Secrets

III

I lifted one eyebrow as Joey sat down and just stared at him a bit confused. “Why did you do that? That wasn’t very nice.”

He looked down at what was now our table. “I just thought that maybe you wanted to sit next to someone you already know. Plus I’m going to be taking you to and from school everyday so I thought we could get to know each other a little more. If you don’t want me to sit here I wont.”

“No you can sit here, I don’t mind. But um someone I know? I‘m not sure you qualify just yet since I just met you today. The only reason I asked was…well it’s just that Nick looked kind of upset.” I looked to my left to see that Nick was now preoccupied with some skanky looking chick. I turned back to face Joey who had that smile back on his face. “But I guess he’s over that.”

“Aw that’s just little ol' Nicky, he’ll have a hissy fit then build a bridge and get over it.” He glanced around me to look at Nick. “Don’t worry about him.”

I glanced back over where Nick was sitting then looked back at Joey and just shrugged. As usual he had the smug look on his face.

“So how was your first period.” Just by the tone in his voice and the look upon his face I could tell he already talked to Ally and knew I was in her class.

“Well I met your friend, Ally, she’s in my class. She seems…. pretty cool and fun. Are you guys like going out or something?”

“Nahhhh, we’re just best friends and have been since eight grade.”

I decided to change the subject. “Does Jason like hate you or something?”

“Oh, no he just really likes Ally and he thinks there’s a thing between me and her. Basically he’s just jealous of me. Though he wont admit that he’s crushing on her.”

“He should ask her out, I’m sure she’d say yes. I mean look at him, he’s pretty hot and really nice too.

“Yeah well…”

Slam! A book was slammed down onto the desk in the front of the room. Everyone’s head snapped up, there at the front of the class stood a tall man that I guessed was our teacher. He was pretty good looking for an…older man.

“Okay I’m your Marine 1 teacher, Mr. Sumpter. I’m here now and talking, therefore none of you should be talking.”

Though he seemed a little rude, Mr. Sumpter was the true definition of “Tall dark and handsome.” But seriously? No talking? That’s a tough one for me. I cant possibly go through an hour and a half with out talking to someone.

Just as I thought I was about to die because it’d been fifteen whole minutes that I hadn’t talked, swoosh a folded sheet of paper slid right in front of me. I turned to look at Joey, he had that dashing smile on and just stared up at Mr. Sumpter while he talked about what we would be learning within our eighteen weeks in this class.

I unfolded it and none the less it was a note from Joey. For the rest of that class that’s all we did.

Note:
Joey: Wow Mr. I-have-a-stick-up-my-ass here is boring as fuck!
Me: I know I’m like falling asleep over here. WTF I hope he lightens up soon because I cannot go through an hour and a half with out talking.
Joey: Yeah I know what you mean.
Me: I’m glad you kicked Jason out of this seat. If he were sitting here I probably wouldn’t be talking to him. So thank you thank you thank you!
Joey: HAHA! See I was right. And no problem it’s my pleasure to sit next to you.
Me: Why are you so nice to me?
Joey: I don’t have a reason not to be. I mean come on who wouldn’t be nice to you, you’re pretty sweet and seem really smart. All in all you just seem like a pretty awesome person.
Me: You’re such a charmer.
Joey: Is that a bad thing?
Me: No. Well to me it isn’t. Unless you’re being fake.
Joey: Nahh I don’t act fake. People who do that really get on my nerves.
Me: Yeah same here.
Joey: Woah class is finally almost over :D
Me: Yeey! You saved me with this note. You should keep it. Haha. Is that weird?
Joey: No I was going to keep it anyways. :D
Me: 5 4 3 2 1...Class is over.


Surprise surprise, Joey held the door for me as we left. The both of us couldn’t get out of that place faster. I’m going to dread having to go back tomorrow. Joey waited with me for Ally so I didn’t have to stand there looking like an idiot by myself. I have to say I’m glad he did stay with me, Ally decided to say hi to every person she walked by so naturally it took her a million years and a day to finally get over to me. But hey, she’s a social butterfly, I’m happy for her.

“Hey girl!” Ally called as she was finally some what close to me and Joey.

