Secrets

IX

My mind was spinning, I had so many questions and no one to answer them. What’s going on? How has Jeremy been watching me? Why hasn’t he ever contacted me if he’s always been so close? Who does he have watching me? What about my dad? Will I ever see them again?

Knowing my mom wouldn’t be home anytime soon, I decided to take a walk, give my mind some time to think. I changed out of my jeans and into a pair of sofee shorts and exchanged my shirt for a sports bra and threw on a hoodie over it. I grabbed my cell phone off the couch as I slipped out the front door locking it behind me.

Standing on my front porch, I closed my eyes and let the crisp night air swirl through my hair. I step down and begin walking to who knows where. Eventually I find myself at the park and kick off my vans and let my toes wander through the cool sand as I made my way to the swings.

I’ve always loved swings, ever since I could remember. Daddy would stand behind me and push the swing making me feel like I was flying, I’d giggle and pretend like I was a fairy or any other mythical creature in some fairytale and daddy would catch me as I jumped off the swing and he’d whisper in my ear, ‘If you wish hard enough, then maybe someday your life will be a fairytale sweetheart.’

I opened my eyes and snapped out of my flash back as I heard a twig snap. I slammed my feet into the sand making the swing stop. There, about twenty feet in front of me was a dark shadowy figure in dark jeans and a black hoodie. He whistled at me. What, did he think I was a dog? Then there was a rustle in the bushes a few feet behind the swings, probably the wind.

“Hey baby. Wanna have some fun tonight?” He called over. Before I could answer he was standing right in front of me with his hand on my cheek.

I yanked my face away and stood up. “I have to go” I mumbled and turned to walk away.

He snatched my wrist and yanked me back, he was strong, stronger than most people I know. “Where ya goin so soon babe?”

“Home.” I pulled away and he grabbed me by my waist but dropped his hands from my body as the bushes rustled again and a loud, deep growl came from them. The man nodded and backed away. I turned to the bushes but saw nothing and as I turned back to the man he was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
what a creeper right?
thankies for reading dearies :]