Secrets

XVIII

“Jer, what the hell are you talking about? Can we just talk about us? For just a little while? I mean, you haven’t talked to me in six years.” I stepped up to him and without a thought in my head I slapped him, “Six years, Jeremy! Six fucking years!” I was yelling now. “You and Dad abandoned us! What makes you think I even want to speak to you or see you after you did that, huh? Tell me!” I felt a warm tear slip down my cheek. I wiped it away before anyone else could notice and as I did Jeremy embraced me in a warm hug. There was something wrong with his hug though. He was to strong. I didn’t fit in his arms like I used to. I wasn’t his sister anymore.

“I’m sorry. So, so sorry. You’ve got to believe me Jez, we did it for your safety. You’ll understand if you just let me explain. I promise.”

“You promise? I’m sorry but I just don’t and won’t believe you anymore. I’ve got to go. Don’t be here when I get back.” I stepped back and glared at the guy standing in front of me. The person that was once my brother, my best friend, and turned stormed to my room to change and raced out of the house.

Where would I go? Joey’s house. I knocked on the door and waited. A few seconds later Joey answered the door in boxers and a white shirt. “Sorry, I know its early…”

I didn’t feel like telling Joey the whole story about what I woke to or what happened the night before with Alex and Logan. All I told him was that I needed a ride to Ally’s house for some gilr time.

“I’m really sorry about waking you up so early and asking for a ride, Joey. I’ll pay you if you want?”

“No, no, Jez. Don’t worry about it. Really, it’s fine. I waste too much time sleeping anyways,” he gave a wry smile.

Ally was surprised by my, well, surprise visit. But, she was happy to see me. I got the feeling that she knew I wasn’t telling her something, shy didn’t pry though. We had a typical girl’s night. We ordered pizza and stayed up late watching crappy horror movies and eating popcorn and cookies. When my mom called in form her trip to check in on me I didn’t bother telling her anything, I didn’t see the point.

Eventually, we finally fell asleep and I was immediately dreaming. It was strange, the dream felt so real. Real, and horrifying. I was standing in the snow and that was the only thing around, snow. Seeing a black spec that looked like a person, I walked towards it. The man stumbled backwards as I noticed the huge gashes on his arms and torso. Blood covered the snow leaving it a deep crimson color. The man fell to his knees screaming in agonizing pain. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something flash, barely noticeable on the white surface. I snapped my head back, focusing on the dying man. He was being mauled by a wolf. The vicious creature was big, I could see its powerful muscles through its thick white coat. I screamed for it to stop as I noticed the man was already dead. The wolf slowly turned its head towards me, finally realizing I was there. My eyes met the oddest golden eyes I’ve ever seen. It towards me making me step back. The beast threw its head back as a loud howl eased from its lips. Then its coat began to rip and tear as easily as paper with the most gut churning sound. Bare muscle began to show as a layer of skin formed. I couldn’t watch. I turned to run, but I had no idea where to go. I knew it was just a dream but I couldn’t wake myself up. It was all so real. I stopped, feeling someone’s eyes staring at me from behind. I turned to see the tragically beautiful creature had been replaced by a man, no, a boy. A young teenage boy. He had put on the destroyed jeans that had been on the dead corpse. Th boy had no shirt on, I could see his muscular torso and arms. His hair was a white-blond, all natural. As I looked up to meet his eyes he quickly closed them and reopened them to show very dark brown eyes, just before he had closed them I could’ve sworn I saw a flash of gold. I felt like I knew him from somewhere. I looked down, staring at my bare feet standing in the snow to think. I heard a growl and slowly looked back up to see a dark brown almost black wolf at the foot of the blonde haired boy. This wolf was much larger than the other had been. I felt my eyes grow wide as it stood on all fours, crouched and lunged at me with teeth bared.
♠ ♠ ♠
Read. comment. subscribe.
tell others to read?
i love feeback, good and bad :P

<3