“Woah, I’m here too!” Joey sounded offended.

“Boy, I see you everyday. Like I was saying hey Jez I see you have to deal with this kid in your class.” She was now standing in front of us and had her thumb pointing towards Joey.

“What’s that supposed to mean? It’s not like I’m annoying or anything.” He snapped back.

“I’d say that’s debatable.” She smirked

We all just stood there for about a second until Ally looked at her phone. “Yo, we’ve got to go, we’re going to be late. See ya at lunch Joey. Come on Jez.”

“Bye guys, talk to you later.” He called after us.

Ally grabbed my arm and dragged me off to my next horrid class, at least I already know someone that’ll be in my class. Still doesn’t mean I want to go. Its school, it still sucks ass no matter what.

“Girl walk faster, we’re going to be late.” She barked.

“Why would I want to go to class? It’s school, I hate school!”

“Well with me as your friend you’re going to learn to love it. I promise.”

Again, like when she said we would become best friends, I believed her. I just felt like she was speaking the truth. This girl just amazes me. In a way she has makes me a believer. With her around I can believe in anything. Its just really weird.

My first class up stairs. Whoopty freakin do! Well at least I was interested in this class. It’s English 2 honors, I love to write, it’s just how I let out my feelings, well… besides the other way in which contains my wrists.

We got the two last seats that were in the back. I sat in the last row and Ally sat in the desk in front of me. We were pretty much the last to enter the class, even the teacher was already there, she was a tall big boned blond woman. Her name was on the bored but I didn’t pay much interest in it.

Every time the blond woman looked away Ally would lean back and whisper to me, we talked about the same things we discussed in first period, who was who and what they were like. I must admit I was a little upset that no one caught my eye in this class. So far Joey was the only guy I had the slightest interest in but I think I should maybe back off, I have a feeling that Ally may have some feelings for him whether she’ll eventually tell me or not.

Our teacher turned away from the board and set down her expo marker. “Well that’s all that I really have planned for today. You may talk to one another until class is over.” I didn’t even know she really talked about anything, I guess I was caught up in what Ally was telling me.

I just slumped in my seat waiting to see if Ally would turn to talk to me or not. She did. “So, What was your old school like?”

“Not very different, I think it was easier to find classes though. Why do you ask?”

“It’s just that usually when we someone’s new at a school they usually talk about their old school and their friends.”

“Yeah well I didn’t really ever make friends at my old school…”

“But weren’t your friends from middle school and elementary school there with you?”

“Yeah but after an incident in my family I sort of blocked everyone out and no one ever bothered to talk to me or try to make friends with me.”

“Oh, well what…”

I cut her off before she could ask. “I don’t tell anyone about it, maybe if we really do become best friends then I’ll tell you. For now that’s all I’m willing to say about it though, sorry I guess.” I don't want a single soul knowing about that, my personal life, just yet. Shit i said way to much!

“Oh uh no problem, I can respect that.” She shook her head. “But what’s this “if” nonsense? We are going to become best friends no matter what…its gunna happen.”

Growl! Could my stomach growl any louder. I guess I didn’t realize how hungry I was, at least lunch is in like fifteen minutes.

I swear this girl really is my twin, she can read my mind. “So fifteen minutes until lunch. You hungry? You get to meet the crew. Lunch is the best part of the day!”

“Starved! And the crew?”

“Don’t worry you’ll see, I’m sure everyone will like you. Who couldn’t like you? You’re so innocent, well with one exception…”

“Huh?”

I just stared at her kind of confused and she leaned in towards my face. “Don’t think I didn’t notice those scars on your wrists.”

I was baffled. I couldn’t speak. No one ever confronted me about that before, even if they’d seen the scars. I mean what is she tells a guidance counselor or something and the my mom finds out, they send people to psycho hospitals for that stuff. Fuck!

“Don’t look so scared girl I wont tell anyone, I do the same thing.”

I still couldn’t speak. “I…I…”

A loud obnoxious bell surrounded the school. Finally class is over. Lunch time. Whoot whoot!
♠ ♠ ♠
comments pwitty pweez?