Secrets

VI

Finally, the first day of school is over and out of the way. Today was just totally wild. I still can’t believe what happened in lunch. How could she be at this school? This can’t possible be happening. It just can’t be! She probably thinks I’m a freak or hate her all because I ran away from her. At least now I can go meet up with the guys and then go home.

I shove the classroom door open and strut to the courtyard. I sigh in relief as I see everyone at our spot. Then at that moment, some girl standing next to Ally turned around to look directly at me.

Crap! It’s Jez. I can’t believe this. How the hell am I supposed to survive this school year knowing that everywhere I go, there she’ll be?

Wha…what should I do?

Before I knew it I was already like a mile away. This is bad, no! this is horrible! I swear this girl is going to be the death of me. I guess the only thing I can do is go home and get some advice.

I jump on my bike and speed out of the student parking lot. If there’s a cop around he won’t be able to catch me. I brake, realizing there was a stop light. Of course there would be a red light when I’m in a hurry. I reach into my pocket and pull out my cell. I press the number four speed dial and wait for an answer.

“Hello?”

“Hey bro, it’s Logan.” I started. “I’m uh, on my way home.”

“Already? Not hanging out with the guys?” questioned the voice on the other side of the phone.

“Yeah, dude listen, there’s a problem. That’s why I’m calling. Kind of like a heads up. Ya know? Seriously I really need to talk to you.”

“Okay, okay. I’ll be ready to talk about whatever it is when you get here. Calm down.”

“Thanks. See ya, Jeremy.” I hit the end button and zip home as the light changed to green.