Sequel: As I Lay Dying
Status: Complete

Humorous Love

Nightmare Reasoning

"Harry, I need to talk to you!" I called behind him, as he walked with a fast pace down the empty hallway.

"Yes, Krysta?" He said turning around to face me, "Could you hurry? I have to go meet Dumbledore in his office."

"Well, that’s actually what I needed to talk to you about," I said as soon as we started walking again. Our feet made soft beats on the cold floor. It was my potions class hour, which I was more then happy to skip, but today I needed to talk to Harry. Without Fred.

"Okay, shoot."

"Well, I know that you and Dumbledore know that you-know-who is back. But, you wont tell anyone else-"

"How do you know about this?" Harry said interrupting me, stopping mid-step.

"Well, Hermione. She's my best friend, she tells me everything. Anyway, as I was saying. I know you guys know, and know what he’s up to. I know you have been getting those weird visions in your sleep, and the burning of your scar. Well, that’s what I need to talk to you about.

"A few nights ago, I had this weird dream. I was in a field and it was dark. It looked as if evil had taken over, and I heard whispers. They were to me, Harry. The voice was like a snake, and when I turned around I saw you-know-who. He said that I was the death eater he was looking for, but I can't be.

"Anyway, I told him I wasn't. That I couldn't be, but he didn't believe me. That’s when I noticed all the bodies surrounding us. They were all dead. And, when I looked at my feet, there lay Fred. You-know-who, said I killed him. That together we could concur all, but I refused."

"It was just a bad dream," Harry said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"But it wasn't, it couldn't of been. I tried to cast a spell on him, but he was too quick. That’s when Fred woke me up. I was screaming bloody murder. The pain hurt so much, and when I woke, it was still there!"

"Where? Where, did it hurt?" Harry asked in a serious voice.

"My back, he hit me from behind. But when Fred checked, he saw nothing. It didn't even hurt when he touched it."

"Come with me, we need to see Dumbledore." he stammered, pulling me down the remainder of the empty hallway.

*******

"I see.." I heard Dumbledore mumble as Harry continued to recite my story. I sat at the back of the office, watching as the two whispered back and forth. Occasionally they would glance my way, but then went back to mumbling.

"Miss. Daniels, would you come here?" Dumbledore said, standing up from his chair.

"Yes, sir." I answer politely, walking across the room to his big wooden desk.

"Harry, tells me that you had an unusual dream, am I correct?"

"Yes, sir."

"That it was about Voldemort, and how he said you were a death eater," he said to himself.

"Yes, sir." I answered anyway. Side glancing at Harry, who looked worriedly at me.

"May I see your back?" he asked with reassuring eyes.

All I could do was nod. I took off my robs, revealing my tank top and jeans. I slowly lifted the back of my shirt, staring at Harry the whole time. He looked more scared then I was.

"May I?" Dumbledore asked, and I shook my head in approval.

Gently, his fingers traced the spine of my back. Sending chills by his cold, wrinkled touch. I watched as Harry moved in the silence, around to where Dumbledore stood. I heard a silent gasp, making me even more nervous then I was.

I heard light whispers, but couldn't make anything out. Someone pulled down the back of my shirt, and I stood up once more. I turned around to look at Harry and Dumbledore. They looked back at me, shock filled their eyes.

"What?" I croaked, I felt like I was about to cry.

"Krysta, we believe he has chosen you." Dumbledore said softly. "You have a slash down your back, only one who have seen death can see it. That’s why Mr. Weasley couldn't. It's a death mark, but nothing that can hurt you physically. Just mentally. I believe that Voldemort has chosen you to assist the leader in his dark army. Sending you visions, at what he wants you to do. However, you can always choose. Good or bad? All witches and wizards have the choice. Now its your turn."

"I choose good," I said still in shock, after a few minutes of silence. I hardly noticed that Harry had brought me into an embrace. I felt the tears in my eyes. I can't be evil, I can't be a death eater!

"I respect your choice, however, I also believe that Voldemort will continue giving you visions and pain. I insist that you train along side Harry, after all you are a powerful witch."

"But Hermione is a better witch, why me?" I said as a tear slid down my cheek.

"Hermione is a brilliant witch, but mostly at mind. You on the other hand, have it physically.

"Don't let this fear you, as long as your here, your safe. Go on living like normal, don't have Mr. Weasley worrying over something he can't prevent." he said with a smile. I smiled back, I had nothing to fear. "I will make you stronger, along side Harry of course. Harry, please, next time you have your lesson. Bring along, Krysta."

"Yes, sir." Harry said, giving me a slight and weary smile.

"Now, I believe you have classes to get to. And a dance to get ready for, a week is only a minute away." Dumbledore said with a smile. It told me I had no need to worry, that everything was okay. He was going to make sure of it.

I knew I was protected.

*******

I skipped the rest of the day, I was way over my head with everything. I sat on my bed thinking about what just happened. I was a death eater, Voldemort wanted me, I was not going onto the dark side, I was going to have dark dreams for the rest of my life! But, I didn't have any for the past couple of days.

Maybe this was all a miss understanding. I can't be any of that. I'm just loosing it! I need to push all of this out of my mind. Focus on school, the dance, and my boyfriend. My boyfriend? Was this really true? I had a boyfriend in the middle of all this mess!

I sighed with irritation, laying back on my bed. Soon girls flooded the room, school had ended and everyone was getting back from their last class. I saw Hermione, as she tried to push through the crowd. I couldn't tell her, not yet. Not until I was with Harry at least, we were in this together.

I sat up once she made her way over to my bed, books in hand. She had a questionable look on her face, seeing the fear in my eyes. She knew me too well.

"I'll tell you later," I said before she could say anything, leaving her mouth open with nothing to speak.

"Lets just go dress shopping this weekend," I said, pushing everything life threatening out of my mind.

"Okay," she said slowly, sitting next to me on my bed. "But, your going to tell me soon right?"

"Yeah, only you. But you have to wait,"

"Suspense kills," she said with a sigh.

"That's not the only thing."
♠ ♠ ♠
There you have it! The big shock of the story, but I love her choice. It's long, like I said I would try and start doing. Notice: TRY. So sorry if I'm not able to. And if you read the books, and things aren't happening in the right year. I'm really sorry! I'm just trying to have it work out with her year and age. So like I said, changing it up!

Tell me what you think!

Comment.Suscribe.Critic.Please!

-Krysta :)