Secrets

IV

Ally and I made our way to the courtyard to meet up with everyone for lunch. Who ever everyone is. I hope they like me. Ugh I doubt it.

“Well here we are.” Ally extended both of her arms out as if to welcome me to her home.

We were off to the side of the courtyard under a group of trees. She plopped herself down, stretched her arms up and laid back resting her head on her hands. I just sat myself besides her and stared down at my chipped away black nail polish.

Note to self: repaint nails when you get home.

Ally just stared up to the sky “Don’t you just love watching the clouds inch there way across the sky?” she turned her head to look at me.

When I was younger I remember lying out in the front yard with Jeremy and watching the clouds go by, we would tell each other what we thought they looked like. “Uh…yeah its pretty cool I guess.” I didn’t pick up my head to look at her, I just looked at the ground and picked at the grass.

Do you ever get that feeling that someone’s watching you or staring at you? I do. So I glanced over to my left at Ally who looked like she’d fallen asleep. Then I looked to my right and jumped when I realized there was someone sitting next to me.

He winked at me and smiled. “Hey gorgeous, who are you?”

My lips parted as if I was going to say something. The only problem was…I had know idea of what I was going to say. Just as I was about to introduce myself…

“Leave her alone, Alex! She’s new and he name is Jezebel.” I snapped my head towards Ally who now had he head turned towards us.

“Jeez Alice! I just wanted to see who she was and introduce myself.”

“Boy what have I told you about calling me that? Just stick with Ally! Got it?” Ally snapped at Alex.

He rolled his eyes. “Fine.” he turned to face me now. “Anyways, like I was saying before I got my head bit off my Miss. Grouch over here, I’m Alex. Nice to meet you.” He stuck out his fist and I taped it back just like Ally did when I met her this morning. Alex had light brown hair but all you could really see was the part that sort of covered his eye like side bangs, the rest was covered by a grey beanie. I don’t mean to sound rude but his eyes, well they were a boring brown unlike Joeys, but that’s okay because Alex wore an eyebrow ring that didn’t make you realize his boring eyes. “So did you just move here or something?”

“Nah. I’ve lived here since I was seven. Actually I live a few houses down from Joey.”

“No way seriously?” He looked around me to talk to Ally. “Yo Ally are you hearing this? She’s going to fit right in with us.” He turned back to me with a huge excited smile on his face.

Well at least that’s one that liked me. Hmm maybe Joey and Ally were right, maybe they’ll all like me and I’ll just fit right in with their little group.

“Hey Jez. Hey Ally. Hey Alex.” I turned to see Joey walking towards us. “What are you guys up to?”

“Nothing really… But dude why didn’t you tell us that we’d be adding a member to our little crew. I mean seriously if I would’ve known that then I would’ve probably dressed nicer considering the fact that she’s so pretty. And she lives close to you. What’s wrong with you bro?” Both Ally and I just stared at Alex as he had his little titty attack.

“How was I supposed to know she was going to like us and that Ally was going to force her to hang out with us.” Joey swooped down and pulled Alex up. He was some what bigger than him, he took his fist and started giving him a noogy that looked like it hurt like hell. “Now don’t be giving me attitude like that or I’ll kick your ass. We don’t want to be rude in front of our new friend now do we, Alex” Joey smiled at me now as he finished up Alex’s noogy.

We all snapped our heads up when we heard a few people laughing. There were three guys walking towards us pointing and laughing at Joey and Alex. Both Alex and Joey straightened up smiled and walked to the three others.

I leaned towards Ally about to ask who they were but she beat me. “That’s Eric on the left, Dean in the middle and Ian on the right.” She said looking at me as I observed all of them. “They’re part of out little family here.”

Eric was the tallest. He had a blond Mohawk about three inches tall with the tips colored red. Even though he was a good distance from me I could still see that his big eyes were a hazel with more green than brown. Then Dean was the shortest with brown hair that looked like it was being grown out and dark eyes, almost black and he had his lip pierced. Finally Ian I would have to say was the best looking. He had blond brown hair but more blond than brown and it hung in front of his left eye which was a deep blue color. He was truly a pretty boy with a soft pale face.

After a minute or so everyone walked back to me and Ally who stood up to give everyone a hug. I just turned away and looked at the ground.

“Okay guys this is Jezebel but call her Jez, she’s a new member in our family so be nice!” I heard Ally say standing to my right. I could feel everyone’s eyes burning into me so I looked to my right and gave a nervous smile.

Alex chimed in. “Don’t worry we’re all nice so there’s nothing to worry about. We aren’t as stuck up as the rest of the school.” He smiled.

“What the hell!” We all turned to Joey to see why he screamed out. He now stood there with someone on his back as if he was giving a piggy back ride.

The boy on Joeys back still hadn’t shown his face but I was curious to see what he looked like. “Dude, remember that girl Melanie I went on a date with Friday well she thought that meant we were going out. She started telling the whole freaking school that I was her boyfriend. I mean I like her but I don’t know if I want to be her boyfriend. So that’s why I’m late I had to go break it to her that I’m not her boyfriend.” He said out of breath.

“Bro, now that you’re done telling your story would you get off my back please?”

“Aw but I’m so comfortable. Can’t I just stay right here Joey baby?”

I couldn’t take it, the surprised look that was still on Joey’s faces was eating at me, i had to laugh. I let out a little giggle and everyone stared at me. I guess they were in shock, I mean it was the first sound I made since everyone got there.

I could finally see the other boys face. He had pitch black hair that went down to about where his ears ended and covered the majority of his face. Both of his ears were gauged but not to big and he had snake bites and his left eyebrow pierced. His eyes hard to see, were to die for, they were almost a…gold color. I‘d never seen someone’s eyes be that color before. You could see his muscles through his shirt. He… he was amazing.

“Oh yeah Jez this is Logan.” Joey shoved Logan off his back.

“Dude who’s that?” Logan asked back handing Joey’s left shoulder.

“This is Jezebel but call her Jez, the boundaries changed this year so she comes to our school now. She lives a couple house down from me.”

“She does?” He looked at Joey. “Hey, what’s your last name?” he asked me.

“Hillmen. My name’s Jezebel Hillmen. Why?”

“You know what I’ll see you guys later maybe.” He took off in the other direction but glanced back at me. Wowzers he was fast.

“What did I do?” I asked everyone.

I turned to look at Ally. “I don’t know what his problem is Jez. Don’t worry he’ll come around.” She said with her friendly little voice.

A few minutes later the bell rang and we all went our own ways to our next class, which lucky for me had Ally in it.