”

I cut him off before he could finish. “Oh! And her wrists. I didn’t get a little glimpse of that at lunch when she had her jacket sleeves scrunched up. Jer, dude, your baby sis is a cutter.”

“Logan, you gotta watch out for her for me. And make sure she doesn’t find out we live here or that I live here and make sure she doesn’t come looking for me. But please, protect her.” Jeremy ran off and came back with an envelope, pen, and paper. He quickly scribbled down something ad slipped a picture into the envelope with the nope and neglected to address it. “Here, put this in Joey’s mailbox.”

I know better than to disobey Jer so I did as he told me and hid out to make sure he got the note and read it, shortly after he ran over to what I guessed was Jez’s house. I ran back home for a little while, Jer must have went out cause he wasn’t there, and grabbed something to eat and rode back over towards Jez and Joey’s neighborhood. Now Ally’s car was in the drive way and a couple minutes later Joey and Ally walked out the front door as Jez watched them leave.

I felt someone punch my arm and turned to see Jeremy next to me. I gave him an irritated look. “She looks sad. And where the hell did you come from?”

“I just had to check on her…she always leaves her window a tad open so I just slipped in for a minute while they were talking. She’s finally opening up to at least someone. Try to get her to open up to you.”

“You’re kidding right? Bro this is like stalking.”

“What the hell!” I snapped my head back to look at the house to see what caught Jer’s attention. “It’s way to late. Where the hell is she going?” He questioned as we watched Jez start walking down the side walk. “Go follow her and make sure she’s safe.” He shoved me. “See you back at home.”

I followed Jez to the park down the street and hid in the bushes behind the swing she was on. I could swear I was falling asleep when I heard a twig snap and went onto full alert. There was some man standing in front of Jez. He whistled at her and I shifted to get as close as possible to hear what was going to be said.

“Hey baby. Wanna have some fun tonight?” He called over to her and before she could answer the large figure was in front of her with his hand on her cheek.

She yanked her face away and stood up. “I have to go” She quietly mumbled and turned to walk away.

He snatched her wrist and yanked her back, my vision was better than a humans so I could see the muscles in his arms through the dark night. “Where ya goin so soon babe?” he questioned.

“Home.” Jez pulled away and he grabbed her by her waist and I’m not sure why but I felt…jealous. Seeing him so close to her and getting to hold her like that. A deep growl erupted from my chest and the figure dropped his hands from her body. Then he looked right where I was and nodded, he knew I was there and knew what I was or what I was doing at least. Jez turned to see where the growl came from and I locked eyes with her hoping that she just saw the bushes and not me hiding inside them watching her, she’d think I was a creeper. We both put our attention back on the figure except he was gone.

I slipped from the bushes being careful to not make a sound and sprinted away as Jez put her shoes back on.